Quantcast

HBO GO app doesn't work since last update

Question

HBO GO app doesn't work since it was updated on 28th of May.  App starts up, HBO GO logo shows up, then the rotating circles shown ... forever, nothing more happens

To fix this I've tried the followings:

- restarted IPS router
- connected TV to my phone (through wi-fi) so internet was connected through 4G, means there is no IPS/router/local net related problem
- deleted app, restarted TV (unplugged power, switched quick start option off in TV menu), reinstalled app many times
- checked if theres any WebOS updates, no updates found, it is up-to-date
- HBO GO works well on all other devices at home (AndroidTV box for an other TV, laptops, phones, tablets)
- all other apps are working well on the TV (Emby, Netflix, Youtube etc)

Despite all these no changes unfortunately, still doesn't functioning.

Type: 55UK6300MLB, WebOS is latest version.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By NickL
      Hi,
      I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range.
      I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue?
      Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Br,
      Nick
    • By JB Atw
      When trying to use apps that need an internet connection I get an error (-106) saying that there is no connection. When I go to settings -> Network -> Wifi it says that wifi is turned off and I need to turn it on to see available networks. Well there's no switch or option to turn wifi on. I've had it connected to wifi before. Also sometimes it disconnects and then I have to go back in and tell it to connect again. This is the first time its said the wifi was off.
      I did a google search and the results that came up were for WebOs 1.0, even though it was written in 2017, and I have WebOs 3.0. It said hold the settings button until a box appears in the top right of the screen and input 0 0 0 0 then adjust the baud rate. First no box shows up on the 3.0 and two its not the baud rate I'm trying to adjust.
      I tried calling customer support to get to technical support. The automated system is garbage by the way. Then I found out they are only open Monday through Friday as if customers never have a problem on the weekend.
      This is my third stop looking for an answer. This problem is causing my dislike of LG products to grow even more. So if anyone has had this problem and figured it out I would greatly appreciate your help and thanks in advance for your time and help.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      Product - from Settings -> General -> About this Tv
      Software version = 05.30.02
      TV Information  = [LG] webOS TV OLED55C6P
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Carolyn Steinberg
      For the past few months I am getting intermittent pop up messages on my TV.
      1st one says Wired LAN disconnected, then another message pops up and says Network connected. I have been calling my cable carrier Spectrum and Techs have been here and can't find problem. Also I went to check my wifi on my TV and my user name and connections aren't showing up all of a sudden. This TV was just purchased May 2017. What is going on and how to resolve!!
    • By Mak
      Hi everyone. I have a LG 49U67V TV. 
      I updated my internet connection to  fiber 100Mbps. My new router  uses both 2.4 & 5.0GHz frequencies. With my mobile phone I check my Internet speed with fast.com and it is 100Mbps. My TV connected also via WiFi in the same network can't reach with fast.com more than 12Mbps. What is the problem? Does my TV not support higher speeds? 
      If I change the router settings to transmit only in the 2.4GHz frequency, would something change? Would I loose speed in other devices such us my laptop and phones? 
      No can't connect via cable to the router. And I'm afraid to pay 50€ or more for a power connection 
      I tried something else. I connected my  tplink WiFi range extender and then via ethernet cable my TV to this range extender. The problem here is that also the range extender can't reach more than 15 Mbps of speed. I tried to conect my phone to the extender and the result was the same the extender did not achieve more than 15Mbps in fast.com. So the extender had also issues achieving the speed of the ne router