Quantcast

LG OLED 65C7V defaulting to hdmi with no cable inserted

Koldolmen

Question

When i start my tv it boots up at HDMI 2 ARC which is the last one used and the one I want to use (Sound bar/apple tv connected), but then the tv changes to HDMI 4 and I don't understand why because there's nothing connected to it. It does this every time. I start my tv via my apple tv remote. Is there a way to force HDMI 2? Set it as default?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By H_Rovy
      I want to be able to turn on my TV without it automatically launching a cable channel. ( or repeatedly asking me if I want to turn on the cable box).  Is there any way to "just' start with the home screen? Also when I've been watching something (app or cable) and go back to Home screen, it will go back to what I was watching if there is no input for a minute or so. grrrr. so annoying
    • By Brendanchatt
      Hello all,

From what I can tell, this may not be supported anymore.  I am on webOS TV Version 7.1.0-68 (mullet-maria).

I just purchased an OLED 42 inch C2.  When I select Multiview, the two hdmi ports are not an available combination.  

I have turned of CEC (now SIMPLINK) for both HDMI inputs as I read in a post from 2018.

Thank you,
      Brendan
    • By Bevb
      I have a NANO91ANA LG TV connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V677 Receiver. Normally when I turn the TV on it also turns the receiver on and I can control volume via the LG remote, whether it is an app on the TV or from another device connected to my receiver (Apple TV or cable box). Now the receiver is not turning on and ARC audio is not working. I think there may have been a software update the other day, but I'm not sure. However, everything was working properly until last night. The last time this happened it seemed to correct itself (it seems to be kind of sporadic), but this time it did not. I do not know what to do to correct this, but it is a major pain as I'm now having to deal with 4 remotes, plus I can't get sound out of my surround speakers when using an app on the TV.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    • By bulsat88
      I have a LG webOS TVUM7050PLF which is being used with a satellite dish in my vacation home. I am trying to add a new satellite, which is not included in the embedded list of 30+ satellites of this TV.
      Can anybody help me on how to add a new satellite, which is not included in the TV's existing list.

• By Jim Brown
      I have a LG OLED C8 TV with a Soundbar and when connected to Optical the Volume Control is normal with a Percentage 0% to 100% but when connecting to HDMI ARC port like the Soundbar suggest to be connected it just show + or -,  you don't have anyway of knowing what the volume is set  to.    I have tried two Soundbars a LG LAS551H that was connected via Optical and when connected to HDMI ARC it also does not show Volume Control.  I have  got a new Sonos Beam Gen 2 that is now connected to HDMI ARC port and sounds great but if I connect it to Optical it's much lower in volume but has the Volume indicator.   Please advice.    
      I would like to suggest three enhancement request: 1. to show Volume Percentage on the HDMI ARC port.  2. Optical and HDMI ARC have the same output and 3. the Sonos be added to the Device list under Soundbars. 
      Thank you, 
      Jim Brown