Quantcast

HONORING THE TALENT OF THE OTHER MOZART

Other-Mozart-01.png

Although today’s women have made progress in gaining more freedoms and rights, there is still much room for improvement. In much of the developed world, women can work outside the home, vote in elections, decide if they want to have a family, even become president if they so choose. But the customs and standards of the 18th century prevented women from detaching themselves from the family and domestic functions that were imposed on them and from following their true dreams.

Other-Mozart-02.png

With Maria Anna Mozart, the older sister of the musician and composer Wolfgang Amadeus, it was no different. Since childhood, “Marianne” easily handled musical instruments and performed at concerts with her brother, where she gained prominence and was an inspiration for many. But as she grew older Maria Anna had to put her career aside to build a family, causing her great talent to be forgotten over time.

Other-Mozart-03.png

Aiming to amplify visibility around this important story of classical music, LG Electronics in Brazil brought Marianne’s work to the 21st century through technology. With access to 66 letters and 90 pages of the musician’s diary, the contents of her diary were transformed into musical notes, making it possible to hear what Anna wanted to express but was not able at that time.

Other-Mozart-04.png

A German interpreter was invited to record the reading of Marianne’s letters and diary. All texts found written in German were carefully analyzed so that the pronunciation tone became the song entitled Das Königreich Rücken, the imaginary kingdom between Marianne and Mozart.

Other-Mozart-05.png

The communication campaign was conducted by the agency Almap BBDO. The concept behind it was to honor the memory of Marianne and many other talent women who have been forgotten over time. It was a way for LG to celebrate the power of women on this International Women’s Day. Because of its originality, the campaign saw significant mentions in various media outlets covering marketing, lifestyle and technology.

A video of the musical composition is available on LG Brazil’s social network channels and on

link hidden, please login to view

By LG Brazil Staff

# # #

Photo Credits:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By James Simpson
      When will ITVX be available? Why isn't it available already? Is this another item that LG doesn't mention in its documentation (isn't that false advertising)?
      Why aren't VPNs (or at least one) available? That's definitely false advertising. How is an ex-pat supposed to use an LG (stupid) TV? Can I have my purchase price back so that I can buy a real smart TV?
      Why can't I download any app I want? 
    • By James Simpson
      Thank you for your response and your attempts to help me. I'm glad to read you're not LG, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, certainly not working in the "stupid TV" division. I have worked my entire working life in the software sector, including senior management and therefore including the commercial and legal sides of the sector. 
      The ITVx app is not in the LG Content Store which I have access to. Are there multiple Content Stores or is access to the Content Store not standard for all users? How can that be? Does LG just let any software into its Content Store? Untried, untested, no acceptance testing? Where has LG learned such business practices? How has it survived so long? The Content Store carries the LG name, so therefore LG carries responsibility for it. LG should act responsibly. I got ITVx by calling up the ITVHUB, which asked me if I wanted to update. After a positive reply, ITVx was downloaded. What on earth is that? I have looked in ITVx but not watched any programmes yet. 
      No, "smart" means that there is a processor and storage, which can have an Internet connection. LG provides its so-called "operating system", which in my opinion has bugs in it - does LG pay the software houses to convert their software app to webOS? If not, how does that work? Do other smart TV manufacturers do that? How can a business run when suppliers determine what the product can do? As I get farther into this, the more I regret paying out so much money for such junk and dubious manufacturing procedures. Luckily the picture, sound and size of screen are good. 
      I wasn't aware that no smart TV has every app. What a way to run an industry!
       There are many aspects to VPNs, not just getting round georestrictions on TV and streaming services. If you think VPNs are “a legal grey area” (which they’re not, imo), what do you think of IPTV, KODI? LG does not offer even one VPN but I cannot count how many IPTV viewers it offers in its Content Store. Are you saying that LG with its lack of VPNs is trying to influence what I watch on its TV? Or what I store in its fridge or freezer? I don’t live in Russia, Iran or North Korea – as long as I pay for my TV I can watch on it what I want, especially when it’s not illegal to watch it. Where does it say that in LG’s advertising and product description? Perhaps broadcasters and streaming services should pay the participants in their products proper fees which reflect 21st century broadcasting norms. I note that you use a VPN – is your solution not “a legal grey area”? Legal grey areas need to be updated for the 21st century. 
      I’m trying to make the best of my TV too. I don’t care about ITVx, it is the principles I care about. LG duped me into buying one of their products, which does not do what its advertising states either implicitly or explicitly. I think I’ll complain about it to one of the EU’s watchdogs.  

