Quantcast

[pivotCE]TCL’s Palm phone will run android…duh

pivotCE

Palm_logo_2005.png?resize=480%2C480

Android Police broke the story earlier today that

link hidden, please login to view
sometime in the 2nd quarter this year.  And surprise…it runs Android.

Sadly that’s all we know for now.

It’s taken TCL a long time to do anything with the Palm brand.  We first talked about it . It started as an unveil of sorts at CES in 2015 when they had purchased the Palm brand and they’d be crowd-sourcing from “Palm’s very own community” what to do with it.  No idea what they meant by that… They even launched a website placeholder that directed palm.com to mynewpalm.com. Both of which are no longer doing anything. But trust me when I say I’ll be hammering the refresh button for the near future on palm.com.

Fun fact:  This topic was also the written on the now silent webOSNation.com to give you a reference for how long it took TCL to do something!

At any rate, I’m glad the wheels are turning and I’ll hold judgement until I see what they release though the carrier exclusivity announcement makes my eye twitch. But I agree with Mr. Bohn.

The fact that TCL is partnering with Verizon to make the new Palm-branded phone is too much.

Literally the carrier that put the dagger in the heart of webOS by pulling support is going to get a nostalgia bait money grab device likely filled with bloat

— Dieter Bohn (@backlon)

Even former Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein knew and the remnants of Palm. “I think the deal we had with Verizon really hurt us, but who knew that at the time? These things are all hindsight.

TCL can use hindsight for historical evidence though. Hopefully they’re crunching the numbers…

#PalmForever

The post first appeared on .

Related posts:

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Similar Topics

• By Ajay Lele
      I shifted to India from UAE with my 55SM9000PVA LG TV. Since it is a TV for the middle east, I can not change the region to India. Therefore I can not log in to my LG account and have apps from the LG content store of India. Ok, so I thought I should be able to use my account in UAE and use the apps which I used in UAE. Now these apps say the IP address is not from the region, so can't run those apps. So I am stuck up with an expensive smart TV without smartness. No service center, neither LG India have any answers to it. I hate using set top boxes please help. 
    • By Martindup
      When I open the DSTV Now app on my lg tv I get the error “We’re sorry Something went wrong. Please try again.” 
      I have re installed the app, checked for firmware updates and even reset TV but the error keeps on appearing. 
      Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it a tv issue or is it the app which is faulty?

• By News Reporter
      Equipped With the Company’s Powerful Filtration Systems, LG CordZero Vacuum
      Cleaners Meet the Highest Grade for Indoor Air Quality and Safety

SEOUL, Nov. 16, 2022 — LG Electronics’ (LG) CordZeroTM vacuum lineup products have received Gold certification from UL Solutions1, a global leader in applied safety science. The products, including the LG CordZeroThinQ A9 Kompressor and CordZero A9 stick vacuums, CordZero R9 robot vacuum and the All-in-One Tower, are the first in the vacuum cleaner category to have earned UL’s certification, confirming the effectiveness of reducing the risk of chemical and particle emissions requirements.
      Committed to making the home a healthier and safer place, LG offers a number of Gold-certified solutions for a better life, including residential air conditioner models and the LG DUAL Vane system air conditioner. The latest LG air solution products to have met UL’s strictest standards for volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, CordZero vacuums provide excellent cleaning performance without negatively impacting air quality in the home. Leveraging LG’s comprehensive filtration system, CordZero vacuums effectively remove dust from the indoor environment and, just as importantly, prevent it from reentering.
      VOC emissions can cause a variety of health complications and can be particularly harmful to young children and the elderly. Gold is the highest grade achievable in UL’s certification program, confirming that a product generates low VOC emissions2, making indoor spaces safer and more comfortable for everyone.
      Serving as a docking station for LG CordZero stick vacuums, the innovative All-in-One Tower features an antibacterial dust bag, a removable and washable motor protection filters and a highly efficient automated dustbin-emptying system that prevents fine dust particles from escaping. Space-saving and easy to use, the All-in-One Tower also provides quick charging and hassle-free storage for vacuum accessories.
      “As part of our goal to create a ‘Better Life for All,’ we are expanding our efforts to provide products that are better for consumers and the environment,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “LG will continue to offer differentiated customer experiences through state-of-the-art home appliances designed with the health of people and the planet in mind.”
      # # #
      1 The certification indicates UL 2819 – 2013 Gold Standard for Chemical and Particle Emissions for Electronic Equipment (UL GREENGUARD Gold Certification), certifying products tested in accordance with UL 2823 test method.
      2 In its “Total Exposure Assessment Methodology (TEAM) Study,” the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found that exposure to volatile organic compounds (VOCs) can be harmful to people’s health, causing a variety of issues including eye, nose and throat irritation, headaches, loss of coordination and nausea, damage to the liver, kidneys and central nervous system. ( link hidden, please login to view)

• By News Reporter
      Bringing Superb Mini LED Picture Quality to the Healthcare Sector, Company’s Latest
      Surgical Display Delivers Outstanding Image Accuracy, Performance and Convenience

