Quantcast

Receiving/Decoding satellite channels on LG Smart TV?

Hi All, I've been using a satellite set top box to receive Intelsat, UK TV. Realised the TV has satellite input so connected my dish cable directly into the TV sat input and  I can get to the point where I can see all the UK TV channels but every one is black, no picture or sound. I'm assuming there is an extra step in the setup but can't work out what to do. Can anyone advise what I need to do, is it even possible? Or is there an additional app that I can download? Thanks!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      New Company to Fuse Magna’s and LG’s Electric Powertrain
      Strengths to Accelerate E-Drive Component Development

SEOUL, South Korea and AURORA, Ontario, Canada, July 28, 2021 – LG Electronics (LG) and Magna International Inc. (Magna) today signed the transaction agreement which establishes a joint venture between the two companies. The new company, to be called LG Magna e-Powertrain, is headquartered in Incheon, South Korea and will be led by a strong management team.
      Leading the new company will be CEO , a 20-year LG veteran who was most recently vice president and head of the LG Vehicle component Solutions Company’s Green Business. Prior to LG, Cheong spent nearly a decade with Daewoo Motors R&D.
      , who has been with Magna since 2016, will be the new company’s COO. He will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the joint venture. Perez brings nearly a quarter century of automotive manufacturing and quality control experience to LG Magna e-Powertrain, 18 of those years based in Asia.
      The creation of the joint venture unifies Magna’s strength in electric powertrain systems and world-class automotive manufacturing with LG’s expertise in component development for e-motors and inverters. Announcing LG Magna e-Powertrain’s executive team marks a key milestone for the joint venture company, which will manufacture e-motors, inverters and on-board chargers and, for certain automakers, related e-drive systems.
      The design, engineering and manufacturing synergies created by LG Magna e-Powertrain is expected to enable both companies to quickly react to market trends and capitalize on the growing global shift toward vehicle electrification. The new company will develop powertrain components that offer automakers a scalable portfolio, from complete solutions enabling electrification and functionality to integrating intelligent operating software and controls in new e-drive systems.
      “Partnering with Magna enables LG to scale up its global production, provide additional business opportunities and offer synergies in procurement and technological innovation,” said CEO Cheong. “The integrated and collaborative approach is expected to deliver quickly for customers and capitalize on the rapid growth of the worldwide electric powertrain market.”
      “The market for e-motors, inverters and electric drive systems is expected to have significant growth between now and 2030. Our joint venture company brings together experts from Magna and LG to deliver a world-class portfolio of electric solutions,” said COO Perez. “Leveraging existing technologies, engineering capabilities and global footprints, LG Magna e-Powertrain seeks to enable advancements that help automakers achieve some of the biggest challenges ahead in electrifying their full vehicle lineups.”
      LG Magna e-Powertrain will be made up of more than 1,000 employees in the United States, South Korea and China.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Spraoí
      Recently bought an LG Smart TV in Ireland. 43Nano796NE .

There is a button on the remote for Google assistant. Nothing happens when it is pressed. I downloaded the ThinQ app and have paired it to the TV and Google home assistant. I can turn on off the TV via Google and at best turn on Netflix via Google . Just wondering am I missing something else here given the button on the remote doesn't do anything? There is  also a buttonn for opening up Disney plus and that doesn't open up the app. The app button for Netflix and Prime does work. Maybe a first world problem only. Apps for Ireland are not great, would love to be able to download Virgin media player and All Four.
    • By Moon
      How can I set a custom screen saver? Or a group of pictures/videos to cycle through?
    • By News Reporter
      The last year and a half have been the ultimate test of resilience for everyone and HR at LG has been at the forefront of managing these difficult times. Throughout the pandemic, the HR team navigated new ways for employees and management to work as the company has been forced to rethink and adapt to the new environment.
      Here at LG, the health and safety of our employees are our highest priorities. In this regard, we have always led by example such as the time we made the difficult decision to be the first multinational company to , the largest trade show in the industry, at the start of the pandemic as we felt it was the only way of ensuring the safety of our employees, customers and partners.

Since early last year, LG’s HR teams across the globe have been reinforcing business and organization sustainability as well as continuous internal communication and transparency at all levels. It is this close alignment in direction that has allowed HR to act swiftly and provide invaluable support across the organization and to our valued employees since the very beginning.
      To provide the best working environment possible, aligning LG’s HR leaders around the world immediately proved vital, with constantly open and transparent communication making this all possible. To guarantee that our global HR teams were on the same page, we created specific communication channels to deliver video presentations on the direction of our global HR strategy as well as employing more frequent virtual face-to-face discussions with HR leaders from around the globe.

As well as taking care of employees’ physical health, LG made an equal effort to support their psychological and mental health. In India, one of the countries hit particularly hard, we went above and beyond to support the physical and mental health of our staff. First step was to implement a Happy Calling system which involved our HR staff calling each employee every four to five days to check on their well-being and ensure that they and their families are safe and well looked after. This system allowed us to help employees from the privacy of their homes by accepting all questions and requests confidentially.

For global employees working from home, we wanted them to stay connected and collaborate as a team. To foster this, we hosted various online group activities including remote yoga classes, virtual lunches, happy hours and online cooking lessons for the whole family. We implemented various new programs because of our firm belief in the importance of human connections among employees. We have faith that these activities help our employees take on one of the most difficult times in modern history.
      Our health and well-being initiatives are not entirely new as we have been carrying out such activities for some time. These activities were already in place to cultivate growth among employees all around the world, regardless of their location. As a purpose- and principle-oriented company, LG’s people management philosophy pursues personal and professional growth in every single aspect, including health and well-being.

As the global head of HR at LG, my focus has always been on supporting LG Electronics and its talented workers and preparing them for the future by transforming the way we work together, nurturing the talent and capabilities of our people so that we may succeed and grow together in a fast, innovative and highly competitive market.
      The pandemic showed us the importance of this goal in all its clarity.
      By Carlos Olave, LG Global HR Leader
      # # #

• By fillysun
      Summer Day is coming!! Currently DRmare Software is holding a party to give free gift to all users. Just join and get a free and cool summer gift there. By the way, you can get larger discount in DRmare to buy the tool you want. For more details, please visit: 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By NicZ
      Dear all,
      I really need to verify my understanding on how the whole Record / Play and Live TV works.
      I own  a brand new OLED 65GX6LA TV of which I am very satisfied with picture quality and all but...
      I have noticed that when I am watching a program that I am recording and use Time machine to go back to some past bits, when the record has finished I am kicked out of my viewing and I need to go back to the list of recordings to start again and then I need to look for the place where I was. Additionally I can't record a program from the satellite tuner and watch from the terrestrial Tuner (or viceversa) even though they are separate tuners.
      To me it looks that the current Record / Play and Pause Live TV functionality has been implemented using a single memory buffer which doesn't allow any of the above.
      Is my assumption correct or is there anything that I haven't done in my set up that makes it so limiting?
      Many thanks,  Nic.