Quantcast

Smart DNS & ITV hub

Tony Levy

Question

I have with the help of this forum been able to get my smart DNS working and can no watch streaming from the BBCi player, and  All4 however I cannot get the ITV hub to work, it loads the program I want to watch but then reverts to a screen saying

'Where is my show etc' and it doesnt play

I do not understand why ITV hub will not work yet the BBCi player and All4 and Both work

My5 also does not work but I get the error message you must be in the UK to view this content

10 answers to this question

I am afraid ITV and My5 dont work on smartdns there is no work around 

for this  the only otherway is via vpn as you have Nordvpn maybe you

can use this to see ITV etc.

Otherwise you would need a special vpn router useing ddwrt or tomato

firmware maybe  

link hidden, please login to view

i use one works fine on openvpn from Nordvpn had one for many years

now.

• Like 1

Yes i understand i dont know which isp you use or

which country you are in but normally on a isp router

you have 4 internet ports as i have i use one for my sabai

router, if your isp router only has one internet port then

you can put the router in bridge mode then you just cable

to your own  new router.

By the way what kind of speed do you have on your broadband.

Just post if you need any advice.

I use smart DNS and had a lot of problems as I live in a different country. I solved it by switching the location to London a switched the auto time setting to off. I get all UK terrestrial channels  np problem and 1 advantage was that the local channels that normally broadcast English language programs in a dubbed format are suddenly in English. I use Asus router with Merlin software installed.

I live in Spain and my tv has an inbuilt sat receiver which is linked via our satellite dish and I have always got the UK terrestrial channels but not ITV hub, I use an iptv subscription to receive other channels for watching Sport and Movies and my router is a Huawei HS8456 and have a subscription to Nordvpn but cannot connect Nord to my router 

I use smart DNS and had a lot of problems as I live in a different country. I solved it by switching the location to London a switched the auto time setting to off. I get all UK terrestrial channels  np problem and 1 advantage was that the local channels that normally broadcast English language programs in a dubbed format are suddenly in English. I use Asus router with Merlin software installed.

I'm in Spain also but can't get terrestrial tv via satellite so also use iptv. I had no problems until IP provider changed his system. I had to change my router and the cheapest option was ASUS and install Merlin, which was really straightforward. I was using a kodi box but then changed TV to an LG. I had problems as I set it initially for Spain and then found I couldn't get any UK terrestrial. I eventually found out that by putting the location as UK and the time as I said it all worked. I use videophone and have smartDNS in the router but can add a VPN to my PC as needed. I have never had to use one on the TV.

Just to explain what a Sabai vpn router can do 

if it is on a UK openvpn setup this will then give

you a UK ip addresse which will transmit to your

TV, PC, Apple tv box,Tablet,Phone,via wifi

or cable, with this you can see all UK apps

The best router from Sabai is a Netgear R7000

price is $ 349 this will give you a speed of about

35 mbt fine for HD video.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kingroy
      Can not access to my LG store. After click on it going to load, but redirecting to previeous page. Also can not access to my LG store account. Any suggestions? 
      Model 42LB6520-TB.
      Best,
      Constantine
    • By Technophobe
      hello
      we just bought the LG OLED 65C1 tv.  on our previous Samsung tv we were able to use a Samsung sound bar connected via hdmi and wireless headphones that plugged into the audio port on the tv.   

for some reason we can't get the sound bar and headphones to work at the same time.

we have tried plugging sound bar into optical port rather than hdmi and the headphones into audio port but still we can't get them to work at the same time.
      what do I need to do to get both sound bar and headphones to work at the same time??

thanks
    • By News Reporter
      SEOUL, Nov. 30, 2021 – As a longtime CES exhibitor, LG Electronics plans to create a new approach to engaging audiences to experience LG’s latest technology innovations at CES 2022.
      As always, CES represents the global launchpad for dozens of new LG products. At its traditional location – the 22,000-square-foot booth at the main entrance to the Central Hall in the Las Vegas Convention Center – LG will seamlessly connect visitors from the physical space to LG’s virtual experience leveraging both virtual and augmented reality. Constructed of upcycled, recycled and recyclable materials, the welcoming space will feature a series of kiosks where visitors can experience the best life possible with LG products.
      Visitors will take a self-guided tour using QR codes as they navigate through the physical experience, interacting with CES 2022 Innovation Award-winning LG consumer electronics and home appliance products via AR. Other kiosks will feature immersive VR digital art including LG’s immersive curved OLED video walls from CES over the years, a show favorite. Wherever they may be, audiences around the world will be able to access the same content and participate digitally in the LG CES experience.
      What’s more, LG has again been named official CES technology partner for the press rooms and member lounges, which will feature award-winning LG OLED TVs.
      “We look forward to seeing what LG, a long-time innovation leader at CES, has in store for visitors in January,” said Karen Chupka, executive vice president of CES at the Consumer Technology Association, the organizer of CES. “CES 2022 will enable attendees in Las Vegas to experience LG’s technology using AR and VR. Audience joining CES digitally from across the globe will be able to experience the same ground breaking tech, through LG’s digital activation.”
      # # #

• By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@ LG :  if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob
    • By News Reporter
      Hopes and aspirations for a good life are universal desires. However, defining what constitutes a good life differs from person to person, culture to culture – there’s just no limit to the myriad of possibilities that brings a ray of light into our lives. This is why LG joined forces with up-and-coming director Jackson Tisi and budding artists around the globe for its Life’s Good Film Project. After all, there’s no better medium than the artistic voice of young souls to explore the multifaceted perspectives that shape our world and the future.

This year, LG called on 531 young auteurs from 33 countries to capture the peoples, cultures and landscapes around the world that highlight the good in life. Tisi led the way with his exceptional creative vision, weaving the clips together into a vibrant 20-minute . The impactful collaboration was shaped around LG’s optimistic message, Life’s Good, but the story is told in the voice of the young visionaries through the lens of their own unique and powerful experiences, delivering a colorful variety to the project both in terms of subject matter and aesthetic visuals.

The film delves into the multitude conditions of the human existence within six chapters that embody a unique element of a good life – from the beauty of nature, the vitality of physical movement, personal growth nurtured in times of solitude to the togetherness and warmth of a close-knit community. The final chapter depicts today’s young generation united in celebration of life, eloquently bringing the film to a close. This emotionally uplifting message – and the amazing depth and range of visual sensations that it accompanies – was lauded by several film industry outlets.

The Life’s Good Film, delivering LG’s brand message, but also gaining sympathy from all around the world in the creative and sophisticated manners, was named a winning entry in well-established film festivals such as the and the . The and nominated the entry as a finalist and the named it second-finalist, a rare feat among brand collaboration films. The much-praised film will be reaching a wider public audience with official screenings at the , , and the in the coming weeks.

“LG hopes to bring a better tomorrow to everyone, especially for the benefit of the younger generation,” said Lee Jung-suk, head of LG’s Global Marketing Center. “We will continue to spread our iconic brand narrative by empowering tomorrow’s leaders and storytellers as the messengers.”
      # # #