Quantcast

Moved country - app availability

freaknout

Question

Hi all

Sorry if this post is a double up, my previous question appears lost!

We have a LGB7v bought in the UK but we've moved to New Zealand. Is there a way for me to get access to NZ based apps? I've tried to change the "Location" but there's no Asia or Oceania option. I selected "Other" and all it did remove BBC iPlayer and UK apps from viewing but I also (annoyingly) had to review and change the display settings for each source again. Regardless, it doesn't seem to have helped me anyway.

Is there a way I get NZ apps and ensure my TV remains up to date with the correct firmware, etc.

Many thanks

Jay

2 answers to this question

Hi Jay

I did the same move a few years ago, luckily I happened to speak to LG in the Uk who told me a UK/EU TV won't work in NEW ZEALAND - unless it's connected to a sky box or something like that - the core function parts (app store, channels etc) simply don't work.  I latterly also discovered the same thing when moving from Australia to NEW ZEALAND - so there is a theme here.  Basically I think LG are delivering a very budget service for NEW ZEALAND consumers - the firmware updates do not include functionality improvements offered/made available in other countries (ie, Alexa)....  

My decision is my next TV will not be an LG, they simply don't support updates for long enough to make them worthwhile.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying Michael.

Just to let you know I can get the free to air digital channels on the LG no problem. I am also getting the firmware updates but perhaps not all features(?). I imagine they would serve the same FW worldwide and limit access via geography somehow.

Access to NZ specific apps is really the only problem I have had. Everything else seems to work fine and the picture is outstanding.

All the best.

Jason