Quantcast

LG 75UN85006LA eARC issue

Question

Having eARC engaged in the TV settings and sending Atmos etc to an eARC enabled Samsung sound bar causes the sound bar to power down after appx 18 minutes and diverts the audio to the TV's inbuilt sound system. Disengaging  eARC on the TV resolves the problem and still sends Atmos via ARC. This has only occurred since the most recent software upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, td47 said:

@Leonard King It may well be the update, BUT have you ensured that you have the latest spec (2.0 or 2.1) HDMI cables in use that fully support all your required eARC or ARC functions? It might just be that the latest updates has made the TV follow eARC spec more stringently.

Yeah, cables OK: Belkin Ultra High Speed 2.1. I'm not too fussed to TBH as I can get everything via ARC as long as Dolby Digital Plus is engaged in TV's audio settings. I was more interested in whether this was a common issue or exclusive to my set and should LG be informed.

@Leonard King Hi, I just happended to re-visit this interesting post of yours back from August. It seems that the Samsung sound-bar power-down during idle/no-signal can be set to OFF mode. However, I am unsure if the problem as you described it, is that since the FW upgrade, even with an active sound signal, and eARC active, the Samsung Sound bar was STILL powering down unexpectedly when before it was not?  Anyway, here is the link to do that, and you could then enable eARC again, to get back the CEC power-control functionality etc. :

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MicSzy
      TV model OLED65B6P purchased in mid-2017.
      TV software version: 05.60.06
      Web OS: 3.4.0-5706 (dreadlocks-digya)
      This is supposed to be a smart TV, it’s only 4 years old and already it can’t take advantage of recent/new features in applications such as Hulu Live TV and cloud DVR. As a result we can either settle for the older basic Hulu app which doesn’t support Hulu live TV or Hulu cloud DVR, features added by Hulu a year ago when the TV was only 3 years old. The work around is viewing through a separate appliance attached to the TV (like Roku or Fire TV Stick) or broadcasting to the TV from a smart phone or other mobile device, both which add another link in the chain connecting the signal source to the TV, and which introduce audio lagging video.
      Why isn’t LG supporting a very expensive “smart” TV that is less than 4 years old by updating the Web OS?  
      We also own another LG TV, model 32LJ550B-UA, which supports the latest Hulu app with Live TV and cloud DVR. That set was purchased in 2018. Why can’t the same software version and integrated Web OS be applied to our primary viewing TV above? This second set shows:
      TV software version: 06.00.04
      Web OS: 3.9.0-63004 (dreadlocks2-dudhwa)
    • By jikhead
      I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.
    • By Tanni
      My Lg TV which has the smart functions and magic remote is playing up. 
      I often use web browser or you tube or similar apps to watch videos etc. 
      Recently however, it keeps crashing and displays a message to the effect that the memory in the app is low or it need to close to free up more memory? 
      My TV is less then 2 years old and is doing this. I love the telly and the smart features especially the web browser function, however this recent issue is making me think about the longevity of such LG smart TVs and whether I should've spent a few hundred more and got another telly. 

Please can someone advise what I can do to fix this as it takes away the whole point of smart TV. 
      Thanks 
    • By News Reporter
      Perfect for Small Spaces, LG Eclair Features Immersive
      Dolby Atmos Sound and Robust Bass With Low-Vibration

SEOUL, July 19, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the rollout of LG Eclair (model QP5) soundbar, its most compact model to date, starting in North America followed by other regions around the world. A 2021 CES Innovation Award Honoree, this soundbar is a great fit for contemporary lifestyles thanks to its sleek, compact design that fits well in limited spaces while still being able to deliver immersive sound.
      Despite its compact size, LG Eclair delivers powerful performance with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X support while still keeping peace with the neighbors with its low vibration, power bass subwoofer. Measuring only 296 x 59.9 x 126mm – only one-third the width of LG’s previously smallest 3.1.2 channel Atmos soundbar, SP8YA – LG Eclair features a chic oval design and jersey fabric in classic black or white that blend in seamlessly with any modern décor.
      LG Eclair’s advanced, 3.1.2 channel system with wireless subwoofer employs Meridian Audio’s tuning and technology to deliver exceptional detail and spatiality. Meridian’s Horizon technology up-mixes two channel stereo content into immersive, multichannel audio to deliver a wider soundstage for a truly immersive listening experience with tonal balance that remains authentic to the original recording.
      LG Eclair offers an enhanced viewing experience thanks to 4K pass-through support which allows viewers to enjoy stunning 4K and HDR content, including Dolby Vision, on their favorite streaming services. What’s more, adaptive LG AI Sound Pro analyzes the content being played and automatically applies the best sound settings, depending on which genre of content the user is enjoying, whether it’s news, music or cinema.
      Not only does LG Eclair make sound come alive, it’s also designed with convenience in mind, requiring fewer cables without sacrificing sound quality. This is possible because enhanced audio return channel (eARC) support allows for the lossless transmission of 5.1-channel, 7.1-channel and immersive audio such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X on compatible TVs. Owners of 2021 LG TVs will also benefit from authentic and clear sound with TV Sound Mode Share, which combines the processing power of LG’s latest α (Alpha) AI processors and AI Sound Pro to reveal rich nuances of the content source.1
      Beyond sound performance, LG designed the Eclair not only to elevate the home viewing experience but to reduce its impact on the environment. This effort has resulted in LG Eclair being recognized as an Eco-Product by SGS Société Générale de Surveillance SA of Switzerland.2
      # # #
      1 TV Sound Mode Share and AI processor version vary by TV model.
      2 SGS Eco-Product certification based on several categories including use of recycled materials in packaging. The soundbar ships in eco-conscious packaging with internal packing material made from recycled molded pulp, an alternative to polystyrene foam and plastic.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Wins Beans
      Hello. There is a 43um7600plb TV (2019) . After the WebOS updating  to 05.10.15, the dynamic contrast function does not work. When switching modes (off, low, medium, high), the contrast does not change. Resetting the settings didn't help.