Quantcast

WiFi Set up?

Question

I have been using a CAT5 cable for my network connection to my TV. Using a Cable Box wireless box. But the signal is getting slower. I want to try WiFi but I can't seem to be able to turn on the WiFi setting in the setup mode. Could it be because the CAT5 cable is plugged in to the TV. I tried unplugging the cable from the box  and it still won't come up. I can reach the cable plugged into the TV - it is mounted on the wall and can't be reached without taking off the wall... Model - 4K UHD HDR Smart LED TV - 60" Insert other media

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

@jhsquires Please post what LG TV model you have, and explain what your "Cable box wireless box" is.

LAN/Ethernet cable: unless it is a "loopback" cable, if should not matter so long as the far end (assuming it goes into your router or switch) is disconnected, then you should be able to see what the strongest WiFi signal is listed by SSID in the detected signals by the TV, then attempt to connect to the know SSID of your home router or AP (Access Point).  I am assuming that once the LAN  is disconnected, you can turn the WiFi ON (if turned off). The little WiFi/Bluetooth Combo card in the TV CAN fail due to storms or power spikes, or can just fail electronically inside, and might need replacing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Symbiodin
      I have an LG OLED55C6P TV. Because of hearing difficulties, I generally use bluetooth headphones when watching the TV.  As far as I have been able to determine, there appears to be no way to use the headphones and also have the TV speakers working at the same time. This means that if I'm watching TV, no one else can watch and listen unless they have headphones.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to have the headphones and TV speakers working at the same time?
    • By Kedar Nath Padhy
      Hi,
      I bought TV from DUBAI  Model No 43LF631V-TB,where i am not able to change the location ,as well not able addition the software like sony liv and hot star . Kindly help us .
    • By dellleeds
      some times when i watch a movie that requires subtitles i get strange symbols on the screen or may be not symbols just a diffrent language ,,in the subtitles settings code page why is there no english language to set my subs to,,
    • By Cookie
      My LG TV was working fine and the internet was working. I went on a 3 day trip and came back and it now says 'Check Network Connection'
      The internet works fine on my laptop and other devices. When I go into the WiFi options, it shows a loading indicator by my network.
      I click on another internet connection, then go back (so it doesn't show the loading indicator) and I enter the password correctly and click 'Connect' and it says this:
      Unknown issue has occurred.
      Please check the status and try again.

I can't do anything (like watch YouTube, browse the web, etc)
      I sometimes leave it on the loading indicator for 5-10 min and it doesn't do anything. Please help..

Error Code: -137

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.