Quantcast

Can't connect to the Internet

Question

Hi there. I have this problem. I had the LG 49U67V turned off and the power cable not connected to the electricity socket for 4 days. Since reconnecting everything I can't connect to the Web. Neither by WiFi or by ethernet cable. The TV seems connected in the settings. But the the speed is practically zero. This is the case with WiFi and with ethernet. 

No it not the case we're the WiFi disconnects itself and which is solved by disabling the Quick start functionin the settings. 

What happened? 

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By syldev
      Hi
      i am owning a LG-LB670V.
      The TV started to power on only sometimes but is now not powering on at all.
      Once i plug the power cable the front red led is blinking 8 times (the pauses between the blink is not always the same).
      Is anything i can verify/do myself before bringing it to a repair shop ?
      Rm: i tried already with another power socket and by pluggin it directly to it.
      tx!
      Regards
      Syldev
    • By NickL
      Hi,
      I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range.
      I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue?
      Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Br,
      Nick
    • By Mihai B.
      Hello,
      Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 
      Kind regards,
    • By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By Mak
      Hi I'm trying to find out if a problem I have is a problem of my LG 49U67V TV or my modem's problem.
      Some times ( irregular pattern)  when I try to connect to some kind of web service (browser,  YouTube, Netflix),  I can't connect or the speed is too slow. My TV is connected via Wi-Fi.
      When check the Wi-Fi and internet connection trough the settings Evey thing looks OK. At the same time my Android phones connect superbly and if I measure my internet speed via fast.com from phone or PC everything is OK.  I found 2 solution for  this
      A.   either restarting the modem and then everything is OK the connection superb etc.
      B. Going to settings, disconnect from my router and reconnect (you know adding again the router password). Then everything is back to normal. 
      The TV does not seem to have any other issue.  
      I've tried to go back to factory settings. I've noticed the problem again. In irregular pattern it appears no standard time or pattern of appearance.
      Could it be that my modem router is the problem?  I have this modem for over 3 years. 
      I will try another to be sure. LG here said "we can check your TV but if we don't find anything you (me that is)  will have to pay for pick up and delivery expenses. 
      clarification 
      The TV seems to be connected during this problem. Just it does not stream data from the internet or it does in low speeds. Netflix speed test shows it at really low speeds or disconnected while in settings it seems connected. Strength of Wi-Fi signal,  superb

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Mak
      Hi there. I have this problem. I had the LG 49U67V turned off and the power cable not connected to the electricity socket for 4 days. Since reconnecting everything I can't connect to the Web. Neither by WiFi or by ethernet cable. The TV seems connected in the settings. But the the speed is practically zero. This is the case with WiFi and with ethernet. 
      No it not the case we're the WiFi disconnects itself and which is solved by disabling the Quick start functionin the settings. 
      What happened? 
    • By Mohamed Karam
      I subscribed with shahid plus (shahid vip) but the application after i add my LG TV doesn't recognized the subscription after every video and i must wait 10 minutes and then work fine then failed again
    • By akhil7j
      I did a refresh of my LG TV 3 days ago. Sold the old LG 47" 3D LED TV and bought new 55" LG Super UltraHD TV with WebOS. I believe, the biggest con of this new TV is WebOS. Its totally frustrating. Sorry for WebOS fans.
      It isn't that smart and functional they way it looks. The problem I having since 3 days and being a network engineer, I am unable to solve a network issue myself which is even more frustrating for me.
      Ok, let me explain the issue. The TV when installed was connected to LAN cable to my router which has direct internet connection. The TV works and none of the apps were working. Basically TV wasn't able to connect to internet via apps. If i open web browser, it was working fine with all webpages showing correctly.
      I'll skip the part of contacting LG support which was useless. All troubleshooting steps like resetting, formatting, changing time zone, location, region was done but no luck. Finally I connected the TV via mobile hotspot and it just worked which gave me the clue that some ports are being blocked by my ISP or router.
      My internet setup is this way. Internet cable from ISP -> ISP Modem (can do NAT and work as router) - WiFi Router (NAT, DHCP, etc) -> all LAN clients. I put my LG TV in DMZ, opened all ports, etc but no luck. Then I converted my ISP modem as router and connected the LG TV directly to it and it started working..!!!
      My WiFi Router is TP-Link Archer C7 and I was using stock firmware. Thought it was creating issues and I installed DD-WRT, Open-WRT but no luck at all. The apps which were installed in TV when TV was connected directly to modem are still working fine. Youtube, Plex, Netflix, etc all are working but when I open LG Content Store, it just refuses to load.
      I am not sure what wrong my TP-Link router is doing. There is something wrong with the LG TV content store. If it requires to open ports, then I would like to know which ones.
      Sorry for the long port, may be my frustration of 3 days with no luck.!!

• By Salil Surendran
      I have a dual wifi system with one 2.4 GHz frequency  and another 5 Ghz. I get close to 30 Mbps on my LG TV on either. But once I switch off the TV and turn it on after 12 hours or so the internet slows down to 0.3 Mbps. The only that works is to reconnect to another network and the speed returns back only to have the same process repeat. Any way to fix this problem?