Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

bigshuirs

Bluetooth headphones and internal speakers together

Question

I am a bit hard of hearing so use a set of bluetooth headphones with my laptop I would like to use them with my LG tv whilst the rest of the family use the internal speakers to listen to it

but that does not seem possible

any ideas

6 answers to this question

Looks like LG TV only support combinations of Internal Speakers + Wired Headphones and Internal Speakers + Optical output.

You may try a soundbar with such functionality.

• Like 1

Not a simple solution, but not too hard:

I bought an inexpensive optical-analog converter #with headphone jack#! (TOSLInk-analog)

Then, an inexpensive Bluetooth transmitter, to connect to the headphone jack, or 'RCA' connectors.

The TOSLink optical output does not seem to be controlled from the TV volume control, which is probably ideal for you, since you can control volume with the headphone output control from the converter, and the volume control on your headphones

I think it would cost about $30, and is then useful for any TV, or device that needs a Bluetooth transmitter-

I found this one on Amazon.de ...

link hidden, please login to view

Not sure how reliable the suppliers are... I ordered a similar one a while ago, and it never arrived, but, here's a staring point, and supports 2 headphones at once.

Here's a "single box solution"

link hidden, please login to view

hope this is some kind of help... the LG TV that I have sucks for Bluetooth, or audio output, generally... sigh...

I AM USING A BLUETOOTH TRANSMITTER FOR LISTENING TO THE AUDIO ON MY BT HEADPHONES, WHEN OTHERS ARE NOT TO BE DISTURBED. THIS I DID AFTER EXPLORING ALL AVENUES OF USING BT HEADPHONES ON LG TV DIRECTLY.

I INTERESTED IN USING THE OPTICAL AUDIO OUTPUT ALSO,  STILL NOT FOUND AN ECONOMIC ALTERNATIVE FOR THE SAME

I AM USING A BLUETOOTH TRANSMITTER FOR LISTENING TO THE AUDIO ON MY BT HEADPHONES, WHEN OTHERS .. 

Was it necessary to write all that in caps? It was hard to read.