Quantcast

Bluetooth Dongle

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well, I have tried at least a dozen of them... from cheap $4 to $25 USB dongles but none was recognized by the LG WebOS. 

My Magic Remote stopped working on my TV and then I tried other remote from my other LG Smart TV, realized that its not the remote but the Built in Bluetooth Receiver has conked off. 

So, been trying all sorts of Bluetooth dongles including some claimed to work on LG TV, still no luck. LG Support is not much helpful either with it.

I get the same reply to change the remote...!!! 

On 5/17/2020 at 12:12 PM, Rajeev said:

Well, I have tried at least a dozen of them... from cheap $4 to $25 USB dongles but none was recognized by the LG WebOS. 

My Magic Remote stopped working on my TV and then I tried other remote from my other LG Smart TV, realized that its not the remote but the Built in Bluetooth Receiver has conked off. 

So, been trying all sorts of Bluetooth dongles including some claimed to work on LG TV, still no luck. LG Support is not much helpful either with it.

I get the same reply to change the remote...!!! 

Why don't u download the LG TV Plus App or LG ThinQ App from the App Store and use your cellphone as a Remote controller. You will control the TV using Wi-Fi connection not Bluetooth 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:30 AM, Siyabonga Tshabalala said:

Why don't u download the LG TV Plus App or LG ThinQ App from the App Store and use your cellphone as a Remote controller. You will control the TV using Wi-Fi connection not Bluetooth 

well, I appreciate your response, the idea is to use the remote control for the purpose it is provided so that anyone in the house can use it. if you try the app, you will notice the lag and repeated disconnection... it is not something that you would expect from a remote control. 

So, after all there is NO More Magic with the Magic remote control...!!! Lol. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.