Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

webOS OSE Youtube Channel

Below are latest videos and link at the bottom to the webOS OSE Youtube Channel

webOS OSE Session in OSCON

webOS experts had presentations about webOS OSE in OSCON 2018.

Welcome Beanbird Bot

The Beanbird Bot running with webOS OSE! See what he can do and how.

Congrats. You’ve found webOS OSE.

Looking for an OS for your new smart device? Here’s webOS OSE that is open source, web app compatible, LG proven, and continuously evolving.

Introducing webOS OSE

webOS OSE is a web-centric open source software platform for smart devices. 

See all videos on

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By KARUPPASAMY KANNAN
      Hi Team,
      I have checked settings->General->About this TV->Software Version - 05.80.25
      I want to know what is the latest version of webOS.
      Please reply this.
    • By ljjones
      OLED65B8 webOS browser won't accept password for Amazon.com account.  Winows Chrome on desktop or Android phone both sign in normally.
      I have several other account sign-ins that do the same thing -- work on desktop but not on TV.  What's going on?
    • By cpatafio
      I've had my LG SmartTV for about 4 years. Up until a few days ago, I was able to view YouTube videos without issue. However, about 3 days ago, I started having problems with YouTube. I can access YouTube and search for videos. But, when I try to start the video, the "waiting" circle appears and never goes away.
      I've tried everything I can think of to troubleshoot this, including cold-starting the TV. But it's still happening. I thought it might be a YouTube problem. But, I'm able to view the videos on my desktop PC and via Roku, with no problem.
      What's going on? Can anyone help...please???
      Thanks...
      Clem
    • By Victors
      Does webOS support Logitech c930c webcamera? I want to buy this cam for my tv but am afraid it might not work

• By KARUPPASAMY KANNAN
      Hi Team,
      I have implemented embed youtube player in my smartTV app. I have developed this app using HTML, CSS and jQuery.
      But I'm facing TV remote focus issue on youtube player controls.
      Can you please provide solutions, how to achieve this.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      May 12, 2020 - 
      link hidden, please login to view We're pleased to announce the release of webOS Open Source Edition (OSE) 2.5.0.
      The highlights of this release are as follows:
      link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view link hidden, please login to view For more details on this release, see the 
      link hidden, please login to view. Hardware acceleration based media pipeline for RPi4
      This release adds support of hardware acceleration based media pipeline for Raspberry Pi 4 (RPi4). The newly included hardware acceleration based media pipeline enhances the performance of the webOS media framework.
      Dual audio output through USB devices
      This release enables dual audio output through USB devices.
      Nyx GPS module
      This release includes the Nyx GPS module support. Nyx is a HW abstraction layer that is responsible for providing platform abstraction porting layers to webOS.
      Georgian locale
      This release includes the addition of Georgian locale support in i18n/l10n.
      CLI update
      Command-Line Interface (CLI) has been updated to v1.11.1. For details, see CLI's 
      link hidden, please login to view. iLib upgrade
      iLib, the library used for localization in webOS OSE, has been upgraded from v14.4.0 to v14.6.0. For details, see the library's 
      link hidden, please login to view.
    • By VEzVE
      LG55UG870 3D 4K TV, webos 2, tv software version 04.05.85, YouTube update on 16 March 2020 to app version 1.0.70 made it unusable as it just load black screen. 
      What is going on? 
    • By Alex
      Android and iOS may currently dominate the smartphone operating system space, but a one-time rival is still alive and kicking. It’s just not designed to run on phones anymore.
      Last year LG released webOS Open Source Edition in an effort to bring the software to new platforms. And a series of recent updates have added support for new hardware and laid the groundwork for webOS OSE to be used in automotive systems as well as other types of products,
      WebOS began its life as a smartphone operating system developed by Palm. When HP acquired that company, tablet support was added. After the HP Touchpad tablet was a flop, HP abandoned its smartphone and tablet strategy (for a time) and sold webOS to LG, which has been using it as the foundation for its smart TV software ever since (as well as other smart devices including projectors and refrigerator).
      The operating system uses a Linux kernel and it’s known for introducing some key design elements that are widely used by mobile operating systems today including a card-based user interface.
      As for webOS Open Source Edition, it’s been under active development for the past year and a half or so, but it received a major update last month with the release of webOS OSE version 2.0.
      Among other things, version 2.0 added:
      A new touch-friendly reference user interface with a card-view Home Launcher Support for the Raspberry Pi 4 (which is now the default reference hardware) Dual-display support Firmware-Over-the-Air (FOTA) support Support for tethering (sharing an internet connection with other devices) Additional security enhancements and software updates The FOTA support is particularly interesting, since the release notes point out that it’s “becoming a requirement in the automotive context.” So the addition of support for delivering firmware updates in this way could help pave the way for webOS OSE to be used to power in-vehicle computer systems.
      This week, version 2.1 was released, with various other bug fixes and improvements. It’s a less exciting update, but coming a month after version 2.0, it does suggest that development is continuing at a decent pace.
      Sadly it does not appear that there are any official efforts to bring webOS back to smartphones or tablets… but there is another open-source project aiming to do that. LuneOS is a community driven project that’s been keeping the webOS mobile dream alive since 2014.
      It’s still very much a work in progress, but we’ve seen versions of the software ported to run on modern(ish) devices like the PinePhone.

Source: 
    • By Ian Mikutel
      Just purchased a new C9 65" and when playing YouTube videos at any speed faster than 1x on WebOS, the audio in the video distorts. A friend confirmed the same on his LG. Is this a known issue, any workarounds, or anyone we can notify on WebOS team to help address?