Quantcast

Adding Apple TV app to LG web os

philipworthington

Question

Could some one give me a step by step guide to installing Apple TV app?  I know that there are a lot of features on the LG web os, and I'm gradually finding my way around and trying to use Magic remote, but would be very grateful for a reply.  I'm 65 and I'm not that techy.  I long for the days when you would get a physical manual!  Thanks.

3 answers to this question

@philipworthington Is this a new LG TV? Please post the model you have, and what country you reside in, as not all countries have it yet.

I understood though, that the Apple TV APP was coming to new models this year, so if not pre-installed in the TV APP list already (along the bottom, scroll left and rigth to see what is there), look in the LG STORE, and scroll down to see if you can install it. You will need to set up an account of course, once you install it.

Thanks for your reply.  I live in London, UK.  The model LG we have is web os lm630bpla. We just bought it a couple of months ago.. As you suggested, I went to the LG store on TV, but there was no Apple app.  It's possible that we may have to wait for it's release here, so I will wait a bit.  I'll also try and contact LG here when I get time.  Thanks very much for your reply and I hope you and yours are well.

Regards ,

Philip

@philipworthington Glad to be of help, I always find useful info on here, and other users experience, and I often learn something new each time, so it is a useful forum.

From this link:

link hidden, please login to view

I saw this bit, and it seems that the premium OLED TV's might get the Apple TV APP first:

"LG TV customers can now enjoy Apple TV in addition to AirPlay 2 and HomeKit on all of LG’s 2019 OLED TVs, NanoCell TVs (series SM9X and SM8X) and later this month, the Apple TV app will roll out on select UHD TVs (series UM7X and UM6X). The Apple TV app and Apple TV+ will be available on 2020 TVs at launch and on LG’s 2018 TVs later this year via an over-the-air firmware upgrade."  NOTE: yours is a 2019 model

However, while waiting for it to arrive (ensure you have a good WiFi connection for firmware updates and app updates), see if this new "LG Channels" app is available (a partnership between LG and Xumo), as it might suffice in the meantime.

Check on the forum here to see if anyone knows what range of LG it is on (I cannot get it on my old 2014 model, but it MIGHT be available on yours now, being a current model)

Edited by td47
typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      AI is a buzzword across all industries. We are currently living in the age of AI and, while many are focused on the evolution of AI technology itself, LG is focused more on how AI can make a difference to customers in their daily lives.
      At CES 2024, LG redefined AI as ‘Affectionate Intelligence’ with the belief that AI should deliver more caring, empathetic and attentive customer experiences. So, what does LG’s ‘Affectionate Intelligence’ entail?

First, LG has access to a wealth of data from the 500 to 700 million LG products in use worldwide, many of which have AI-supported intelligent sensors that are optimized to learn and analyze users’ life patterns. LG has the unique opportunity to draw on the ‘real life’ data gathered from these connected devices and, with this ‘Real-time Life Intelligence,’ can provide valuable insight into customer-device interactions, including their environment, behavior pattern and emotional state.
      Second, the LG AI Brain – a powerful engine driven by LG’s large language model –can forecast consumers’ needs based on user-product interactions and contextual learning, perform reasoning processes and generate optimal solutions by orchestrating the action of physical devices. This ‘Orchestrated Intelligence’ allows LG to ultimately provide intelligent services and experiences tailored to customers’ lives.
      Above all, AI needs to be accountable, work equally well for all users, promote safe and intended behavior, secure personal data and control access to it. To ensure ‘Responsible Intelligence,’ LG has applied LG Shield, the company’s data security system, across the entire process of collecting, storing and utilizing customer data, ensuring protection at every stage.
      With these three pillars, LG is focused on adding a human touch to AI. So, what does ‘Affectionate Intelligence’ look like in the real world?
      Enhanced Customer Experience in the Home

With almost seven decades of customer-facing business experience, LG has a deep understanding of customers, especially in the home. Leveraging Affectionate Intelligence, LG enhances the customer experience by providing personalized and tailored services through its home products and solutions.
      LG’s Smart Home AI Agent, an all-around home manager and companion, showcases the company’s commitment to realizing its “Zero Labor Home” vision. This versatile household helper can not only act as a hub to seamlessly connect and control home appliances and IoT devices, but also even navigate around the home and, through multi-modal sensing, collect a variety of data to monitor and manage the home.
      LG’s home appliances, such as the refrigerator with MoodUP, are equipped with on-device AI chips, allowing for more natural, intuitive interaction with LG ThinQ app. What’s more, appliances compatible with LG ThinQ UP can continuously receive software updates.
      LG’s latest washers are equipped with AI Direct Drive Motor tech which automatically determines the ideal cycle,1 enabling users to take better care of their garments. Among the company’s diverse air solutions, the new LG DUALCOOL residential air conditioner employs the Human Detection Sensor, which can detect the location of room occupants2 and change airflow mode accordingly.
      When it comes to enjoying the latest movie or your favorite show on LG OLED TVs, the new α (Alpha) 11 AI Processor offers an immersive viewing experience by personalizing picture settings, TV contents and apps. It can even provide recommendations based on past viewing habits through AI Concierge, and if you need assistance or want to learn about new features, the AI Chatbot is ready to help.
      For those needing to stay productive, LG gram Pro laptops are equipped with Intel® AI Boost, enabling top performance for AI workloads even without a network connection, enhancing the customer experience with top performance even on the go.
      Improved Customer Experience on the Road

