Quantcast

HBO Max APP availability in US

I've been waiting for the HBO app to appear on the list for a while now.  I figured it was a licensing issue and would clear once ROKU and Fire were resolved.  When that was done.  Then I Youtube searched and found a video that had the HBO Max app available outside the US 

link hidden, please login to view
.  Any thoughts how to get HBO Max in the US or to communicate directly with WEBOS?  Thanks to all in advance.

S  

• Like 1

I am on my third LG big screen since 2017...all excellent, especially the new 77" OLED-CX.  NONE allow the HBO MAX app (nor HBO GO, etc. previously).  So, I purchased a 4K Dolby Vision Firestick (for HBO GO in January 2019). Worked well. Then, HBO says, "No GO, only MAX."  Firestick says, "No GO for MAX." WTF? After chatting with HBO customer service for nearly an hour, we realize there are "corporate complications." With MAX struggling to launch, Firestick was allowed to keep GO going until they could handle MAX. In the meantime, I still wanted MAX and all the extras for the same price as GO. So, I choked hard and purchased an AppleTV 4K 8GB Dolby Vision unit. I hate Apple, but, I have got to admit, it is sweeter and smoother than the Firestick, with a much more elegant interface. Both units want to sell you shit, but you can mentally filter that out.  I watch on the AppleTV (you get the AppleTV+ streaming service free for a year...Ted Lasso is FUN! - other good shows, too). Of course, six months after buying the Apple, Amazon worked out things with HBO/Warner and now the Firestick accommodates the MAX app. I still prefer the Apple experience (and I wish I didn't).

Note: I have ALL the streaming services and HBO is still the king of the premium TV series. However, all those great legacy shows (available both a cable subscription (ick) and from MAX (GO had 'em, too) are in HD - 5.1 ONLY. Fine looking and sounding, but old news. With HBO MAX, they are taking it to the MAX - new movies and shows are in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Compressed, yes, but it shan't be too long before we get uncompressed streams (maybe at a higher price). If you have a system like mine (13 discreet audio channels/amps/speakers), properly placed and set-up...with uncompressed DV & DA, no current movie theatre competes, as they have to entertain hundreds of guests, compromising their systems. I have seen hundreds of films on a real IMAX (Irvine/LA) and full-blown Dolby Theatre (best all-around - IMAX* has harsh, Klipsch-like horns, poorly placed.). They just can't compete with an OLED Big Screen and high-end home audio.

Thus, if you really want HBO MAX (and you won't regret it), and you can afford the AppleTV, get it. Else, wait until the next Prime Day (if you have Amazon Prime), and get the 4K DV Firestick on the cheap.

*Visually, films shot in IMAX 70 mm on IMAX cameras (especially 3D like Polar Express), are second to none (Nolan had his own techs set-up and run Dunkirk on the Irvine, CA IMAX - OMG!)

• 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By infiniter
      1. Either go back to a home bar or at least let the users decide what type they see, home bar (like in one in previous series) or home screen, so they can switch
      2. Make home bar/screen user definable in regards of position of app listand sources list, so we don‘t have to scroll down every time we want to start an app.
      3. Put an option to remove the annoying frames in the top part of the home screen.
      4. Use the same size for app and source icons. Why are the app icons so small?
      5. Make source icons renamable. My PS5 is connected to HDMI 4 and I cannot name the port „PS5“. This is one of the most essential things. The TV can also not recognize the PS5 as gaming  console and I would have to do that manually, but since this part of external device control I wouldn‘t do that, because I don‘t want to control the PS5 via my TV, I just want to rename the icon. 
      6. Put an option „Always go directly into full settings menu“. The side list of icons that appears when pressing thr settings button is annoying. The symbols are partially totally unclear and I would have to go down to the one that opens all settings. Too many button presses.
      7. With an app or TV or whatever running and when accessing the home screen, don‘t stop the stream and mute the audio, just put the picture as small PiP overlay on top of the home screen, including audio and continue playing until any app or source is switched.
      8. Put an option to turn off auto-update for apps or at least let the user decide!
      Always let the user decide. This UI is made for the users.
    • By turtuv
      hi guys, I have an LG CX65 bought a month ago. it's already happened two times that while I was watching a normal TV channel the fireworks screensaver kicked in. After the first time I did a reset of the TV, but it happened again today. Someone has experienced this issue? If could be useful to know, I have an Xbox series x, a ps5 and a soundbar connected respectively to HDMI port 1, 2 and 3 and the consoles always stays in sleep mode. they works great, no problem at all, and the hdmi cables are brand new.
      the first time the fireworks kicked in while a was watching a news Channel i has only the soundbar and PS4 connected tho.
      I hope you can help me out

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

• By News Reporter
      Becoming more sustainable means a commitment to using fewer resources, creating less waste, and doing everything possible to ensure a healthy planet for future generations. LG Electronics embraces this challenge and continues to take steps to reduce its environmental impact through an extensive program of ESG management. Along with its ambitious Zero Carbon 2030 initiative and goal to transition completely to renewable energy by 2050, LG offers innovative solutions that can help consumers to live more in balance with nature today.

LG recently had an opportunity to demonstrate its eco-conscious exhibit for its state-of-the art HVAC solutions at Korea Energy Show 2021, South Korea’s largest annual energy exhibition. Instead of wasting new resources on a temporary exhibit, LG used prefabricated shipping containers and adopted recycled materials such as wood waste to create a unique, visually interesting space.

