Quantcast

LG 75UN85006LA eARC issue

Question

Having eARC engaged in the TV settings and sending Atmos etc to an eARC enabled Samsung sound bar causes the sound bar to power down after appx 18 minutes and diverts the audio to the TV's inbuilt sound system. Disengaging  eARC on the TV resolves the problem and still sends Atmos via ARC. This has only occurred since the most recent software upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, td47 said:

@Leonard King It may well be the update, BUT have you ensured that you have the latest spec (2.0 or 2.1) HDMI cables in use that fully support all your required eARC or ARC functions? It might just be that the latest updates has made the TV follow eARC spec more stringently.

Yeah, cables OK: Belkin Ultra High Speed 2.1. I'm not too fussed to TBH as I can get everything via ARC as long as Dolby Digital Plus is engaged in TV's audio settings. I was more interested in whether this was a common issue or exclusive to my set and should LG be informed.

@Leonard King Hi, I just happended to re-visit this interesting post of yours back from August. It seems that the Samsung sound-bar power-down during idle/no-signal can be set to OFF mode. However, I am unsure if the problem as you described it, is that since the FW upgrade, even with an active sound signal, and eARC active, the Samsung Sound bar was STILL powering down unexpectedly when before it was not?  Anyway, here is the link to do that, and you could then enable eARC again, to get back the CEC power-control functionality etc. :

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By cb4332
      Hi guys, I have an older received (Arcam AVR300) that only support optical input, so I was able to add it manually via Connected Devices, and can control the volume and mute, however I can't turn it off quickly (can only do it via the "..." button and selected sound bar and then power). This work, but is it possible to map this to lets say the top box on/off button or even some other button? Maybe even some cable I would but to make this work. The old remove is dead so I need a way out and the receiver is old and I don't want to keep it on always. Thanks
    • By Rahulendra Bhaskar
      Dear LG Team,
      I would like to know is there any possibility to get latest entertainment app like Disney++Hotstar, ZEE5, Voot etc. for the LG web OS 2.0 models?
      My TV Model is 42LF6500.
      Positive reply expected in this regard, because I am dedicated and valuable customer of LG brand.
      Thanks in advance.
    • By C C
      [Feature-Request] Set power on to last HDMI input

Not sure if this feature request would be part of LG webOS or would require changes to some lower level control software for my TV.
      But... It seems that every time I switch it on, it seemingly randomly selects a HDMI input, I  mostly use the same HDMI input so I wanted to ask for a feature request in the next software update that makes the TV remember the last selected HDMI input so I don't have to keep manually selecting it.
      In addition, maybe a second option in the TVs settings that can auto select the input based on there being an input signal or not, that might be useful for people that switch devices allot.
      Thanks
    • By Matt545322
      Hi,

I purchased an LG OLED55BX6LB yesterday and noticed that when signed into the Youtube app, I'm still getting ads displayed despite it showing 'PREMIUM' on the app. Not a massive problem as I can just watch Youtube via an nVidia Shield, which doesn't show ads as expected.
      Still, it's annoying. Is this a one-off, or do others have the same issue?
    • By Ravichandran S
      My TV was bought in 2014 55UB850T-TA with WebOS TV version 1.4.0-2337 (afro-ashley). 
      I recently purchased the Disney hotstar subscription. But in the above version the LG content store does not show the Hotstar
      As per the news in this link we are eligible to upgrade to WebOS 2.0. But the automatic updates does not say it as WebOS 2.0 but still WebOS 1.4

link hidden, please login to view Why this discrimination for old users of LG TV? How will I install new apps in this TV?
      Please help.
      Thanks,
      Ravichandran