Quantcast

New Updated Web Browser Video Subtitles Disappears

alebabai

Question

After updating to the latest web browser with new UI, closed caption subtitles on ALL websites video including Youtube.com disappears every 2-3mins. Video continues to play without subs and subs will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
Model - OLED55B8PLA
WebOS - 4.3.0.9604
Software version - 05.30.10

Here is reddit post about this https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/npud6a/new_updated_web_browser_video_subtitles/

Update:

Fixed in the latest update.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

I have same issue, did lots of tests and found that this is some kind of screen saver in new browser, not only subtitles, but if you watch a video not in full screen, browser hides all html elements except the video after 2 minutes. I could not find any fix yet, and there is nowhere to disable screen saver for browser to fix this, I hope LG fixes this soon because I can not watch any movies anymore without subtitles.

I found something that helps, reset TV to factory settings, before that write down your region and backup programs to usb, then after restoring, set region and restore programs, new browser is gone, but every time you run browser it  asks for update and you have to press launch. I found it in a thread and also users suggested to watch movies for free in watchsomuch.tv which was a great site and is fully compatible with WebOS browser. If pay you can watch outstanding 4K qualities on LG OLED

•  

I have lg oled cx and after updating I am still having the same issue. Even worse unlike the browser update which could be easily downgraded web os update which can't be downgraded made this issue even worse. I m practically firced to use inferior new version of web os.