Quantcast

Country group code cannot changed anymore and it is locked.

Nimazh

Question

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 13. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IL.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Feroze Mohamed
      Hi am new to the LG world and accidentally realised this feature. Searched online but didn't find anyone mentioning this so thought to share. 

Did you know that the TV can be powered ON not just by the POWER button on the remote? 

1. Power Button : Turns ON the tv and loads previous source or HOME dashboard (takes few seconds)

2. NETFLIX button : Turns ON the TV directly to the NETFLIX app much lesser time to load. 

3. Prime Video Button : Turns ON the TV directly to the Prime Video app much lesser time to load. 

4. Disney+ Button  : Turns ON the TV directly to the VideoDisney+ app much lesser time to load. 

5. Any Digit on the Number pad powers on the TV but no point as the shortcuts do not work. 

If this was a known information then sorry for the post

• By Mahfuzur Rahman Bhuyian
      Not getting power, what to do
    • By Hale
      We had a 40A power breaker overload, and shutdown. After that our 55UB8500 started without Bluetooth and WIFI.
      First time I revived the WIFI/BT (and magic remote) with the TV hard reset, and waiting for a few hours unconnected. It worked almost 2 days, and WIFI died finally.
      I tried ordering second-hand WIFI modules from ALiExpress junk stores two times, but every time there is NG/NG in In-Start against WIFI and BT.
      Of course, I tried resetting it in various combinations.
      The most confusing thing is that  USB works fine, IR works fine, RJ45 works fine! So there should be all the voltages. There are no errors in power log, every time it is a power-button action, or a timeout at the input when PC and Nintendo are shut down.
      So I have a suspicion that something is bad in the software/deep configuration? How do you think? Is there a way to restore,  or a simple way to debug without the service jig?
      My original unit is configured for Japan with WIFI made in Philipines (if I remember correctly, I need to dig it out from the junk storage box). The junk modules I ordered are Chinese. Made in Philipines and China, I do not know, do they have a regional lock or free to swap.
    • By NANOCELL1
      I just purchased an LG 55" 75 NANOCELL T.V about 10 day's ago. out of the blue on day 8 when I would switch from HDMI 1 to Live T.V the T.V would show the T.V broadcast for about 1 second and then the T.V would turn off. so I I did the plug unplug then I messed with energy saving features timers so on so forth on the LG, but to no Avail could not get it to stop shutting off when I would switch Inputs.  so I am scratching my head??? I was to the point of returning the T.V to the place of purchase as I am still within the return period.  So I think Maybe it's a CEC/HDMI power function issue on my Shield T.V Pro.  "I am not sure if this is a random bug or not, and why I am posting this here." it may be an an LG and Shield T.V issue".  So any way the "THE FIX" what I did was go into settings on my Shield T.V Pro , select Device Preferences, then select display and sound, then select   Power control, I then ticked each option to off, and then reboot the Shield T.V and VIOLA!! no more issue with the input issue, I then went back into the  BOX and turned each one back on one at a time until I could find the one preference  that was causing the issue,  "it was the option sleep shield when T.V input changes" that was the culprit.!!!! I hope this helps anyone that has had this same issue!! keep it off it's not needed for most 
    • By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.