Quantcast

TUNING IN TO RADIO FOR FLOOD RELIEF

Last month, residents in New South Wales (NSW), Australia experienced one of the biggest flood disasters to hit the state in more than 50 years when persistent storms saw thousands of residents evacuate more than 18 communities. Days and nights of what seemed like never-ending rain resulted in widespread property damage and a growing number of residents stranded without their homes and personal belongings.

Flood-Relief-01-1.png

LG Electronics’ Australian office is truly passionate about helping its community in a time of need and that is why they teamed up with the country’s biggest radio show

link hidden, please login to view
, to support local families who lost everything in floodwaters within a matter of hours in NSW.

In a KIIS 1065 giveback segment, Kyle and Jackie O invited three unassuming families from NSW to sit down with them and share their flood experience first-hand with listeners in studio. After listening to their harrowing stories of loss, with tears in their eyes, the presenters surprised these families by announcing LG Electronics Australia would replace their damaged household appliances to help them get back on their feet as they rebuild their homes in the coming weeks and months. Products would include much needed home appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines and microwave ovens.

Flood-Relief-03.png

During the KIIS 1065 segment, Kyle and Jackie O told their listeners that LG Electronics Australia had committed to replacing damaged household appliances in 150 homes impacted by the floods, providing approximately AUD 230,000 in support packages to be distributed to flood affected families as a small gesture to help rebuild their homes. Listeners were asked to nominate families via the KIIS 1065 website detailing the stories of those most in need for new LG home appliance relief packages.

Flood-Relief-04-600x338.jpg

Alongside this relief initiative, LG Electronics Australia will re-launch its next month. The program rewards and celebrates everyday people, charity groups, and community organizations throughout Australia that go above and beyond to make everyone’s life that little bit better. Last year the program supported more than 30 families, with 24 LG Local Legends coming from a range of worthy causes. Here are some of their

Flood-Relief-05.png

Global events from the past year and historic local events of the present have shown Australians the power of community spirit when it comes to supporting those in need. LG Electronics in Australia is honored to have played a part in helping families affected most during these difficult times. Equally, the company looks forward to continuing to recognize local community legends for the duration of this year.

By LG Australia Staff

# # #

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Citron2010
      Hi,  I have an LG 43UN71006LB with OS v4.50.53 (latest)

I want to buy a TV for my mother who has dementia & poor eyesight.

She needs to be able to control the TV with Alexa - i.e. voice only without having to hold a button on a remote down.
      I thought I'd test this on my TV and it works very well.  I've even set "routines" on Alexa so that saying "Alexa, BBC 1" is a shortcut for "Alex, change the channel on LGTV to 101" etc.

But - it doesn't work for radio channels (channel 704 is BBC Radio 4):
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 101" - works perfectly (101 = BBC 1 - a TV channel)
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 705" - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

It basically won't work with any of the radio channels (700 to 790)
      Also tried:
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to BBC RADIO 4" - "hmm - I don't know that"
      "Alexa, play BBC Radio 4 on LGTV" - "I didn't find anything called LGTV that can play music"

I thought I'd try to change 704 to another channel outside of the 700 to 790 range but when I tried:
      "The programme number cannot be edited between programme 700 to 790"

I tried playing the Radio on the Alexa then using Sound Share to turn the TV into a Bluetooth speaker - this works really well - except that I can't turn Sound Share on using Alexa:

"Alexa, enable Sound Share on LGTV"  - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

Anyone have any ideas?  
    • By News Reporter
      In Addition to Donations and Supplies, Company to Operate Free
      Laundry Facilities and Temporary Service Centers to Help Those Affected

