Quantcast

PUTTING THE SPOTLIGHT ON ATHLETES OF EAST AFRICA

Kenya-Athletes-01-600x381.jpgLG East Africa managing director Kim Sa-nyoung and SJAK President Chris Mbaisi

Sports promote greater diversity by bringing cultures and people together and its profound impact is felt in many spheres of life. But since the start of the pandemic, most of the world has not been able to enjoy the fruits and joys of this favorite pastime. As countries slowly begin reopening for business and return to life as usual, LG East Africa partnered with the Sports Journalists Association of Kenya (SJAK) to recognize and reward outstanding sporting talent in Kenya.

Kenya-Athletes-02.jpgTyler Okari Ongwae, Photo Credit: Kenya Basketball Federation

The LG Sports Personality of the Month Award, a year-long collaboration, gives LG and SJAK the opportunity to put a spotlight on the most exceptional Kenyan sportsmen and sportswomen for their achievements. A winner is selected by a panel of SJAK members from eight different media outlets in Kenya every month. Five athletes in the fields of tennis, basketball, boxing and marathon running have already been recognized this year with LG Sports Personality of the Month Awards.

Kenya-Athletes-03-600x400.jpgAngela Okutoyi, Photo Credit: Tennis Kenya

Winners to date include tennis star Angela Okutoyi and basketball player Tylor Okari Ongwae who were both awarded LG Instaview refrigerators in recognition of their amazing achievements on their respective courts. Boxer Elly Ajowi received an LG NanoCell TV while Ruth Chepng’etich, who recently set the world record for the half marathon, received an LG AI DD washing machine for her contribution to the sport. Earlier this week marathoner Titus Ekiru was named the latest winner which included the prize of an LG SolarDOM oven.

“This award has really motivated me to do well in my next race in Tokyo so I can hopefully bring back another medal for Kenya,” said Chepng’etich.

Kenya-Athletes-04-600x288.jpg
Ruth Chepng’etich

This isn’t the first time LG has worked with SJAK, having previously coordinated on the nation’s Footballer of the Month award. According to SJAK president Chris Mbaisi, the LG Sports Personality of the Month Award is already motivating both up-and-coming and established athletes alike at a time when the sports world has had little to be optimistic about.

Kenya-Athletes-05.jpg
Elly Ajowi

Boxer Ajowi applauded LG and SJAK for creating the much-appreciated award program and said the recognition would inspire other boxers to be the best that they can be in the sport.

Throughout these creative partnerships, LG is demonstrating its commitment to social sustainability. Collaborations such as the LG Sports Personality of the Month Award underline the crucial role the private sector can play in championing the development of local talent who could one day go for gold and bring pride to a whole nation.

Contributed by LG East Africa

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      LG Acquires AppleMango Together with GS Energy and GS Neotek,
      Securing Advanced EV Charger Development Capabilities

SEOUL, June 27, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced it has acquired South Korean electric vehicle (EV) charger solutions provider, AppleMango Co., Ltd., jointly with GS Energy and GS Neotek. The acquisition is expected to accelerate the growth of LG’s EV charging solution business and enable the company to take advantage of future business opportunities.
      This strategic move, combined with LG’s own expertise and wealth of experience in both B2C and B2B segments, will enable the company to create fully-featured charging stations boasting a user-friendly interface and real-time control/management. LG continues to strengthen its EV charging solution business leveraging its exceptional digital signage technologies – specifically, its IP-rated outdoor digital display with sturdy, dust- and water-proof enclosure.
      Established in 2019, AppleMango has developed proprietary technologies and systems, including a slim, fast charger, to meet the rising global demand for EV charging solutions. In addition to the company’s market-leading charging tech, LG will secure access to the necessary operational infrastructure by working closely with GS Energy and GS Neotek. Both GS companies have considerable experience in operating EV charging stations and related businesses.
      The new acquisition will help LG to become an integrated solutions provider, bringing together its new charger development capabilities and existing in-house-developed EV charging management system. Moreover, the move is expected to create synergy with LG’s ongoing efforts in the area of vehicle components, including the development and supply of EV batteries and adjacent products, such as energy storage system (ESS) and energy management solutions.
      “The EV charging market is expected to grow rapidly due to the surging demand for more eco-friendly vehicles,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “Leveraging our know-how and experience in the B2B sector, we will offer customized, integrated vehicle charging solutions for diverse customers, enhancing the competitiveness of our existing business and ensuring our readiness for future opportunities.”
      LG now boasts a comprehensive EV business portfolio, with the recently-launched EV charging solution business joining other LG-owned concerns, including the LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company, ZKW Group and the LG Magna e-Powertrain joint venture. This year, LG will establish an EV charger production line at LG Digital Park in South Korea, and aims to provide customized charging solution for various settings, such as private residences, shopping malls, hotels and public institutions, in the near future.
      # # #

• By H_Rovy
      I want to be able to turn on my TV without it automatically launching a cable channel. ( or repeatedly asking me if I want to turn on the cable box).  Is there any way to "just' start with the home screen? Also when I've been watching something (app or cable) and go back to Home screen, it will go back to what I was watching if there is no input for a minute or so. grrrr. so annoying
    • By Finjo
      Hi, whenever I turned on my PS5 in the past on my TV  I would get a prompt in the bottom middle to press a button to automatically go to the HDMI channel, now I still get a notification in the top right saying “HDMI 1 is available” but it doesn’t seem clickable.

