Quantcast

webOS browser drag&drop function broken in latest update

ljjones

Question

I used to be able to drag&drop text and links to browser tabs.  Now tabs reject anything dropped on them.

This function was very convenient.  I could leave the cursor in one tab, navigate to another tab and pickup some text (or even an image), and drop it on the previous tab at the top of the screen.  The previous tab would open and the text/link/image would be pasted where I left the cursor.

It just doesn't work anymore.  Anybody else seen this?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

It was a nice way to open things in new tab, thank you for this, new browser had several issues, I had problem watching movies and  found something that helps, reset TV to factory settings, before that write down your region and backup programs to usb, then after restoring, set region and restore programs, new browser is gone, but every time you run browser it  asks for update and you have to press launch. I found it in a thread and also users suggested to watch movies for free in watchsomuch.tv which was a great site and is fully compatible with WebOS browser. If pay you can watch outstanding 4K qualities on LG OLED

•  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Josef
      I am recording videos to 
      link hidden, please login to view NAS. During the recording I like to watch the video (still recording).  The Photo and Video App on webOS does not show the file unless the recording has terminated. Is there a possibility to watch videos in webOS while it get recorded? Joseph

• By seb0071
      I have just bought an OLED 48C14LB, and have mostly got to grips with the OS, except for the programme recording function.
      I tested this by recording the news on BBC1,  via 'Programme Scheduler' whilst watching live tv on ITV3.  All worked ok with the recording  playing back from the 128GB stick in 'USB 1'.
      Having since tried to record something else in the same way, I get an on screen message saying that the recording is about to take place, and I click on 'OK'.
      When the recording starts, the tv station that I am watching switches to the station that I want to record from, and when I switch back, I get a message saying that the recording I have set up is not possible if I change channels.
      Any help wil be much appreciated.
    • By Jkw
      When I navigate to a website that streams  audio content, e.g. knkx.org, the audio stream is not played. Have tried several such sites and encountered the same lack of audio. All other audio is played normally. 

Is there a setting I must select? 
    • By GenericGeorge
      When I open my browser again after doing something else it used to open to the page I was on before. 
      Since the last few updates when I open the browser app it opens the session but it opens on pages before it as if the back button has been pressed a couple of times. 
      This makes watching movies on sites that don't have a TV app hard as when I want to resume the page it lands on 2-3 pages before the one I left it at. 
      This is one of the many things that broke since the last few updates. 
    • By Chalika
      Hi, I have a tv which purchased in Hong Kong, model is LG 65uf9500. But I have brought the TV to New Zealand and I cannot use lots of the features such as Netflix and Youtube, also lagging sometimes. Can I update the Firmware with New Zealand?