Quantcast

LG 75UN85006LA eARC issue

Question

Having eARC engaged in the TV settings and sending Atmos etc to an eARC enabled Samsung sound bar causes the sound bar to power down after appx 18 minutes and diverts the audio to the TV's inbuilt sound system. Disengaging  eARC on the TV resolves the problem and still sends Atmos via ARC. This has only occurred since the most recent software upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, td47 said:

@Leonard King It may well be the update, BUT have you ensured that you have the latest spec (2.0 or 2.1) HDMI cables in use that fully support all your required eARC or ARC functions? It might just be that the latest updates has made the TV follow eARC spec more stringently.

Yeah, cables OK: Belkin Ultra High Speed 2.1. I'm not too fussed to TBH as I can get everything via ARC as long as Dolby Digital Plus is engaged in TV's audio settings. I was more interested in whether this was a common issue or exclusive to my set and should LG be informed.

@Leonard King Hi, I just happended to re-visit this interesting post of yours back from August. It seems that the Samsung sound-bar power-down during idle/no-signal can be set to OFF mode. However, I am unsure if the problem as you described it, is that since the FW upgrade, even with an active sound signal, and eARC active, the Samsung Sound bar was STILL powering down unexpectedly when before it was not?  Anyway, here is the link to do that, and you could then enable eARC again, to get back the CEC power-control functionality etc. :

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Punisa
      I do not have sound on application for Balkanium TV. All other apps are ok.
      What should I do?
    • By Mak
      Hi I'm trying to find out if a problem I have is a problem of my LG 49U67V TV or my modem's problem.
      Some times ( irregular pattern)  when I try to connect to some kind of web service (browser,  YouTube, Netflix),  I can't connect or the speed is too slow. My TV is connected via Wi-Fi.
      When check the Wi-Fi and internet connection trough the settings Evey thing looks OK. At the same time my Android phones connect superbly and if I measure my internet speed via fast.com from phone or PC everything is OK.  I found 2 solution for  this
      A.   either restarting the modem and then everything is OK the connection superb etc.
      B. Going to settings, disconnect from my router and reconnect (you know adding again the router password). Then everything is back to normal. 
      The TV does not seem to have any other issue.  
      I've tried to go back to factory settings. I've noticed the problem again. In irregular pattern it appears no standard time or pattern of appearance.
      Could it be that my modem router is the problem?  I have this modem for over 3 years. 
      I will try another to be sure. LG here said "we can check your TV but if we don't find anything you (me that is)  will have to pay for pick up and delivery expenses. 
      clarification 
      The TV seems to be connected during this problem. Just it does not stream data from the internet or it does in low speeds. Netflix speed test shows it at really low speeds or disconnected while in settings it seems connected. Strength of Wi-Fi signal,  superb

• By Colin Todd
      After using iPlayer app on my lg nano TV when I tune to BBC 1 be, the audio starts in sync but rapidly goes to several seconds delay .
    • By Stephen Davies
      Hello,
      I've just bought the 2020 LGNANO866 and also an Amazon Echo, which amongst other uses, I wanted to sync with the LG TV in order to have an additional speaker at the rear of the room. So far, my attempts (in the LG 'Sounds' out settings) have enabled the Echo to connect via Blutooth : this gives the TV sound ONLY through the Echo speaker and NO sound through the TV.  The LG rep. I contacted suggested adding the Echo via the 'Surround Sound' setting, which I tried with the result : sound from TV speaker great as normal, but weak, muffled &  'echoey/delayed' sound from the Echo speaker. Attempting to tweak volume and other settings in  Surround Sound made no difference. Awful!
      Am I doing something wrong and if so, can someone please show me the right way to achieve something that I (mistakenly thought!) would be relatively easy to achieve?
      Thanks,
      Stephen.

• By soheil rayatdoost
      Hi,

I update MY TV WebOS last night  (Version 05.30.10)), then I cannot stream from my Android phone anymore! It worked perfectly with the pervious version.
      Do you know if LG fix it or I should downgrade to the previous version? 
      How can I downgrade it?