Has this been caused by a software update? I did also set up a sound bar in the HDMI ARC port recently and wondering if it could have anything to do with that?
    • By News Reporter
      LG Presents the Future of Commercial Technology With
      Digital Signage Solutions and Autonomous Robot Assistant

SEOUL, June 9, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) will showcase its innovative commercial technologies including Transparent OLED Signage to a diverse lineup of LED signage products and autonomous robot assistants in Las Vegas (USA) at InfoComm 2022 from June 8. LG will spotlight a variety of commercial use-case scenarios in seven distinct zones that demonstrate how LG products support business needs in boardrooms, retail boutiques, drive-throughs, residential home offices, professional creative studios and more.
      Inside the booth, visitors will be treated to thoughtful technology implementations in spaces that explore how nearly all businesses today can leverage digital tools to improve efficiency, productivity and customer experiences.
      Welcoming visitors to LG’s Retail Solutions zone is the LED signage solution using 54-inch bezel-free displays allowing integrators to create a seamless viewing experience. The new 54-inch LG LED Bloc (model LSAC) is approximately four times larger in area than most commonly used LED cabinets, and its unique size allows this model to use it like a 55-inch LCD video wall display with easy installation – it even fits the brackets of existing LCD video wall models.* Also being unveiled in the Retail Solutions zone, is the company’s first multi-purpose customer service robot, LG CLOi GuideBot, which is designed to provide wayfinding, enhanced security and powerful advertising opportunities. LG CLOi GuideBot’s friendly digital face and two large touch screens are designed to revolutionize the customer experience virtually everywhere from museums and convention centers to movie theaters and hotels.
      The Reception zone highlights the creative and engaging possibilities of LG’s Transparent OLED Signage displays, while also demonstrating how 88-inch Ultra Stretch Displays and LG Ultra Slim LED signage can deliver informative and attractive backdrops.
      In the Collaboration and Education Solutions zone, visitors will experience technologies targeted to boardrooms, meeting rooms and training rooms/learning environments. Products shown include LG’s 136-inch LED All-in-One display with onboard system controller and speakers, 55-inch and 43-inch versions of the LG One:Quick Works and One:Quick Flex 4K all-in-one collaboration tool, an 86-inch LG CreateBoard interactive whiteboard, the novel 28-inch LG DualUp Monitor with a unique 16:18 aspect ratio, a 27-inch QHD Ergo Dual desktop monitor, a 15-inch LG gram laptop and a 98-inch large format UHD signage for classrooms.
      The Residential zone is split into two rooms. The Home Cinema area will exhibit LG MAGNIT – the jaw-dropping picture quality created by its several million self-emissive LED pixels lets people enjoy their favorite movies at home. And the Home Office area features a 43-inch One:Quick Flex display, a 14-inch LG gram laptop and two QHD ergonomic desktop monitors that can be independently oriented to form a 32:9 ultrawide display or a 16:18 display, or offer a vertical and horizontal screen simultaneously.
      Creative, film and broadcast professionals may be especially interested in the OLED Pro Creative Studio zone, which demonstrates the exceptional color, clarity and performance of LG’s 32-inch UltraFine OLED Pro desktop monitor that can be supplemented with a monitor hood and a detachable self-calibration sensor. Two 65-inch UltraFine OLED Pro displays, one wall-mounted and the other on a stand, complete the space.
      The Control Room zone demonstrates how LG’s 136-inch LED All-in-One can be leveraged in command centers. Plus, the company’s 55-inch Even Bezel LCD panels will form a variety of video wall displays with virtually no distinguishable separation between panels. A 43-inch IPS UHD desktop monitor will be displayed alongside a 49-inch IPS Dual QHD UltraWide curved monitor, offering a 32:9 aspect ratio.
      Lastly, the Projector zone contains LG’s high-brightness and Ultra Short Throw (UST) 4K UHD CineBeam Laser projectors and the all-new ProBeam business projector showing how the company’s expansive product line offers optimized solutions for virtually every situation and need.
      # # #
      * 54-inch LED Bloc can be installed using VESA wall-mount (600×400) and screws.