Bluetooth Dongle

derrrface

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well, I have tried at least a dozen of them... from cheap $4 to $25 USB dongles but none was recognized by the LG WebOS. 

My Magic Remote stopped working on my TV and then I tried other remote from my other LG Smart TV, realized that its not the remote but the Built in Bluetooth Receiver has conked off. 

So, been trying all sorts of Bluetooth dongles including some claimed to work on LG TV, still no luck. LG Support is not much helpful either with it.

I get the same reply to change the remote...!!! 

On 5/17/2020 at 12:12 PM, Rajeev said:

Well, I have tried at least a dozen of them... from cheap $4 to $25 USB dongles but none was recognized by the LG WebOS. 

My Magic Remote stopped working on my TV and then I tried other remote from my other LG Smart TV, realized that its not the remote but the Built in Bluetooth Receiver has conked off. 

So, been trying all sorts of Bluetooth dongles including some claimed to work on LG TV, still no luck. LG Support is not much helpful either with it.

I get the same reply to change the remote...!!! 

Why don't u download the LG TV Plus App or LG ThinQ App from the App Store and use your cellphone as a Remote controller. You will control the TV using Wi-Fi connection not Bluetooth 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:30 AM, Siyabonga Tshabalala said:

Why don't u download the LG TV Plus App or LG ThinQ App from the App Store and use your cellphone as a Remote controller. You will control the TV using Wi-Fi connection not Bluetooth 

well, I appreciate your response, the idea is to use the remote control for the purpose it is provided so that anyone in the house can use it. if you try the app, you will notice the lag and repeated disconnection... it is not something that you would expect from a remote control. 

So, after all there is NO More Magic with the Magic remote control...!!! Lol. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By grabber5.0
      Tried to launch the Amazon Music app on my TV this morning and got this error. This just looks like an expired certificate error, but the app is 1.0.0 and hasn't been updated since release in 2020, so I suspect it's not supported anymore anyway. Anyone have it working on perhaps a newer TV? This one's two or three years old.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• By Matei Fărcaș
      Any word if LG will update their 2013 range to webos, my 42LA620S-ZA is screaming out for webos, gets me mad my tv seems obsolete, give your customers the choice to upgrade, hell I wouldn't mind paying a fee for the update to webos but something tells me my tv is stuck in limbo.
    • By Alex
      webOS TV SDK V1.2.0 Download Installer

Download the proper installer. With the installer, you can choose whether to install with network installer or SDK package. Available packages:

Windows 32-bit Installer_win32.zip (8.13M) Windows 64-bit Installer_win64.zip (7.52M) MacOS 64-bit Installer_maxosx.zip (7.38M) Linux 32-bit Installer_linux32.zip (7.94M) Linux 64-bit Installer_linux64.zip (7.59M)   SDK Package

Download the proper SDK package. To use network installer, you don't need to download the SDK package. Available packages:

Windows 32-bit webOS_SDK_win32.zip (1462.29M) Windows 64-bit webOS_SDK_win64.zip (1466.67M) MacOS 64-bit webOS_SDK_mac64.zip (1451.31M) Linux 32-bit webOS_SDK_linux32.zip (1463.35M) Linux 64-bit webOS_SDK_linux64.zip (1462.28M)  
      Please visit the LG site for complete link hidden, please login to view.

See the for step-by-step instructions.
    • By Nick Payne
      I can stream ABC content using either the iView app on our LG G1 65" OLED, or via the iView Android TV app that is installed on a Chromecast with Google TV that is plugged into one of the G1 HDMI ports. If I stream content using the app on the TV, every few minutes there's a momentary (fraction of a second) interruption to both sound and video. If I stream the same content using the app on the Chromecast, I get no such interruptions. Both TV and Chromecast are using wired Ethernet connections to the same switch, so I can't see that these interruptions are due to a network problem, or I'd see them on both devices. It would seem to be a problem with the app provided on the TV. Other streaming services that we access via apps on the TV (Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, etc) do not show the same problem.
    • By Dpd12463
      So weird; we have apple plus tv on our OLED 65C7P-U.  Can watch shows/movies etc but cannot access or even see advertising for the Friday Night baseball they just added. No updates available, talked to both LG and Apple.  Any help or thoughts are appreciated.