Exhibiting a complete range of highly efficient LG HVAC solutions suitable for homes, offices, schools as well as other indoor environments, the highlight of the exhibit was a new commercial air conditioner made more efficient via an AI engine.

LG’s latest HVAC solutions leverage smart technologies to help create better indoor air quality while simultaneously cutting energy consumption. LG’s ceiling-mounted 1 Way Cassette with comprehensive air purification system cleans, cools and heats the air to keep the home comfortable all year around.

Other LG innovations on exhibit at the show included the LG Energy Storage System (ESS) and Building Energy Control (BECON), a powerful duo that together create a total energy management solution for businesses. Also on display was the LG 4-Way DUAL Vane Cassette which employs UVnano technology and an antibacterial drain pan to enhance the hygiene of the unit and the airflow produced.1
      LG showcased its first GHP Hybrid Heat Pump system air conditioner, a cost-effective option for educational and governmental facilities. LG’s hybrid solution combines the advantages of electric- and gas-powered climate control systems to deliver superb performance while reducing the cost of cooling and heating.2

To further minimizing its footprint, LG moved to using recycled materials for the packaging of the outdoor units of its system air conditioners. Instead of using expanded polystyrene in its packaging, LG opted for expanded polypropylene as it offers improved cushioning and protection for its products. LG estimates that switching to reusable expanded polypropylene for all its AC packaging will cut its annual paper usage by 85 tons and polystyrene usage by 19 tons.

After the conclusion of Korea Energy Show 2021, LG donated the exhibition containers to Habitat Korea, the South Korean branch of the global nonprofit Habitat for Humanity. The repurposed containers will be utilized by the organization as a dedicated education center.
      As LG’s efficient, eco-responsible HVAC solutions demonstrate, creating a healthy, comfortable indoor environment doesn’t have to come at the expense of sustainability. With innovations that carefully consider the needs of its customers and the well-being of the planet, LG is helping to bring about a
      # # #
      1 Testing conducted by FITI Testing and Research Institute verified the LG DUAL Vane Cassette resulted in the reduction of 99 percent of Staphylococcus bacteria and colon bacillus.
      2 Based on cooling/heating load of 52HP (GHP 32HP and Multi V 20HP) and the proper energy source (electricity or gas), the LG GHP Hybrid Heat Pump can save up to 28 percent of the energy cost (electricity and gas combined) compared to the energy cost of using Multi V alone. Operation cost may vary depending on load conditions, climate and other environmental factors.

• By News Reporter
      Love it or hate it, video conferencing has become essential to the way we work today. But despite the advanced technology available to the office worker in the 21st century, the experience still leaves much to be desired. For every “salary person” fed up with spotty connections, terrible audio and out-of-focus webcams, there’s an easier, more productive way to conduct video calls and meetings.

Introducing LG One:Quick Works, a powerful all-in-one video conferencing solution with an intuitive user-friendly design for everyone who hates video conferencing. The ideal productivity tool for remote work era, LG’s category-creating innovation brings greater efficiency and sleek, modern styling to businesses of all types and sizes. With One:Quick Works and the complementary wireless screen sharing device One:Quick Share, workplace productivity and efficiency may never be the same again.

Fast and Simple Setup with Ultimate All-in-one Solution
      Connectivity issues are the enemy of smooth conference calls. The complex and often time-consuming task of connecting cameras, speakers, laptops and projectors can easily derail your meeting schedule or make an important presentation fall flat. One:Quick Works avoids all such issues by integrating everything needed into a single, stylish package: touch-sensitive display, Windows-based interface, crisp 4K UHD camera, high-quality microphone, built-in speakers, digital whiteboard function and video conferencing apps. Just tap the icon of the function you want and you’re ready to host your next virtual meeting in style.

Feel Like You’re in the Same Room with Smart Auto Focus Function
      The meeting experience is on a whole new level with One:Quick Works due in no small part to the impressive performance of its camera and microphone. The high-gain mic can clearly capture the voice of a presenter seated or standing up to six meters away and employs noise cancellation to minimize most unwanted background sounds. With Smart Auto Focus, the 3,840 x 2,160 resolution camera quickly tracks and automatically focuses on the speaker. Virtual meetings take on a whole new level of satisfaction when everyone knows who’s talking and what’s being said.

Compatible with Popular Video Conferencing Apps for More Flexibility
      One:Quick Works supports a variety of video conferencing and collaboration apps to give users more ways to make the most of their meetings. Meeting participants can use LG’s preinstalled One:Quick Remote Meeting application or install Webex, Zoom and Teams using the shortcuts conveniently located on the onscreen launcher. For apps not on the launcher screen, meeting hosts can simply go into the Conference App Store to find and install the video conferencing application of their choice.

Wireless Screen Sharing at the Push of a Button
      The complementary One:Quick Share allows presenters to easily connect their laptops and notebooks to compatible LG digital signage devices wirelessly. With its internal Wi-Fi antenna, the diminutive dongle offers effortless screen sharing and the makes the workspace free of cable clutter. With its Split View feature, One:Quick Share can connect to and display content from up to four devices simultaneously, making it the best choice for teamworking while remote conferencing.

To experience video conferencing the way it was meant to be, check out the LG Information Display channel and today. And because LG doesn’t think remote conferencing needs to be dull, these lighthearted, informative videos will not only endear you to the One:Quick series, they’ll hopefully leave you wanting LG’s remote meeting solution for your own workplace.
      (Images simulated to enhance features. May differ from actual use.)
      # # #
      [One:Quick Works]
      [One:Quick Share]