• By Shwuck
      I recently set up a new C1 and when I am running Apps like Prime video or Netflix, the damn channels app keeps turning itself on and interrupting what I’m watching. Any recommended fixes????
    • By News Reporter
      Between bushfires, floods, a global pandemic and a worsening cost of living crisis, Australian communities have endured so much over the past few years. But having to overcome such unprecedented challenges has made Aussies more resilient and more appreciative of what they may have taken for granted. That is, when we band together for the common good, we can withstand every challenge life throws at us.

To uphold this community spirit, LG Australia partnered with
      link hidden, please login to view last December to support their incredible work in helping families rediscover the good in life, even in the toughest of times. With LG donating more than AUD 260,000 in home appliances, entertainment products and air-conditioning systems, RMHC has been able to refurbish its houses across Australia, which provide a home-away-from-home for more than 10,000 families traveling long distances for the treatment of their seriously ill or injured children.
      In March, LG Australia launched the #LGGoldenHearts campaign to celebrate RMHC’s many kind-hearted volunteers. Following National Volunteer Week, which runs from May 16 to 22, the #LGGoldenHearts campaign recognized the selfless contributions of 11 RMHC volunteers who dedicate their precious time to the charity and the families by rewarding them with a LG prize package.
      With more than 120 volunteers nominated, this initiative successfully put the spotlight on some of the charity’s unsung heroes and the positive impact they leave on families facing unimaginable challenges. Every single nominee had their own unique and inspiring story – like stepping in to fill last-minute shifts even during Christmas and becoming a volunteer to repay the kindness they received from RMHC when their family needed a helping hand.

LG Australia also worked with Sydney Dance Company to donate eight-week memberships to online dance classes in line with RMHC’s – an inclusive 7-day challenge held every May to support sick children and their families and bring together a community of people who want to make a difference. The membership was donated to each RMHC Chapter nationally, which allowed hundreds of people staying at RMHC locations to enjoy fun and entertaining moments together.

The #LGGoldenHearts initiative is part of the broader CSR program held by LG Australia, which includes campaigns like – now in its third year of calling on Australians across the country to nominate their community’s heroes. The campaign demonstrated LG Australia’s commitment to fostering meaningful relationships with like-minded, purpose-driven organizations while encouraging Australians to recognize the good in everything around us.
      Learn more about LG Australia’s partnership with RMHC .
      Contributed by LG Australia
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Advancing Business Portfolio with Greater Focus on Digital Transformation   

SEOUL, Nov. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced that William Cho, its Chief Strategy Officer, will also take on the responsibility of Chief Executive Officer effective December 1. LG’s top strategist since 2019, Mr. Cho was responsible for establishing LG’s Business Incubation Center and fostering new businesses opportunities in the form of in-house ventures as well as startup partners during his six-year tenure as president of LG North America.
      Having joined Goldstar in 1987 and spending four years in LG’s overseas office in Germany, Mr. Cho has a storied career including roles as president of LG Canada, Australia and the United States. A graduate of Pusan University, Mr. Cho received his master’s degree in business from Yonsei University in Seoul.
      Other notable changes include the appointment of Kim Byoung-hoon as Chief Technology Officer. Currently serving as the head of the Future Technology Center, Dr. Kim is being promoted to executive vice president and will simultaneously assume the roles of Chief Technology Officer as well as the new Information and Communication Technology leadership position.
      Jang Ik-hwan, a 31-year veteran of LG, is being promoted from SVP to EVP and will assume the top position at the Business Solutions Company after successfully growing the IT business portfolio to make LG one of the fastest-growing brands in the notebook, laptop and monitor business. SVP Eun Seok-hyun has been tapped to lead the Vehicle component Solutions Company as its third and newest president. Mr. Eun was previously responsible for growing the smart business division under the same company.
      Going forward, the new leadership team will accelerate changes focusing even more on customer value in pursuit of growth with each business unit assuming greater responsibility. Toward this end, LG will reorganize its Customer Satisfaction Management Center into the new Customer Value Innovation Office with oversight by the CSO. The role of the CVIO will be to more effectively identify and incorporate customer feedback and pain points into the product planning, development and sales processes. In addition, the Customer Experience Innovation Department under the Home Appliances and Home Entertainment Companies will be upgraded to Customer Experience Innovation Division.
      Also, to discover potential growth engines and expedite future innovations, the M&A department under the umbrella of the Chief Strategy Office will be elevated to division level for more resources. Similarly, to increase its focus on future trends and customer needs, LG’s Life Soft Research (LSR) department will be promoted to Life Soft Research Lab to increase its influence within the Design Management Center. And to speed up its digital transformation process related to customer experience, LG will elevate the AI Big Data department to division level under the watchful eye of the new Chief Data Office (CDO).
      All appointments are effective Dec. 1 with promotions going into effect on the first day of the new year.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view