Quantcast

Bluetooth headphones and internal speakers together

bigshuirs

Question

7 answers to this question

Not a simple solution, but not too hard:

I bought an inexpensive optical-analog converter #with headphone jack#! (TOSLInk-analog)

Then, an inexpensive Bluetooth transmitter, to connect to the headphone jack, or 'RCA' connectors.

The TOSLink optical output does not seem to be controlled from the TV volume control, which is probably ideal for you, since you can control volume with the headphone output control from the converter, and the volume control on your headphones

I think it would cost about $30, and is then useful for any TV, or device that needs a Bluetooth transmitter-

I found this one on Amazon.de ...

link hidden, please login to view

Not sure how reliable the suppliers are... I ordered a similar one a while ago, and it never arrived, but, here's a staring point, and supports 2 headphones at once.

Here's a "single box solution"

hope this is some kind of help... the LG TV that I have sucks for Bluetooth, or audio output, generally... sigh...

I AM USING A BLUETOOTH TRANSMITTER FOR LISTENING TO THE AUDIO ON MY BT HEADPHONES, WHEN OTHERS ARE NOT TO BE DISTURBED. THIS I DID AFTER EXPLORING ALL AVENUES OF USING BT HEADPHONES ON LG TV DIRECTLY.

I INTERESTED IN USING THE OPTICAL AUDIO OUTPUT ALSO,  STILL NOT FOUND AN ECONOMIC ALTERNATIVE FOR THE SAME

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By appie
      I have an LG 43UR80006LJ TV. Because of hearing difficulties, I generally use bluetooth iphone earpods headphones when watching the TV.  As far as I have been able to determine, there appears to be no way to use the headphones and also have the TV speakers working at the same time. This means that if I'm watching TV, no one else can watch and listen unless they have headphones.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to have the headphones and TV speakers working at the same time? Thx
    • By robp
      55UJ651V After a few minutes, the Bluetooth clicks and disconnects. Sometimes it then re-starts the tv into the on mode, with nothing selected. It will not find the bluetooth device again. Unless, I try a different Blutooth device and then it does the same thing all over again. Is there any answer to this - or does the module need replacing. There seems to be a lot of discussion online regarding Bluetooth issues with LG. I have hearing issues and must use headphones! This is impossible!
    • By 152bobby
      I have been trying to get my Google Home and Nest Audio Speakers to turn my LG OLED65C24LA TV on and off.   I have linked ThinQ to Google Home but it still wouldn't work.  So plan B was to get a Chromecast to do this one simple voice activated request....I have no intentions of using Chromecast for anything else!
      So this actually does work, however, when asking it to turn the TV on, it defaults to the home page of Chromecast TV, I want it to just open to my normal TV system, which is Sky Q.  Ideally, I would like to disconnect the Chromecast and just get Google Home and ThinQ to do this !!
      I have checked every setting and trawled the internet for a solution.  I've posted on the AV Forum in the UK and the Google Forum and I'm waiting on a call back from LG Support UK.
      I expected this to be a VERY simple task !!
      Can anyone help with this ?
    • By Ririo
      How to set up bluetooth only audio output. Thé only option offert is bluetooth+ loudspeaker

• By JamesH
      I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.
      How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?