Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

May 12, 2020 - 

link hidden, please login to view

We're pleased to announce the release of webOS Open Source Edition (OSE) 2.5.0.

The highlights of this release are as follows:

• link hidden, please login to view

For more details on this release, see the 

Hardware acceleration based media pipeline for RPi4

This release adds support of hardware acceleration based media pipeline for Raspberry Pi 4 (RPi4). The newly included hardware acceleration based media pipeline enhances the performance of the webOS media framework.

Dual audio output through USB devices

This release enables dual audio output through USB devices.

Nyx GPS module

This release includes the Nyx GPS module support. Nyx is a HW abstraction layer that is responsible for providing platform abstraction porting layers to webOS.

Georgian locale

This release includes the addition of Georgian locale support in i18n/l10n.

CLI update

Command-Line Interface (CLI) has been updated to v1.11.1. For details, see CLI's 

iLib upgrade

iLib, the library used for localization in webOS OSE, has been upgraded from v14.4.0 to v14.6.0. For details, see the library's 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By PVN Satyanarayana
      Hi, I purchased my SMART TV model 43LF6300 in the year 2016 and current Firmware Version 04.06.40. Every one India using their favorite app like Disney Hotstar+, Zee5, Aaha and many more apps but those are not available on my TV which is annoying.. I spent Rs. 54000 to buy LG Smart TV but all the latest apps are not available. Please release the latest Web OS for these models at least Beta version unless the TVs like this will be useless and no one trust LG products. Thanks in advance and hope to receive latest Web OS soon.
    • By Callander
      Brower version is no longer supported. 
      Just update grow it or download desktop app
    • By Rineeth G
      Dear LG team

How to get SONYLIV AND VOOT KIDS app in LG store to install in my LG webos TV
    • By LG user 42LB6500-TH
      LG 42LB6500 is having trouble with display. Fire TV stick, prime video and set top box video are not getting displayed and only audio works. It looks like this is a software issue (current version 05.05.55) and I am not able to fix it by updating software to 05.05.70 via internet (image below) or through usb. Please advice.

• By invinci
      Hello Everyone,

I have 2014 LG 47LB750T tv and I am happy with the TVs performance. It has just updated to newer 05.05.25 firmware. New apps are getting added in the store.

I have been following HotStar app in my phone from quite a long time. It has a very good list of shows and movies list. I was wondering if we can have HotStar app for our WebOS tv as well. Recently DittoTV app has too been added which is a boon for those who have frequent DTH cable connection problem. It directly streams live over the Internet and package is very economical.

If LG Developers can also introduce HotStar app for our LG TV it will be a big boost to the platform as it is very popular in India. They also have their own Original series just like Netflix which are also very good. So requesting devs to kindly introduce HotStar app for our WebOS TVs. Thank You.

Link to the HotStar website:

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      Android and iOS may currently dominate the smartphone operating system space, but a one-time rival is still alive and kicking. It’s just not designed to run on phones anymore.
      Last year LG released webOS Open Source Edition in an effort to bring the software to new platforms. And a series of recent updates have added support for new hardware and laid the groundwork for webOS OSE to be used in automotive systems as well as other types of products,
      WebOS began its life as a smartphone operating system developed by Palm. When HP acquired that company, tablet support was added. After the HP Touchpad tablet was a flop, HP abandoned its smartphone and tablet strategy (for a time) and sold webOS to LG, which has been using it as the foundation for its smart TV software ever since (as well as other smart devices including projectors and refrigerator).
      The operating system uses a Linux kernel and it’s known for introducing some key design elements that are widely used by mobile operating systems today including a card-based user interface.
      As for webOS Open Source Edition, it’s been under active development for the past year and a half or so, but it received a major update last month with the release of webOS OSE version 2.0.
      Among other things, version 2.0 added:
      A new touch-friendly reference user interface with a card-view Home Launcher Support for the Raspberry Pi 4 (which is now the default reference hardware) Dual-display support Firmware-Over-the-Air (FOTA) support Support for tethering (sharing an internet connection with other devices) Additional security enhancements and software updates The FOTA support is particularly interesting, since the release notes point out that it’s “becoming a requirement in the automotive context.” So the addition of support for delivering firmware updates in this way could help pave the way for webOS OSE to be used to power in-vehicle computer systems.
      This week, version 2.1 was released, with various other bug fixes and improvements. It’s a less exciting update, but coming a month after version 2.0, it does suggest that development is continuing at a decent pace.
      Sadly it does not appear that there are any official efforts to bring webOS back to smartphones or tablets… but there is another open-source project aiming to do that. LuneOS is a community driven project that’s been keeping the webOS mobile dream alive since 2014.
      It’s still very much a work in progress, but we’ve seen versions of the software ported to run on modern(ish) devices like the PinePhone.

Source: 
    • By Alex
      Below are latest videos and link at the bottom to the webOS OSE Youtube Channel
      webOS OSE Session in OSCON
      webOS experts had presentations about webOS OSE in OSCON 2018.

Welcome Beanbird Bot
      The Beanbird Bot running with webOS OSE! See what he can do and how.

Congrats. You’ve found webOS OSE.
      Looking for an OS for your new smart device? Here’s webOS OSE that is open source, web app compatible, LG proven, and continuously evolving.

Introducing webOS OSE
      webOS OSE is a web-centric open source software platform for smart devices. 

See all videos on
    • By ajmboy
      With the release of webOS OSE, I'm wondering if it's able to run on the HP Touchpad. I wonder if someone will attempt to port it over.  
      Might give me a reason to pull out the old Touchpad, currently have an older Android system on it and haven't messed with it in over a year.