Quantcast

Confusing pop up message about recording

Arthur Dent

Question

Hi

If I have a recording programmed, I get a pop up message just before it’s about to record..” recording about to start.....Options CANCEL OR OK”

so if I click OK the recording continues, but what if I click CANCEL does this cancel the recording ? Or just cancel / close the pop up window ? If it cancels the recording, the pop up should say “ CANCEL THE RECORDING “

I am sure whoever programmed this message know what it meant and what the options do, but not obvious, to me anyway

thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hi

Y point was, quite often Canvel on a pop up simply means close this window, but this cancel has a deeper meaning.....it actually cancels the recording ( thanks for confirming that ) just think the pop up should say cancel scheduled recording , mind you there are more ‘odd’ things with the LG OS so maybe shouldn’t worry about this....thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Licenses Proprietary LTE Communications Technology to Wiko Parent Tinno Mobile

SEOUL, Dec. 2, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) has signed an agreement to license all of its LTE standard essential patents (SEP) to Tinno Mobile, the Chinese parent company of European smartphone brand Wiko. The license covers all Wiko-branded phones sold by Tinno Mobile worldwide.
      The recently completed arrangement is a strategic victory for LG, which filed three separate suits against Wiko in 2018 for infringing on its LTE SEPs. All cases were ruled in LG’s favor the following year, as were the two subsequent appeals filed by Wiko. The two companies were set to meet again in court this month, with LG seeking a sales ban on Wiko products in Germany, but came to an agreement three days before the new trial was set to begin.
      LG has made protecting its intellectual property a key component of its business strategy in the era of mobility. As part of this broad strategy LG also filed legal action against TCL in 2019 for violating its intellectual property. Ruled in favor of LG earlier this year, the court granted a ban in Germany on the sale of TCL products containing LG technologies in addition to recall and destruction of TCL devices that had already been sold.
      “Our agreement with Tinno Mobile is a positive outcome for all parties involved and will ultimately lead to better user experiences for consumers worldwide,” said Cho Hwi-jae, vice president and head of LG’s Intellectual Property Center.” Protecting our intellectual property is important to the many employees at LG who have invested countless hours and considerable efforts to developing the technology that improve our customers’ lives. LG is committed to licensing its standard essential patents on fair, reasonable and non-discriminatory terms for the benefit of consumers everywhere.”
      LG is already at work securing leadership in the next generation of mobile network technology, 6G, which is expected to be commercialized later this decade. In partnership with the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea’s foremost research university, LG established the LG-KAIST 6G Research Center in 2019 and is working closely with Keysight Technologies to further enhance its 6G core capabilities. Earlier this year LG achieved a groundbreaking milestone in 6G development at the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI) in Berlin with the successful transmission of wireless 6G terahertz (THz) data over a distance of more than 100 meters outdoors.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@ LG :  if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob
    • By News Reporter
      Hopes and aspirations for a good life are universal desires. However, defining what constitutes a good life differs from person to person, culture to culture – there’s just no limit to the myriad of possibilities that brings a ray of light into our lives. This is why LG joined forces with up-and-coming director Jackson Tisi and budding artists around the globe for its Life’s Good Film Project. After all, there’s no better medium than the artistic voice of young souls to explore the multifaceted perspectives that shape our world and the future.

This year, LG called on 531 young auteurs from 33 countries to capture the peoples, cultures and landscapes around the world that highlight the good in life. Tisi led the way with his exceptional creative vision, weaving the clips together into a vibrant 20-minute . The impactful collaboration was shaped around LG’s optimistic message, Life’s Good, but the story is told in the voice of the young visionaries through the lens of their own unique and powerful experiences, delivering a colorful variety to the project both in terms of subject matter and aesthetic visuals.

The film delves into the multitude conditions of the human existence within six chapters that embody a unique element of a good life – from the beauty of nature, the vitality of physical movement, personal growth nurtured in times of solitude to the togetherness and warmth of a close-knit community. The final chapter depicts today’s young generation united in celebration of life, eloquently bringing the film to a close. This emotionally uplifting message – and the amazing depth and range of visual sensations that it accompanies – was lauded by several film industry outlets.

The Life’s Good Film, delivering LG’s brand message, but also gaining sympathy from all around the world in the creative and sophisticated manners, was named a winning entry in well-established film festivals such as the and the . The and nominated the entry as a finalist and the named it second-finalist, a rare feat among brand collaboration films. The much-praised film will be reaching a wider public audience with official screenings at the , , and the in the coming weeks.

“LG hopes to bring a better tomorrow to everyone, especially for the benefit of the younger generation,” said Lee Jung-suk, head of LG’s Global Marketing Center. “We will continue to spread our iconic brand narrative by empowering tomorrow’s leaders and storytellers as the messengers.”
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      In a unique initiative to address food insecurity and spread kindness across the United States, LG is working with global nonprofit Lasagna Love to positively impact communities by connecting neighbors through homemade lasagnas.
      LG USA enlisted the help of celebrity chefs and foodies to kick off the . They will be pitching in to bake lasagnas and posting their experience across their social media channels to inspire others to volunteer and keep the cooking challenge going.

The campaign, which launched on Nov. 8 in time for the season of giving, has a goal of delivering 15,000 meals and connecting people in their communities throughout the USA. The social media campaign encourages others to join Lasagna Love’s mission of addressing the incredible rise in food insecurity among families and providing a simple act of kindness to those in need of a helping hand.

LG believes in empowering home cooks and providing them with the innovative tools they need to make the most of their time in the kitchen. Through the partnership with Lasagna Love, LG will be sharing recipes and cooking tips for LG’s InstaView ranges to motivate consumers to get involved and give them all the tools they need to make and gift the perfect lasagna.

“We’ve all been in a place of needing support, whether it’s a family struggling with food insecurity, a neighbor feeling isolated, or a friend who could use a little encouragement, we hope to inspire others this holiday season to spread Lasagna Love’s mission and connect people in their communities,” says Gail Conroy, senior director of marketing, LG Electronics USA.

Lasagna Love’s mission is simple: feed families, spread kindness and strengthen communities. According to CEO and Founder Rhiannon Menn, “Lasagna Love was created through the simple act of one family making a home-cooked meal for another family in need. As we continue to scale our mission of spreading kindness, what’s most inspiring is how we’re making life a little better not only for the families receiving a meal, but also for the volunteers who are cooking.
      “We’re thrilled to be partnering with an innovative company like LG that truly understands the power in this one simple act of kindness and wants to help us reach even further,” she says.
      # # #