Quantcast

LG Magic remote MR18BA not working

Question

Magic remote stopped working after tv was taken to a different place, I have reset the tv a few times, remote has new batteries, the method to de-register and register doesn't work, all buttons work except the ones labelled: Netflix, amazon, Live zoom, and the microphone. When i press the microphone button I get the following message: Press OK to register theMagic Remote with your tv, when I do it I get the message: Only specific remote model can be paired.

My tv is an Oled55B6T, and according to LG the magic Remote MR18BA.

If is not possible to get it working I would like to get rid of the annoying message: "Only specific remote model can be paired." It shows up everytime I change channels or do any other funtion like choosing to watch Netflix or Youtube, etc.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

@oscarodas The magic remotes split the button functions between regular Infra-Red (for power, volume and the other defined buttons that you have that work), but the others rely on BlueTooth technology, similar to how a PC Wireless Mouse communicates. There is a very small circuit board inside (about 2 inches square), that is a Combo card, supplying both the Bletooth AND the WiFi functions. I had mine fail a few months back, after a storm. I have a spare card, but I have not bothered to replace it yet, as I found a workaround (see below):

I downloaded the "LG TV PLUS" app into my smart phone, and it works as a very good replacement for those lost functions. I beleive this works for most Android and Apple phones. Small learning cureve, but generally easy to use, so long as your TV is on the home network. If the card has failed completely (so no WiFi as well), try using a LAN cable direct to your router. 

@td47. Thank you, I installed the app and it works like a charm, i will test it a little more, but still I have the problem of the constant message at the top of the screen remaining me about the remote, I have tried every possible fix suggested in the net, even pulled the remote apart and cleaned with alcohol wipes to no avail, do you think that buying a new remote will solve the problem? they range from 54 to 77 AU. When you mention the small card, you mean the one inside the remote?  Thanks.

@oscarodas While it IS possibly  a remote fault, I would think it is MUCH more likely to be the Bluetooth functionality failing inside the TV. The little combo card is inside the TV. If you know what you are doing, it is easy to replace (take back cover off TV, locate the little card, unplug cable, carefully put in the new card, plug the little ribbon cable plug back in). If still under warrantee, try to get it done via LG service.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      With Brazil still being devastated by COVID-19, businesses in the country are looking at the current situation not as a short-term change but a long-term direction. So instead of taking temporary steps to bide time until social distancing is lifted, the Brazil operation of LG Electronics took the step of opening a new facility that enables them to connect with customers while delivering an immersive experience with LG products without violating social distancing rules.

The LG Business Solutions Center (BSC) in the Barra Funda district on the west side of São Paulo was designed to provide an opportunity to interact with LG’s products in different commercial “zones” such as a Hotel, Hospital, Education, Retail, Meeting Room and Airport all from the safety and comfort of a private showroom. From commercial air conditions to digital signage to transparent OLED displays, the LG BSC is the one-stop location for all things B2B.

Covering 3,000 square meters, the LG Business Solution Center is thought to be the largest showroom of its kind in Latin America. The LG Business Solution Center also serves as a learning center with an area reserved for training repair staff air conditioning professionals with practical and theoretical instructions on how to repair residential and commercial units. The space can also be reserved for private workshops, seminars and presentations for customers, partners as well as employees.

But what really sets LG BSC apart from other showrooms is that the products interact with one another because many of LG’s B2B products are also smart and connectable. The showroom also features a space specially developed for the Connected Home utilizing LG ThinQ, the company’s smart devices brand with artificial intelligence.

“The LG Business Solution Center is one of our biggest projects in the country and is designed to drive the brand’s business with a broad portfolio and services ecosystem,” said Julio Baek, president of LG Electronics Brazil. “Investing in a space where our partners and consumers can experience our products and solutions reinforces LG’s focus on innovation and technology.”
      Contributed by LG Brazil
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• By KevinH
      I just got a new TV (43UN7000PUB) and can’t get HomeKit to work properly.  It works fine when the TV is on but won’t work when the TV is off.
      I have seen several threads on this and done some research but did not find a resolution.
      I read several threads that blamed it on the Magic Remote and Bluetooth.  This TV does not have the Magic Remote so I think that can be ruled out.
      One thread pointed out that when the TV is off it loses it’s LAN connection and it’s WI-FI connection and said that could be the problem.  I can confirm this is true with mine as well.  This argument makes perfect sense to me as all connections would be lost when the TV is off.  
      If anyone can help I’d surely appreciate it.
      One thread said the problem was fixed with a FW update.  But that was with a different model and a different FW than mine.  As I recall from memory it was something like FW xx.35.10 and it was a 55” or 65” TV.  My firmware says it is current with version 3.21.36.
      Maybe a moderator could confirm the firmware fix already exists for this issue.  If so, could you please see that it gets pushed out to all HomeKit TVs instead of just that single model?
      Thanks in advance for any help or comments.  
    • By jikhead
      I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.
    • By Satya_
      Software version 05.30.10 default web browser just updated and the address bar appear on the top of the screen which bother me a lot while playing a video please add a Full screen option to it