Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Leonard King

LG 75UN85006LA eARC issue

Question

Having eARC engaged in the TV settings and sending Atmos etc to an eARC enabled Samsung sound bar causes the sound bar to power down after appx 18 minutes and diverts the audio to the TV's inbuilt sound system. Disengaging  eARC on the TV resolves the problem and still sends Atmos via ARC. This has only occurred since the most recent software upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this?

4 answers to this question

@Leonard King It may well be the update, BUT have you ensured that you have the latest spec (2.0 or 2.1) HDMI cables in use that fully support all your required eARC or ARC functions? It might just be that the latest updates has made the TV follow eARC spec more stringently.

5 hours ago, td47 said:

@Leonard King It may well be the update, BUT have you ensured that you have the latest spec (2.0 or 2.1) HDMI cables in use that fully support all your required eARC or ARC functions? It might just be that the latest updates has made the TV follow eARC spec more stringently.

Yeah, cables OK: Belkin Ultra High Speed 2.1. I'm not too fussed to TBH as I can get everything via ARC as long as Dolby Digital Plus is engaged in TV's audio settings. I was more interested in whether this was a common issue or exclusive to my set and should LG be informed.

@Leonard King Hi, I just happended to re-visit this interesting post of yours back from August. It seems that the Samsung sound-bar power-down during idle/no-signal can be set to OFF mode. However, I am unsure if the problem as you described it, is that since the FW upgrade, even with an active sound signal, and eARC active, the Samsung Sound bar was STILL powering down unexpectedly when before it was not?  Anyway, here is the link to do that, and you could then enable eARC again, to get back the CEC power-control functionality etc. :

link hidden, please login to view

Thanks for that info. I'm not really fussed about the sound bar powering down when inactive TBH. In fact it makes good sense. The power down during active use is a pain though, but as the Atmos signal can still be passed (via HDMI ARC ) even when not activated in the settings resolves it for me.