Quantcast

A bit of technical "buzzword" info (IPS and VA)

Question

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Popular Posts

For those who like to read TV specs, and get confused about some of the abbreviations, here is a useful site: link hidden, please login to view

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By td47
      FYI: while researching some other LG mysteries, I came across this GREAT site with VERY good visuals explaining the different model numbering schemes for all the older and newer LG models.
      This goes from 2011 through to 2020, and is very comprehensive and easy to understand, so hats off to whoever put this all together:

link hidden, please login to view Apologies if this has been posted before (and the experts on here may know this stuff already), but even if in the middle of a thread, I think it deserves its own seperate topic. I am sure it will help someone.. 😊
    • By PhylipR
      Hopefully more people will see this solution to an old problem if I start this new thread,rather than just replying and getting tacked on to another thread where many are seeking a solution. 
      The  problem of " Wired Lan cable disconnected- Wired cable connected" is a simple fix. 
      First go to settings scroll down to General-scroll down to Home/Store mode and change to Store Mode. Then when Store Mode screen displays go again to settings and again to General scroll all the way down till you reach "Store Mode Settings" you will then see an option to "Turn Off Notifications" turn it off exit and turn TV back to "Home" and no more annoying messages in the upper corner of your TV. 
      I am assuming this action will also turn off notifications for updates to apps etc. but it is an easy enough thing to check them once in awhile for any possible updates. 
      Initiating this fix is a blessing as far as I am concerned as I was going to dump my LG and buy another brand saved money and sanity. Hope my post helps some of you!
    • By Freewheelin37
      How can I save username & password to specific sites I'm subscribed to in the browser app?  Logging in with the remote is cumbersome at best.  There needs to be a way to automate the process.
    • By Mark67
      One specific web site (motogp) all of a sudden throws up the ssl expired security certificate. Only on my oled55 c9pau.
      It’s  not the date or time and I did a reset. Also deleted cache  and cookies. 
    • By Newcastlelad
      Hi im not sure if this is the place to post a question like this  sorry it its not.
      I have and LG TV which has been having problems with SKY Q blacking out. I got in touch with LG and they said I needed an update which they sent me on a disc.
      I followed the instructions but my TV wont read the epk file so wont sense it needs to update. I have tried numerous usb drives I have formatted them in ntfs and fat. The usb reads they LG_DTV file but says there is nothing inside. Any help would be great thanks.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Sourav Pathak
      I often feel the need to turn off my TV's screen after I select a playlist and start playing. Can we have this option in the Spotify app. We do have this option in the inbuilt music player where we can turn off the display while the music plays in the background and we can turn the display back on by pressing volume up button on the remote. Felt that this option could be added to Spotify app as well.
      Thanks
    • By Puntyboy
      My 18 month old 43UJ635V-ZF has very annoying purple tinting down the right hand side and bottom left hand corner. I'm hearing this is a common problem with Tv's like this and see many Forums on Samsung about it. There was no physical damage done to the TV And it just started happening. 
      Does anyone know why this happening and is there any resolving this?

Amazed by the amount of people having this problem and wondering what the best course of action is? Time to scrap it or try and repair? 

• By alan dickinson
      I have two very thin but very distinct parallel, vertical lines on the left of my screen. Is this a hardware or software problem?
    • By Eiskaffee
      Hi there,

a few weeks ago i got the 43uj6309 LG SmartTV and now i got a question to this TV.

My plan is to install a Ambilight for the TV itself, without HDMI input (as I got none). I red the last days a lot about it and it seems its not that hard.
      The only problem is, every topic is about grabbing the video source of an HDMI device, not the TV screen itself.  As i dont use any HDMI Device and just stream TV, Netflix and Amazon my ambilight setup has to get the video information from the TV directly.

So i came up with an idea... maybe its not (yet) working or just a stupid idea...

Is it possible to stream the Video signal of the TV to any device trough my network at home? Screensharing or miracast work the same way, dont they? There are Apps like the WEBOS app, where i can scroll trough my photos, so there must be a way to share my TV screen to another WIFI device in the network.

If that works or if  there is any way to get the f*** video signal of my TV to the raspberry Pi my ambilight setup would work.

so thanks to anyone who is into the topic and knows someting about it. 
      peace