Quantcast

Software Upgrade Via USB from 3.3.4 to 5.5.8  55UH652V

Scranax

Question

Hi Team,

I have 2 LG smart TV's the one in question is a 

link hidden, please login to view
This TV is around 3 years old and on Software 3.3.4. All is working fine currently.

The reason for this question is due to purchasing an Amazon Alexa. I only realized after the fact my TV was WEBOS and not ThinQ AI..
Now if I search for an update "over the air" I get a message saying I am currently up to date.

My first question is if I am on Software 3.3.4 will it only search for patches of that version? It will not upgrade to a completely new release (4.0) by itself as It does say it is up to date currently?
My TV has (TF) at the end of the model designation but LG seems to list generically for that model, Is this just a regional version? 

They also provide a software file to upgrade to 5.5.8, Will this work on my TF model via USB? What format do I need? FAT32 or NTFS?

Cheers

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.