SEOUL, Feb. 28, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) and its South Korean labor union have joined forces to help provide humanitarian relief to people in Türkiye affected by the recent, devastating earthquakes.
      LG is currently operating free laundry facilities to help those displaced by the earthquakes to wash and dry their clothing. The company has installed approximately 120 washing machines and dyers in eight temporary housing locations around Türkiye, including the southern and southeastern provinces of Mersin and Taurus. LG’s service engineers will be on-site at the facilities to offer any necessary technical support.
      The company has also set up temporary service centers in quake-damaged areas in five different cities. Service vehicles are collecting broken home appliances, transporting them to the service centers for repair and delivering the repaired appliances back to their owners’ homes.
      LG has continuously gathered donated goods from its own executives and employees to distribute to Turkish citizens in need. Through the Executive Social Contribution Fund and with support from the Junior Board – a voluntary, representative body of company workers – LG will provide essential items, such as blankets, sleeping bags, clothes, cleaning products, masks and diapers, as well as relief goods, including generators and flashlights.
      Additionally, LG’s labor union will use its Union Social Responsibility (USR) Fund to help purchase items and materials necessary to rebuild infrastructure in the affected areas. Since 2010, LG’s labor union has been contributing to a range of socially and environmentally beneficial activities in South Korea and around the world, such as purchasing school uniforms for disadvantaged children, supporting Korean War veterans in Ethiopia and funding aid programs for Ukrainian refugees.
      Meanwhile, LG Corporation has donated USD 1 million to the Korean Red Cross to help the relief efforts in Türkiye and LG’s subsidiary in Türkiye has made a separate donation through Ahbap Association, a local non-profit organization.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Last year was a particularly harsh one for many families in Thailand, as severe floods devastated large areas of the northeast and central regions repeatedly over a prolonged four-month period. Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, a central Thailand province steeped in ancient history, was one territory that was hit particularly hard by this unprecedented catastrophe.
      To restore and preserve the city’s infrastructure, historical locations and private homes damaged by this unforgiving natural disaster, LG Thailand initiated a range of activities that took full advantage of the company’s expertise and kind-hearted employees as it extended a helping hand to those in need.

LG recruited a team of over 30 volunteers who worked diligently throughout the day to clear up as many of the smudges created by the flooding as possible and repaint buildings from schools to temples, returning their old, dilapidated walls to their former glory.

Fully understanding that flood-damaged electrical appliances, which are considered daily essentials, must be repaired as a matter of urgency within the affected communities, LG created a registration system where households could sign up to receive inspections and maintenance services as fast as possible. Thanks to this effort, people could bring their devices to a service center or request LG technicians pay a visit to their houses for repairs.

(From left to right) Mr. Prapan Treebubpha, deputy governor of Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya and Mr. Sunghun Jung, managing director of LG Electronics Thailand
      The company’s endeavor to care for locals continues to change lives with a donation of LG appliances and cash totaling over USD 10,600. “Through this and other activities, LG has joined hands with the local government to help accelerate the restoration of the province and improve the well-being of our inhabitants,” said Prapan Treebubpha, deputy governor of Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya.

(From left to right) Ms. Arpusara Songkavijit, senior marketing communication manager at LG Electronics Thailand, Dr. Petch Alisanant, assistant director of supporting services at King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital and Mr. Amnaj Singhachan, senior marketing manager at LG Electronics Thailand
      The flood relief project is yet another embodiment of LG’s long-held commitment to improving the overall quality of life and well-being of people across the world, as it strives to promote its Life’s Good vision. In July 2022, LG also donated electrical appliances worth over USD 11,500 to the Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society and Princess Mother’s Medical Volunteer (PMMV) Foundation to support the heroes working in Thailand’s medical sector, believing that this donation would benefit the healthcare and livelihoods of all Thai people in time.
      Keep following LG Newsroom to see how LG continues its efforts around the world to ensure that Life’s Good for all!
      Contributed by LG Thailand
      # # #

• By dong
      I am having problems receiving some satellite channels from Astra 19.2E on my LG TV UN71006LB. I reset the TV and used auto scan but the OS skips three of the five channels on one transpoder:
      BBC World News Europe HD
      NHK WORLD-JPN
      Al Jazeera English HD
      If I connect my 8yr old sat box to the same satellite cable, I can view these channels via HDMI so the problem is the TV which does, however, find and display around 100 channels, including several UHD channels. I deleted all the sat channels and tried manually tuning this one transponder:
      Frecuencia: 11229 MHz
      Polaridad: Vertical
      Tasa de símbolos: 22000 kS/s
      FEC: 2/3
      Estándar: DVB-S2
      Modulación: 8PSK
      The signal strength is 92% and quality 94% and according to Astra 1KR: 11229 V - LyngSat, there are 5 channels on this transpoder but the LG TV only finds the 2 pay channels, displaying “No CI module.”
      Does anyone know why WebOS cant find the three free HD channels?

• By Pekka
      Hello!
      Finnish YLE stations don´t work. They exist in station list, but  app says that there is no broadgasting. If I use IOS app, all YLE stations can be heard.
      Please, fix the problem!
      best regards, Pekka