Quantcast

Adding Apple TV app to LG web os

Question

Could some one give me a step by step guide to installing Apple TV app?  I know that there are a lot of features on the LG web os, and I'm gradually finding my way around and trying to use Magic remote, but would be very grateful for a reply.  I'm 65 and I'm not that techy.  I long for the days when you would get a physical manual!  Thanks.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

@philipworthington Is this a new LG TV? Please post the model you have, and what country you reside in, as not all countries have it yet.

I understood though, that the Apple TV APP was coming to new models this year, so if not pre-installed in the TV APP list already (along the bottom, scroll left and rigth to see what is there), look in the LG STORE, and scroll down to see if you can install it. You will need to set up an account of course, once you install it.

Thanks for your reply.  I live in London, UK.  The model LG we have is web os lm630bpla. We just bought it a couple of months ago.. As you suggested, I went to the LG store on TV, but there was no Apple app.  It's possible that we may have to wait for it's release here, so I will wait a bit.  I'll also try and contact LG here when I get time.  Thanks very much for your reply and I hope you and yours are well.

Regards ,

Philip

@philipworthington Glad to be of help, I always find useful info on here, and other users experience, and I often learn something new each time, so it is a useful forum.

From this link:
I saw this bit, and it seems that the premium OLED TV's might get the Apple TV APP first:

"LG TV customers can now enjoy Apple TV in addition to AirPlay 2 and HomeKit on all of LG’s 2019 OLED TVs, NanoCell TVs (series SM9X and SM8X) and later this month, the Apple TV app will roll out on select UHD TVs (series UM7X and UM6X). The Apple TV app and Apple TV+ will be available on 2020 TVs at launch and on LG’s 2018 TVs later this year via an over-the-air firmware upgrade."  NOTE: yours is a 2019 model

However, while waiting for it to arrive (ensure you have a good WiFi connection for firmware updates and app updates), see if this new "LG Channels" app is available (a partnership between LG and Xumo), as it might suffice in the meantime.

link hidden, please login to view

Check on the forum here to see if anyone knows what range of LG it is on (I cannot get it on my old 2014 model, but it MIGHT be available on yours now, being a current model)

Edited by td47
typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Across the world, hospitals and health care facilities have been put to the ultimate test, pushed to their absolute limits. To help ease the burden on the Polish health care system, LG supported the 29th Annual Grand Finale fundraiser hosted by the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity (GOCC), the largest independent non-profit charity in Poland, to raise money that will be used to help care for the nation’s most vulnerable children.

Since 1993, the GOCC has been supporting and promoting health care in Poland by purchasing state-of-the-art medical equipment for the nation’s hospitals and clinics, as well as establishing and running several medical and educational programs. The charity’s Grand Finale fundraiser on January 31 was packed to the brim with events, activities, concerts and sporting challenges that brought diverse communities together for non-stop fun and fund raising. By reaching out to regions with thriving Polish communities, the GOCC was also able to set up 79 international Collection Centres in locations such as Singapore, Bali, Mexico and as far away as a research station at the North Pole.

LG kitted the Grand Finale TV studio out with 80 LG monitors, among them professional 4K LG UltraFine monitors with Ergo stands for use by studio volunteers during the grueling 27 hour long fundraiser that was televised nationally and streamed live on the Grand Finale website.

To raise awareness and encourage more people to get involved, LG Poland also donated a smart LG Vivace washer dryer with Allergy Care to the Grand Finale’s online charity auction. Featuring steam to disinfect clothes and eliminate germs, LG Vivace proved to be a highly sought after product, attracting a host of bidders. To bring even more viewers and donations to the table, LG and partners promoted the GOCC 2021 event continuously on their social media channels.

Photo Credit: Lukasz Widziszowski
      “With everything that has been going on and the social-distancing restrictions in place, this year we decided to focus on a digital fundraiser to introduce our kindhearted benefactors to donating online.” said GOCC spokesperson Olga Zawada. “Preliminary results totaled PLN 127,495,626 (USD 34.2 million), making it one of the highest preliminary amounts we’ve raised in our almost 30-year history, thanks in large part to online donations.” All proceeds from the auction were used to purchase potentially life-changing medical equipment for laryngology, otolaryngology and head diagnostics.
      Jerzy Owsiak, Chairman, GOCC (Photo Credit: Marcin Wichon)
      In an interview at the studio, Jerzy Owsiak, Chairman of the Board of the GOCC, personally thanked LG Poland for its contribution to the Grand Finale and LG’s entire Poland team is proud to have been able to support this noble initiative that shares LG’s goals – to make lives better.
      By LG Poland Staff
      # # #

• By Youssef Mohamed
      Hello,
      How can I make a button to open specific app ? for example letting the netflix app button to open another application.