Software is not only transforming our homes but also revolutionizing our commercial spaces, virtual environments and experiences on the road. Software-defined Vehicles (SDV) are now a reality, and LG is actively participating in this evolution with a focus on improving the in-vehicle customer experience.
      While features like in-car entertainment and navigation are already commonplace, SDV’s bring a new dimension. Advanced software uses innovative technologies to dramatically improve computing power in car cockpits and allows users to remotely upgrade their vehicles with new features, akin to apps on their smartphones, without the need for a dealership or repair shop visit.
      At CES, LG shared its vision for cars as a ‘living space on wheels’ powered by SDV solutions. The company introduced LG AlphaWare, its suite of software solutions for SDV. This includes versatile middleware, platforms, and services, creating personalized and immersive in-vehicle experience for SDV utilizing, for example, AR/MR and AI technologies as well as being flexible and scalable base for all the domain of SDV.
      Based on ‘Affectionate Intelligence,’ LG will continue to unveil new products and services not for the sake of innovation but to provide tangible benefits to consumers and improve their lives. Stay tuned to
      link hidden, please login to view to see how the company continues to connect and expand customer experiences across various spaces, going beyond the home, in its journey to become a smart life solution company. # # #
      1 The AI DD motor attached to washing machines detects fabric type by calculating the unique waveforms of the fabric. AI sensing will not activate if the load is over 3 kilograms or the Steam option has been selected. Feature availability may vary depending on the product models.
      2 The “Human Detection Sensor” only activates cooling and heating mode. The sensor has a vertical range of 90°, a right/left range of 100°, and a distance range of 5 meters (indoor unit of air conditioner to human). Depending on usage conditions, sensor detection range may be shortened.

• By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

• By News Reporter
      LG Smart TV Users Gain Free Access to Wide Selection of Apple Originals,
      Hit Shows and Feature Films for Limited Time Only

SEOUL, Feb. 6, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is offering access to three months of Apple TV+ free to eligible LG Smart TV users in 93 countries.1 The 3-month free trial is available within the Apple TV app of compatible 4K and 8K LG Smart TVs (2018 models and later), along with lifestyle screen models StanbyME and StanbyME Go. This limited-time offer will be in effect from February 6 to April 30.2
      Apple TV+ offers premium series, compelling drama and comedy series, captivating feature films, groundbreaking documentaries, and kids and family entertainment. Apple TV+ offers acclaimed, global hit series such as “Monarch: Legacy of Monsters,” “Masters of the Air,” “Silo,” “Hijack,” “The Morning Show,” “Foundation,” “Slow Horses” and multi-Emmy Award-winning “Ted Lasso,” as well as award-winning Apple Original Films including the ten-time Academy Award nominated “Killers of the Flower Moon,” from Martin Scorsese and historic Oscar Best Picture winner “CODA.”
      LG’s industry-leading TVs feature Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos to deliver superb home entertainment and LG Smart TV users can enjoy Apple TV+ in 4K with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.3 The company’s 2024 premium TVs4 are industry first to support both Dolby Vision and Filmmaker Mode, a cinematic experience available with Apple TV+ titles mastered in Dolby Vision.
      LG is committed to elevating the viewing experience to a new height by offering an extensive array of content and services, class-leading picture quality and immersive audio. LG Smart TV users can effortlessly tap into the full suite of content and services offered by LG Smart TVs with the versatile and user-friendly webOS platform.
      # # #
      1 Available in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, India, Korea, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, France, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, United Kingdom, US, Canada, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Brazil, Belarus, Ukraine, Gambia, Ghana, Uganda, Egypt, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Lebanon, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and Israel. Additionally available in Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Moldova, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Mauritius, Niger, Guinea-Bissau and Turkmenistan for models ranging from webOS22 to webOS 24.
      2 Offer ends April 30. Redemption dates for select 12 countries (Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Moldova, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Mauritius, Niger, Guinea-Bissau and Turkmenistan) is from February 20 for TVs running webOS 22 and March 4 for TVs running webOS 23. This offer is available on 2018-2024 LG 4K and 8K Smart TV models, StanbyME, and StanbyME Go in the Apple TV app. Availability of StanbyME and StanbyME Go may vary by region. Valid only for new subscribers to Apple TV+ in your region. Limit one offer per TV and Apple ID. Plan automatically renews at your region’s price per month until cancelled. Requires Apple ID with payment method on file. Payment will be billed to payment method on file and can be cancelled anytime at least a day before each renewal date in your service account settings. Terms and Apple Privacy Policy apply; see the applicable terms at www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html. Must be the minimum age required in your country and in the country that matches the store front on which you are redeeming the offer. Compatible products and services required. Cannot be combined with other offers providing access to the same service. Apple TV+ is a service mark of Apple Inc.
      3 Not all content is available in 4K or 4K HDR. 4K resolution requires a 4K‑capable device. Accessing Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision features requires a Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision capable system. Playback quality will depend on hardware and internet connection.
      4 Dolby Vision and Filmmaker Mode is available on LG’s 2024 OLED TV, QNED TV 90, QNED TV 91 and QNED 99 series. Automatic Filmmaker Mode experience is available on Apple TV+ on LG Smart TV models running webOS 6.0 and later.

• By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

• By Albatros787
      Hi. I just bought a oled lg tv. I don’t find apple tv app in the app store. I’m in Morocco