Quantcast

Smart DNS & ITV hub

Tony Levy

Question

I have with the help of this forum been able to get my smart DNS working and can no watch streaming from the BBCi player, and  All4 however I cannot get the ITV hub to work, it loads the program I want to watch but then reverts to a screen saying

'Where is my show etc' and it doesnt play

I do not understand why ITV hub will not work yet the BBCi player and All4 and Both work

My5 also does not work but I get the error message you must be in the UK to view this content

10 answers to this question

I am afraid ITV and My5 dont work on smartdns there is no work around 

for this  the only otherway is via vpn as you have Nordvpn maybe you

can use this to see ITV etc.

Otherwise you would need a special vpn router useing ddwrt or tomato

firmware maybe  

link hidden, please login to view

i use one works fine on openvpn from Nordvpn had one for many years

now.

• Like 1

The company that supplied my router informed me that no other router would work on their system but i am not sure this is correct but I do not want to purchase a new Sabia technology router only to find it actually does not work with my internet providers system.

I am not sure what to do now

Yes i understand i dont know which isp you use or

which country you are in but normally on a isp router

you have 4 internet ports as i have i use one for my sabai

router, if your isp router only has one internet port then

you can put the router in bridge mode then you just cable

to your own  new router.

By the way what kind of speed do you have on your broadband.

Just post if you need any advice.

I use smart DNS and had a lot of problems as I live in a different country. I solved it by switching the location to London a switched the auto time setting to off. I get all UK terrestrial channels  np problem and 1 advantage was that the local channels that normally broadcast English language programs in a dubbed format are suddenly in English. I use Asus router with Merlin software installed.

I live in Spain and my tv has an inbuilt sat receiver which is linked via our satellite dish and I have always got the UK terrestrial channels but not ITV hub, I use an iptv subscription to receive other channels for watching Sport and Movies and my router is a Huawei HS8456 and have a subscription to Nordvpn but cannot connect Nord to my router 

I use smart DNS and had a lot of problems as I live in a different country. I solved it by switching the location to London a switched the auto time setting to off. I get all UK terrestrial channels  np problem and 1 advantage was that the local channels that normally broadcast English language programs in a dubbed format are suddenly in English. I use Asus router with Merlin software installed.

I'm in Spain also but can't get terrestrial tv via satellite so also use iptv. I had no problems until IP provider changed his system. I had to change my router and the cheapest option was ASUS and install Merlin, which was really straightforward. I was using a kodi box but then changed TV to an LG. I had problems as I set it initially for Spain and then found I couldn't get any UK terrestrial. I eventually found out that by putting the location as UK and the time as I said it all worked. I use videophone and have smartDNS in the router but can add a VPN to my PC as needed. I have never had to use one on the TV.

Just to explain what a Sabai vpn router can do 

if it is on a UK openvpn setup this will then give

you a UK ip addresse which will transmit to your

TV, PC, Apple tv box,Tablet,Phone,via wifi

or cable, with this you can see all UK apps

The best router from Sabai is a Netgear R7000

price is $ 349 this will give you a speed of about

35 mbt fine for HD video.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RussS
      When using the Fubo app with my magic remote the app goes wildly crazy as I move the remote around. If I do not press the center button to activate the pointer navigation works using left right up down .
    • By Alex
      Automatic Firmware Update
      Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
      Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
      Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
      Choose the General menu from the left.
      Scroll down, near the bottom of the list, and select About this TV.
      From here, make sure Allow automatic updates is checked, and click the Check for updates button.
      If an update is found, follow the steps on screen to download and install it.

• By ccinterod02
      Hi friends, I am developing a small server in a hotel to integrate all our system (home automation, checkin/checkout, door openings and televisions). My idea is to launch a promotional video on the televisions when the door is opened the first time after a checkin  (among other things). can I do it with a smart tv with webOS? If so, how can I do it?
      Thanks in advance
    • By News Reporter
      The inspiring LG Objet Collection has gained a global fan base since its worldwide launch in 2021, and for good reason. Through its understated designs and diverse materials and colors, this sophisticated collection of premium appliances and devices extends the opportunity to curate living spaces that reflect unique lifestyles and preferences like no other.

To raise the bar even higher for the ‘smart home’ experience, LG Vietnam recently launched the ‘LG Objet House’ at Flamingo Dai Lai Resort. Just 45 kilometers north of Hanoi, this all-new brand space and resort is fully equipped with state-of-the-art appliances from the LG Objet Collection.

Within the elegant four walls of the LG Objet House, the harmony effortlessly created by LG Objet products blurs the line between modern home appliances and high-end furniture. Together, these stylish, innovative appliances complete a seamless living space that honors the distinctive style of the homeowner.

During their stay, visitors can experience what seamless living really means thanks to LG PuriCare Aero Furniture, an air purifier that doubles as a side table; LG OLED Objet Collection Posé, a lifestyle TV which transforms into a digital frame that expresses every brushstroke of a painting; LG Objet InstaView refrigerator with an edge-to-edge glass that delivers a 23-percent-wider viewing angle; and LG Objet Styler, a premium clothing care system wrapped in a stylish, modern design.

Since every LG Objet innovation has been designed to blend effortlessly into a wide array of living spaces, they are able to complement each room of the LG Objet House. The life-enriching capabilities of this exclusive space is what leaves a lasting impression on visitors. And it goes without saying that every LG device featured in LG Objet House can be monitored and controlled on the LG ThinQ app, a level of connectivity that introduces a new “smart home” standard to the nation.

Aligning with the company’s global strategy to enhance customer experiences, LG Objet House aspires to encourage greater user interaction. “Through the moments of relaxation felt at LG Objet House, we hope to demonstrate the elevated lifestyle our LG Objet Collection makes possible,” said Song Ik-hwan, president of LG Vietnam, during its launch event.

Striking the perfect balance between aesthetics and functionality, the LG Objet Collection has received high praise from around the world. In Vietnam specifically, one of its products was named the “Most Groundbreaking Product Design” of 2023 at Vietnam Design Week (VMARK 2023). These works of art are not only innovative and visually stunning, they also evoke positive emotions by delivering the next-level user experiences that make sure life is always good.

People can now spend their vacation at LG Objet House, the ideal destination for “smart home” advocates thanks to the level of connectivity offered by the LG Objet Collection, a harmonious selection of practical innovations that boast aesthetic appeal with their sophisticated colors, subtle designs and use of sustainable materials.

Contributed by LG Vietnam
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Davor Vratarić
      Hello ,
      I have LG TV OLED55E9PLA with software version 05.30.40.
      I am also using Smart IPTV App.
      I would ask for some help....
      One of the TV channel I often watch is working on VLC player with these 3 lines :
      #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="AvilaTV.ve" tvg-logo="
      link hidden, please login to view" group-title="Venezuela", Avila #EXTVLCOPT:http-referrer=

I tried to put this lines to my Smart IPTV list on my LG TV , but it don't work.
      Is there a solution to make this channel work with Smart IPTV App,
      since it only allows 2 lines for each channel ?

Thanks for your help