Quantcast

WiFi not working on Software Version 06.00.15

Question

Hi,

I got 2 LG smart TV's running Software Version 06.00.15 and after this update WiFi has stopped working and the WiFi in both TV's will only stay connected when I am in All settings-->Network-->Wi-Fi Connection and the TV's are also feeling really slow in the menu but the moment I plug in a ethernet cable and disable WiFi everything works and the menu is smooth so I believe there is something up with this software version.

I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, Laptop and some other devices on WiFi no issues at all.

The TV in the living room is a LG 49UJ701V the one in my bed room is a LG 55UK6100PLB.

Anyone got a suggestion I can try? I do not want to reset them because I do not want to calibrate them both again it's a pain.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, puma99dk said:

Hi,

I got 2 LG smart TV's running Software Version 06.00.15 and after this update WiFi has stopped working and the WiFi in both TV's will only stay connected when I am in All settings-->Network-->Wi-Fi Connection and the TV's are also feeling really slow in the menu but the moment I plug in a ethernet cable and disable WiFi everything works and the menu is smooth so I believe there is something up with this software version.

I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, Laptop and some other devices on WiFi no issues at all.

The TV in the living room is a LG 49UJ701V the one in my bed room is a LG 55UK6100PLB.

Anyone got a suggestion I can try? I do not want to reset them because I do not want to calibrate them both again it's a pain.

I have same problem. Is disconnect wifi every 20 minutes or so. Is a soft problem. I spoke with support. That repeating same corporate [email protected] that my router is bad etc. It started after last update. But I’m glad im not alone with this

Well mine only connects when I am in the Wi-Fi menu the moment I go out it disconnects.

I can do about 500/500Mbit on Wi-Fi testing with laptop and iPhone 12 Pro Max so it's not a week's issue.

4 minutes ago, murattkn3 said:

my TV LG 49uj651 got this update and there is no problem. Wifi works perfect too

ASUS_X00TD cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

What WiFi settings are you using?

I am running af Asus RT-AC88U with Merlin firmware at the moment and both my LG TV's acted the same way after this software update so I am curious to hear what channel and frequency is the most optical for LG smart tv's to use.

Because I cannot find that much information searching around the internet only that people do have problems but not a general solution on how to fix it without using a cable.

This goes for all software versions.

What WiFi settings are you using?
I am running af Asus RT-AC88U with Merlin firmware at the moment and both my LG TV's acted the same way after this software update so I am curious to hear what channel and frequency is the most optical for LG smart tv's to use.
Because I cannot find that much information searching around the internet only that people do have problems but not a general solution on how to fix it without using a cable.
This goes for all software versions.
Ddddddd5eb4ac3ecc2d0f715d8729ccc173bb42.jpg

ASUS_X00TD cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Thank @murattkn3

But this evening when using cable the Plex app on my LG 55UK6100PLB refused to connect works fine for Samsung smart tv, Apple, Android and Windows users.

What is really going on with this bad software???

I could read that downgrading the software to the previous version ain't easy.

I have spend like an hour resting the plex app, reinstalling it and so on still the same playback error and when I play the same contain that has worked before on this tv it runs fine so there is something fishy with this software.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:18 AM, puma99dk said:

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, did some basic stuff like updating date/time, turning off quick start, etc... worked for almost a week without issues, however into the same issue again and nothing is helping.

Any luck fixing?

On 6/3/2021 at 10:50 AM, Venkatraman Nagarajan said:

I am facing the same issue, did some basic stuff like updating date/time, turning off quick start, etc... worked for almost a week without issues, however into the same issue again and nothing is helping.

Any luck fixing?

Sadly no luck, and I am not reseting my router.

For my TV in the bedroom I have ran a ethernet cable and disable WiFi it's weird because it starts up faster and is faster to response on the first boot.

My TV in the living room works from time to time on WiFi but I am planning to do some changes to  soon moving around my Asus RT-AC88U router to another place and run one or 2 more cables from it.

I do also have a LG UBK90 blu-ray player region free blu-ray it also connects fine to WiFi together with my PS3 and PS4.