• By News Reporter
      Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and fanfare and frivolities aside, the essence of this special occassion is to express true love, which can be accomplished without expensive restaurants or romantic getaways. There are plenty of ways to celebrate the special day at home, and with the LG ThinQ taking role as a lifestyle platform, it can help make your Valentine’s Day more memorable without sacrificing safety. It can help you express love in a variety of ways from the perfect meal to fun-filled activities with your loved ones.

Turn Your Home into Cupid’s Safe Bubble
      With LG ThinQ, create the perfect environment for this special day is easier than you might think. The Routine feature on the LG ThinQ app  remembers your settings on different appliances to make cleaning easier every time.1 Customize your own modes, such as a “Fresh Air Mode” which could start the robot vacuum cleaner and the LG air purifier simultaneously to keep dust to a minimum while cleaning. With LG Styler, you can freshen up that flattering dress or elegant suit from the back of the closet.2 For everything else, use LG’s washing machine with steam that sanitizes while cleaning.3

Gifts of Love Hand-Picked from Home
      Valentine’s Day is also about gift giving and you can even shop for LG products for your loved ones via the ThinQ app and avoid the mall altogether. For music lovers, there’s LG TONE Free earbuds or LG XBOOM GO Bluetooth speakers while a portable LG PuriCareTM Mini Air Purifier might be ideal for those who spend much time in the car or for new mothers.

Transform Your Home into a Safe-Haven Bistro
      Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without a romantic candlelit dinner. While the idea of preparing and cleaning up after a four-course meal at home may not seem very romantic, LG ThinQ makes the entire process much easier and more convenient. As for what dish to prepare, LG ThinQ offers services compatible with recipe management apps such as Drop, Innit and SideChef that provide access to thousands of recipes to find an appropriate dish. Find the perfect recipe, click it and it’ll send the recipe to your LG oven, preheating it to the right temperature and setting it on adequate functions while you focus on preparing the ingredients. Even if you’re not a professional chef, the apps will provide you with step-by-step instructions to help you on your way to a deliciously easy cooking experience. Clean-up is also not an issue, as the ThinQ app lets you control and monitor your dishwasher and robot vacuum for a convenient and pleasant meal from start to finish.

Romance the Evening with Safe and Sound Entertainment
      To wind down the perfect day, cuddle with your loved one for a movie and search classic romance films or rom-coms starring your favorite actors. Using the ThinQ AI in LG’s AI TVs and the platform-wide LG universal search function, simply ask the LG Magic Remote to “find a romantic comedy film” to track down content you’ll enjoy with incredible ease.4 If you’re in the mood for something more exciting, turn your living room into a dance floor or ballroom and let loose with your loved one by saying “play love-themed ballads” into the Magic Remote. Whether it be romantic, party, or maybe just some lo-fi beats, or ask the LG XBOOM GO Bluetooth speaker to find music that fits the atmosphere or play your favorite playlist with a simple voice command.
      So this Valentine’s Day, add your own twist to create a satisfyingly romantic experience in the safety of your home. Learn more about LG smart products at .
      # # #
      1 LG ThinQ app compatible product models and available features may vary depending on region.
      2 Features and usage requirements may vary depending on fabric of clothing.
      3 Certified by the British Allergy Foundation (BAF) for reducing 99.9 percent of house dust mite allergens and Esche-richia coli and Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. Certified as an asthma and allergy friendly® appliance by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA).
      4 Services and features may vary depending on region and product models.

• By JRM
      I have an LG 55NANO866NA television and a Humax PVP4000T set top box. After  a lot of fiddling,  I finally got the remote set up under Universal Controller and can turn the set top box on with the remote. This also turns the TV on and it automatically selects the correct input for the Humax box, so I have a picture. This is all ideal.
      The problem comes when turning off the set top box as this also turns the TV off, even though it is the STB that is used, not the TV power button.  Of course, this is very irritating as quite often, I wish to come off the STB because I have been watching a recording and go to the TV to watch live TV without sacrificing quality by viewing through the STB. Does anyone have any clues about how to make the STB button just control the STB and not control the TV as well - certainly on switch off? 
      Perhaps the solution is to use the "inputs" key and just go to live TV, leaving the set top box powered until the TV set is finally turned off?
      Secondly, on my old LG TV, I had all the main terrestrial TV players available, iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My 5. On this new model I just have the iPlayer and nothing else. I have looked in the app store and don't see any of the missing players. Am I missing something?
    • By BobbyL
      I have two identical QLED tvs.  Around the same time, the Amazon Prime Video buttons on both remotes fail to launch the app.  A narrow blue line just momentarily appears on the bottom of the screen.  When selecting the app though the remote home button and selecting the app off app line on the screen, the app functions fine.
      On one of the sets, I re-installed the app but the problem persists.  Since identical problem is exhibited on both sets with different remotes, it would seem that it is not a defective remote issue.  Perhaps bug was introduced in a WebOs update since it started happening on both sets around the same time.
      Anyone else having this issue?  Any solutions?