Quantcast

Receiving/Decoding satellite channels on LG Smart TV?

Hi All, I've been using a satellite set top box to receive Intelsat, UK TV. Realised the TV has satellite input so connected my dish cable directly into the TV sat input and  I can get to the point where I can see all the UK TV channels but every one is black, no picture or sound. I'm assuming there is an extra step in the setup but can't work out what to do. Can anyone advise what I need to do, is it even possible? Or is there an additional app that I can download? Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ccinterod02
      Hi friends, I am developing a small server in a hotel to integrate all our system (home automation, checkin/checkout, door openings and televisions). My idea is to launch a promotional video on the televisions when the door is opened the first time after a checkin  (among other things). can I do it with a smart tv with webOS? If so, how can I do it?
      Thanks in advance
    • By News Reporter
      The inspiring LG Objet Collection has gained a global fan base since its worldwide launch in 2021, and for good reason. Through its understated designs and diverse materials and colors, this sophisticated collection of premium appliances and devices extends the opportunity to curate living spaces that reflect unique lifestyles and preferences like no other.

To raise the bar even higher for the ‘smart home’ experience, LG Vietnam recently launched the ‘LG Objet House’ at Flamingo Dai Lai Resort. Just 45 kilometers north of Hanoi, this all-new brand space and resort is fully equipped with state-of-the-art appliances from the LG Objet Collection.

Within the elegant four walls of the LG Objet House, the harmony effortlessly created by LG Objet products blurs the line between modern home appliances and high-end furniture. Together, these stylish, innovative appliances complete a seamless living space that honors the distinctive style of the homeowner.

During their stay, visitors can experience what seamless living really means thanks to LG PuriCare Aero Furniture, an air purifier that doubles as a side table; LG OLED Objet Collection Posé, a lifestyle TV which transforms into a digital frame that expresses every brushstroke of a painting; LG Objet InstaView refrigerator with an edge-to-edge glass that delivers a 23-percent-wider viewing angle; and LG Objet Styler, a premium clothing care system wrapped in a stylish, modern design.

Since every LG Objet innovation has been designed to blend effortlessly into a wide array of living spaces, they are able to complement each room of the LG Objet House. The life-enriching capabilities of this exclusive space is what leaves a lasting impression on visitors. And it goes without saying that every LG device featured in LG Objet House can be monitored and controlled on the LG ThinQ app, a level of connectivity that introduces a new “smart home” standard to the nation.

Aligning with the company’s global strategy to enhance customer experiences, LG Objet House aspires to encourage greater user interaction. “Through the moments of relaxation felt at LG Objet House, we hope to demonstrate the elevated lifestyle our LG Objet Collection makes possible,” said Song Ik-hwan, president of LG Vietnam, during its launch event.

Striking the perfect balance between aesthetics and functionality, the LG Objet Collection has received high praise from around the world. In Vietnam specifically, one of its products was named the “Most Groundbreaking Product Design” of 2023 at Vietnam Design Week (VMARK 2023). These works of art are not only innovative and visually stunning, they also evoke positive emotions by delivering the next-level user experiences that make sure life is always good.

People can now spend their vacation at LG Objet House, the ideal destination for “smart home” advocates thanks to the level of connectivity offered by the LG Objet Collection, a harmonious selection of practical innovations that boast aesthetic appeal with their sophisticated colors, subtle designs and use of sustainable materials.

Contributed by LG Vietnam
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By SailorMoon
      Hello,
      I have a problem with my new LG OLED G2 newest version 4 firmware.
      I tried sorting my satellite channels with chansort programm from github, because sorting them with the tv remote is a pain.
      When I try to sort them with the remote and have selected about 10 or more channels all the selected channels get suddenly getting deselected, so I can only select up to 10 at a time  to 
      sort them -> must be some kind of firmwarebug? 
      After exporting the channellist to a usb stick then editing it with chansort an importing it back into the tv all my channels are gone, all transponderns are deleted.
      First I thought it was a charsort problem but all channels and transponders get also deleted when I simply export them to a usb drive an import them back, without editing the file at all.
      Does someone know how to fix this problem? 
      And yes I´ve done multiple factory resets -> did not fix any of this behaviour.
      I also discoverd another bug the deletes all channels, because I needed to reboot the tv I searched for a reboot option in the tvs menu, but there is no reboot option.
      To do a full reboot (except from forcing it through cutting the tvs power) you can deselect the privicy agreements, after that the tv reboots, but then all channels are gone too.

• By tezz7624
      How do you get these Sony TV channels?
      Your Samsung and LG TVs get 8 blockbuster new channels this month and all for free

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Jim11787
      New OLED C3. New setup and I can’t change channels using tv magic remote- I have to use set top box remote. Verified setup with LG tech today and it is correct. Upon him checking for solutions he said there is a software bug that is not allowing the magic remote to change channels. Stated a fix is in works but doesn’t know when it will be available. Asked for a supervisor and was told one would call back in a few hours but they didn’t. I can return the tv now but was wondering if others are having this issue and for how long. I don’t want to get stuck with a tv with multiple remotes. 
  • Similar Tagged Content