Quantcast

The Power of Giving: Honoring the Golden-Hearted Volunteers

News Reporter

RMHC-01-scaled.jpg

Between bushfires, floods, a global pandemic and a worsening cost of living crisis, Australian communities have endured so much over the past few years. But having to overcome such unprecedented challenges has made Aussies more resilient and more appreciative of what they may have taken for granted. That is, when we band together for the common good, we can withstand every challenge life throws at us.

RMHC-02.jpg

To uphold this community spirit, LG Australia partnered with

link hidden, please login to view
last December to support their incredible work in helping families rediscover the good in life, even in the toughest of times. With LG donating more than AUD 260,000 in home appliances, entertainment products and air-conditioning systems, RMHC has been able to refurbish its houses across Australia, which provide a home-away-from-home for more than 10,000 families traveling long distances for the treatment of their seriously ill or injured children.

RMHC-03.jpg

In March, LG Australia launched the #LGGoldenHearts campaign to celebrate RMHC’s many kind-hearted volunteers. Following National Volunteer Week, which runs from May 16 to 22, the #LGGoldenHearts campaign recognized the selfless contributions of 11 RMHC volunteers who dedicate their precious time to the charity and the families by rewarding them with a LG prize package.

With more than 120 volunteers nominated, this initiative successfully put the spotlight on some of the charity’s unsung heroes and the positive impact they leave on families facing unimaginable challenges. Every single nominee had their own unique and inspiring story – like stepping in to fill last-minute shifts even during Christmas and becoming a volunteer to repay the kindness they received from RMHC when their family needed a helping hand.

RMHC-04.jpg

LG Australia also worked with Sydney Dance Company to donate eight-week memberships to online dance classes in line with RMHC’s – an inclusive 7-day challenge held every May to support sick children and their families and bring together a community of people who want to make a difference. The membership was donated to each RMHC Chapter nationally, which allowed hundreds of people staying at RMHC locations to enjoy fun and entertaining moments together.

RMHC-05-scaled.jpg

The #LGGoldenHearts initiative is part of the broader CSR program held by LG Australia, which includes campaigns like – now in its third year of calling on Australians across the country to nominate their community’s heroes. The campaign demonstrated LG Australia’s commitment to fostering meaningful relationships with like-minded, purpose-driven organizations while encouraging Australians to recognize the good in everything around us.

Learn more about LG Australia’s partnership with RMHC .

Contributed by LG Australia

# # #

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rayden79
      I'm having this problem with LG Oled 65c16LA with WebOs Version 03.40.85
      When I turn off the TV, it goes into standby mode.
      After 2 minutes the red standby LED turns off and it is no longer possible to turn the TV back on with the remote or with the power on button.
      It is then necessary to unplug the power supply, wait a few minutes and reconnect it.
      So the TV goes back to standby and you can turn it on again. In use everything works.
      Is it a software problem? How can I solve it?
      Thank you
    • By nester
      Hi,
      it would be great if there was some kind of “percentage” slider or just adjusted power saving settings. Right now, there is too much difference between maximum and medium power saving mode - maximum is too dark and medium is too bright, with no way to be set between. Also difference between two brightest is not so much big.
      Second idea is to bring this setting somewhere closer (higher) in options. In my opinion, it might be the often changed setting by users. I use to change it regularly, especially between day and night. 

• By YuvalW
      Hi,
      M y TV (SK8000) started to play a short melody whenever I turn it on/off, I can't find anything in the settings that controls it, any idea how I disable it?
      It seems to start after I connected an Onkyo receiver to the TV via the HDMI ARC port, but I am not sure.
      I also entered to the IN_START and EZ_ADJUST menus but didn't change anything...
      Any ideas?
      Thx.
    • By Don Hopper
      How do I make the tv go to the Home screen when I power it up? Currently its going to hdmi 3 and says there is no signal. I do not use any ports on the tv. I am using the apps  
      Its a 86UQ8000AUB
    • By News Reporter
      Trees are vital. There is no denying how trillions of trees around the world are central to all life on Earth. Not only do Mother Nature’s skyscrapers provide clean, fresh air and cozy habitats to thousands of living species, but they also help us combat climate change and preserve biodiversity for many decades to come.

In ensuring that this legacy can be passed onto future generations, LG Indonesia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta to celebrate their 32 years of operation in Indonesia. For this purpose, the company pledged to plant 32,000 trees across Jakarta, Kalimantan and Sumatra by April 2023.
      Jay Jang, director of marketing and relations at LG Electronics Indonesia,
      shaking hands with Abdul Kodir, head of the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta
      This initiative sheds light on LG’s commitment to environmental sustainability in Indonesia in the same fashion as the company’s eco-friendly solutions, products and technologies, including their energy-saving inverter technology, which helps customers achieve a more eco-conscious lifestyle by improving energy efficiency. Incorporated into a wide range of household appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines and air conditioners, this cutting-edge inverter provides users with peace of mind as they are able to easily manage their ecological footprints.

However, LG’s efforts toward environmental sustainability extend well beyond the tree-planting initiative. The company’s technological interventions also complement its commitment to reach carbon neutrality by 2030, through the minimization of carbon emissions and footprints across the overall process, from production to disposal.

LG is endlessly passionate about raising global awareness of environmental sustainability, not only through its technological innovation and world-leading products but also by implementing various environmental interventions designed in order to make life better for people of all backgrounds and localities.

Contributed by LG Indonesia
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view