SEOUL, Nov. 15, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is unveiling its first 27-inch, 4K surgical monitor with Mini LED technology (model 27HQ710S) at MEDICA 2022, the international tradeshow for the medical sector taking place in Düsseldorf, Germany, from November 14-17.
      LG 4K Mini LED surgical monitor boasts exceptional picture quality courtesy of the company’s Mini LED technology, which provides clear, precise images. The product’s 27-inch, 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160) screen leverages thousands of tiny LED diodes to provide a peak brightness of 2,000cd/m² and a 1,000:1 contrast ratio. With an impressive 1,500 local dimming zones, the surgical monitor displays vibrant, high quality color images with consistent brightness across the entire screen.
      In addition to contributing to excellent image reproduction, LG’s new surgical monitor’s bright, high quality display is suitable for use in hospital operating rooms and surgical centers. The surgical monitor also covers 20 percent more of the sRGB color gamut than its predecessor (model 27HJ710S). The combination of these attributes, along with a compact and easy to clean design, makes LG’s surgical monitor a valuable addition to the surgical suite.
      Furthermore, the design of the new surgical monitor delivers the durability and reliability optimized for the surgical environment. Thanks to the use of Optical Bonding Glass, the 27HQ710S reduces distracting reflections from theater lighting, while the product protects its front and rear (IP45- and IP32-rated, respectively) against foreign material and splashes.
      “The market for medical monitors that can deliver bright, high quality color images in true 4K resolution is growing in size, and this is reflected in the products being showcased at this year’s MEDICA,” said Silas Choi, vice president and head of the B2B solution business division at LG Business Solutions Company. “The 27HQ710S is the result of LG’s efforts to bring its superior LED technology to the medical sector. We believe that this new model will be a valuable addition to the surgical suite.”
      Visitors to LG’s exhibition booth (Hall 10, Stand D40) at MEDICA 2022 can explore the full range of LG medical displays, including the new 4K Mini LED surgical monitor.
      Specifications:
      LG Surgical Monitor (27HQ710S)
      Panel Inch (Aspect Ratio) 27-inch (16:9) Resolution 4K (3,840 x 2,160) Backlight Technology Mini LED Surface Treatment Protection Glass (1.3t, Anti-reflection, Anti-fingerprint) Color Gamut (Typ.) DCI-P3 110.9% (CIE1976, Area), DCI-P3 98% (CIE1976, Coverage), sRGB 139% (Area), sRGB 100% (Coverage)
      Viewing Angles (CR≥10) 178° (Right / Left), 178° (Up / Down)
      Brightness (Typ.) 800cd/m2 Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 1000: 1 Response Time 5ms (GTG (Gray-to-Gray)) Feature DICOM Compliant Yes HW Calibration Yes HDR HDR 10, HDR Effect Super Resolution+ Yes Video Signals
      Input Terminals HDMI 2.0 x1, DisplayPort x1, DVI x1, 3G-SDI x1 Output Terminals DisplayPort x1, DVI x1, 3G-SDI x1 Connectivity USB 1 Upstream (ver. 3.0), 1 Downstream (ver. 3.0) Power Input AC: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz Monitor DC in 19V~24V
      Power Consumption (Max.) 120W Power Consumption (DC Off) Less than 0.3W Resistance Rating IP45 (Front), IP32 (Excluding Front), IK06 User Convenience Picture-By-Picture: Yes (2PBP / 3PBP / 4PBP) / Picture-In-Picture: Yes Rotation & Mirror Mode, Failover Input Switch, 2 Hot Keys, Flicker Safe
      Physical Specifications Weight 8.0kg (18lb) # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      A “brand book” is the imprint of a brand’s unique identity, the particular trait that sets it far apart from the rest. Only brands boasting the richest heritage and the most defined philosophies can venture to leave an extensive account of their doings in such elegant, detailed writing.

Launched in 2016 with a mission to elevate the everyday by perfecting the balance between art and technology, LG SIGNATURE, a trailblazer in the home appliance industry, boasts an abundant pool of stories to tap into. That’s why it recently joined hands with leading lifestyle magazine, Monocle, to showcase LG SIGNATURE’s recollection of the past and vision for the future through the most exquisite brand book.

The book’s early chapters immerse readers in LG SIGNATURE’s history, laying out how the best of LG’s design and technology melded into one to give life to LG SIGNATURE. It then walks readers through the premium brand’s ideals and approach to crafting products that bring harmony between art and technology, and its refusal to compromise innovation and craftsmanship at all costs.

These authentic, rich tales are told by the innovators and master craftspeople who witnessed the birth of the brand and creation of its luxurious products. Beginning with what these true visionaries perceive the brand’s core identity to be, the personal accounts of LG insiders provide a new look into how LG SIGNATURE’s greatest products were honed to perfection through trial and error.

The closing pages of LG SIGNATURE’s inspirational brand book introduce its ambassadors, global icons who have made their mark on the world in their own unique ways. Here we meet Olivia Palermo, the frequently-quoted fashion authority who uses LG SIGNATURE appliances to streamline her busy day-to-day, and John Legend, the multiple Grammy Award-winning artist who maximizes his downtime through the power of LG SIGNATURE’s lifestyle-enhancing technologies.

Capturing LG SIGNATURE’s vision of a new way of life like never before, the LG SIGNATURE X Monocle brand book can be found at Monocle’s global stores so that thousands of distinguished consumers across the globe can read its story. To learn more about LG SIGNATURE’s history and discover what’s to come in the future, take a look at the brand’s chronicles through the lens of Monocle,
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #