Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
1. Either go back to a home bar or at least let the users decide what type they see, home bar (like in one in previous series) or home screen, so they can switch
2. Make home bar/screen user definable in regards of position of app listand sources list, so we don‘t have to scroll down every time we want to start an app.
3. Put an option to remove the annoying frames in the top part of the home screen.
4. Use the same size for app and source icons. Why are the app icons so small?
5. Make source icons renamable. My PS5 is connected to HDMI 4 and I cannot name the port „PS5“. This is one of the most essential things. The TV can also not recognize the PS5 as gaming console and I would have to do that manually, but since this part of external device control I wouldn‘t do that, because I don‘t want to control the PS5 via my TV, I just want to rename the icon.
6. Put an option „Always go directly into full settings menu“. The side list of icons that appears when pressing thr settings button is annoying. The symbols are partially totally unclear and I would have to go down to the one that opens all settings. Too many button presses.
7. With an app or TV or whatever running and when accessing the home screen, don‘t stop the stream and mute the audio, just put the picture as small PiP overlay on top of the home screen, including audio and continue playing until any app or source is switched.
8. Put an option to turn off auto-update for apps or at least let the user decide!
Always let the user decide. This UI is made for the users.
By Guy Madison
Where do I go about reporting issues with webOS? I contacted tech support but their best answer was unplug the TV and plug it back in, well that's not a real fix.
I worked on Mac OS X for 15 years in the kernel and client layers and I have found a number of issues with webOS along with reproducible restart conditions. Ideally I would like to make it a better OS as it affects me directly as a user... and I tend to own products for a long time.
I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago. I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available. Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase. So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting.
@ LG : if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs. webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them. Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.