Quantcast

HBOMAX won’t mirror picture

Question

I set up airplay on our LG smart TV and it works just fine for most things. However, when I try to mirror something from HBO max from the iPad, I get sound on the LG TV but no picture. It’s the same for anything I try to mirror from HBO max, not just a particular show. This is the first time I’ve run across this. Most services mirror just fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@Gshep1 This may be a copyright (DRM) thing within the HBO App, to stop users "pirating" by streaming to a copying device. I know you only want to "mirror", but maybe HBO have found clever users abusing that function, so have had to block it. If most Airplay or Airplay2 functions are working, then it sounds like you are NOT suffering from the "broadcast discovery" TCP packets issue, where some routers do NOT pass these between LAN connected devices and WiFi connected devices. If your TV is ALREADY on the same WiFi band as the iPAD (i.e. both on the 2.4GHz band, or boeth on the 5GHz band), then it is almost certainly the DRM blocking that is causing the issue. If the TV is on a LAN connected Internet cable, try disconnecting the cable, and enable the WiFi, try it on the same WiFi SSID as the iPAD. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.