Quantcast

[pivotCE]LuneOS project still progressing

It’s been quite a while since our last release and we’ve been keeping quiet lately. Some of the team members have also enjoyed some well deserved time off in the meanwhile as well. The majority of what we’ve been working on hasn’t been and isn’t ready for public consumption.

But quite a lot of things have happened in the past couple of months.

Here’s what we’ve been working on since the previous release:
-Updated various underlying OS bits: IM plugins such as SkypeWeb, YahooPlusPlus.
-Update from BlueZ4 to BlueZ5. This one is a major upgrade that requires all our targets to have major rework on low level code and this has been taking a long time but is now complete for the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. This also required us to rework our Settings App plugin for BlueTooth. Since we were never really happy with the plugins and their negative impact on the performance combined with the still uncertain future of the Enyo framework, we decided to start rewriting the Settings app in QML. This will also bring back the individual Settings icons back to the launcher, like they were available on legacy webOS 2.x and 3.x.
-Added various bits and initial work for VPN plugin support for ConnMan.
-Cleanup various configuration files.
-Changed the default wallpaper to a nice new high quality LuneOS one! Thanks to Hans Kokx (aka HaDAk for the great photos!)
-Various minor tweaks to configuration.

We’ve been working on some new porting targets as well. Seeing that Halium is now available for a large number of target devices (50+ at the time of writing), users/developers have come along wanting to try LuneOS on their Halium supported device too so we’re trying to assist those in getting LuneOS working. This is still a lot of work in progress, but results look promising in general. This also would mean we will support Android 7.1.x based devices and Aarch64 bits architecture (ARM 64 bits chipsets).

New targets we are currently developing for are: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x (mido), OnePlus X (onyx), Google/Huawei Nexus 6P (angler) and Motorola G4 (athene). These are in various stages of development currently.

We’ve also been assisting the on their build system and targets with great success so far! There are still bits to be added and polished but it’s already a great start to see how far they have been able to come in such short time!

We’re also looking into integrating more with  , allowing more and easier ports of the LuneOS!

We plan to be back with a new release in due course, in the meanwhile you can always check our !

The post first appeared on .

Related posts:

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Over the past 16 months, the pandemic has resulted in the cancellation of live events and the closure of museums, galleries and other cultural institutions all over the world. With the absence of ticket sales and admission fees, corporate sponsorships have been the lifeline for many arts-related organizations. With social distancing still ongoing in the UK, and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (RPO) entered into a partnership as the RPO prepares to celebrate its 75th anniversary in September.

As international corporate partner, LG SIGNATURE will offer exclusive RPO digital content to its customers, including the livestream of a concert featuring performances by celebrated cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason and bass-baritone, Sir Bryn Terfel Jones, CBE. The RPO’s new music director, the acclaimed conductor Vasily Petrenko, will take on the role of LG SIGNATURE’s brand ambassador. RPO and LG SIGNATURE fans alike can expect to experience a bold and adventurous partnership as the relationship gets underway.

Through the partnership, LG SIGNATURE will support the RPO’s social programs in the UK aimed at creating stronger, more inclusive communities through the arts. LG SIGNATURE and the RPO share a common belief that the arts have a profound ability to uplift and help people and cultures come together in both good times and bad. The two also share the goal of improving people’s lives through their respective creative efforts.

Since its launch in 2016, LG SIGNATURE has been a patron of the arts partnering with and supporting established cultural institutions such as the .

LG SIGNATURE recognizes and appreciates the contribution of the arts and the role it plays in encouraging the hopes and dreams of artists everywhere. Supporting the work of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra allows LG to contribute in its own small way to making life better for everyone the organization touches.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By DaveM
      Following a recent update my TV keeps powering off (going into standby) and then takes several minutes to turn back on.
      I've been through all the troubleshooting steps including a full reset, unplugging all cables etc.
      I ordinarily have 3 devices connected to the TV - a Sony Amp (sky, pc, firestick), a nintendo switch and a PS5. The latter two using eARC for audio.   It has been set up this way since January with no changes or any issues at all.
      Recently a software update was pushed out and the issue first started within minutes afterwards and has since it has been a nightmare.  The TV will often go into standby after a few minutes use and will not turn back on.  Even properly pulling the power makes no difference.  The device will go to turn on and then click back into standby with the red light lit.  There has since been another update which I thought may be a fix for the issue but wasn't.
      I did find that pulling all the HDMI cables and turning it back on seemed to help it turn on but recently that hasn't been helping either.  The only "fix" is to wait about ten minutes where it will then usually turn on. IF the device stays on for more than 10 minutes it largely seems to then stay on without issue.
      I have tried doing various things like disabling CEC control incase something was sending a bad HDMI signal but that hasn't helped and obviously causes issues for the eARC devices.  
      Any ideas of anything to try, whether itmight be a s/w issue or is just a hardware failure? Thanks 
    • By Lorenz2
      Hi,
      Is there an app or a way to enhanced safety mode that I can prevent children from using TV after midnight?
      Thanks for help.
    • By jikhead
      I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.