Quantcast

Software Upgrade Via USB from 3.3.4 to 5.5.8  55UH652V

Scranax

Question

Hi Team,

I have 2 LG smart TV's the one in question is a 

link hidden, please login to view
This TV is around 3 years old and on Software 3.3.4. All is working fine currently.

The reason for this question is due to purchasing an Amazon Alexa. I only realized after the fact my TV was WEBOS and not ThinQ AI..
Now if I search for an update "over the air" I get a message saying I am currently up to date.

My first question is if I am on Software 3.3.4 will it only search for patches of that version? It will not upgrade to a completely new release (4.0) by itself as It does say it is up to date currently?
My TV has (TF) at the end of the model designation but LG seems to list generically for that model, Is this just a regional version? 

They also provide a software file to upgrade to 5.5.8, Will this work on my TF model via USB? What format do I need? FAT32 or NTFS?

Cheers

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Coming to Earlier LG Smart TV Models, webOS Re:New Program Gives More Users
      Access to the Elevated Home Entertainment Experience Most Recent Platform Provides

SEOUL, Jan. 4, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) announced that it is offering the latest upgrade* of the webOS smart TV platform to owners of older LG Smart TVs, effectively evolving their smart TV into the ultimate home entertainment hub.
      In early 2024, the webOS Re:New program will bring the latest webOS upgrade to every model in LG’s 2022 OLED TV lineup, LG OLED Flex, LG OLED Objet Collection Posé as well as LG’s 2022 QNED Mini LED 8K (QNED99/95 series), promising users the joy of a new TV experience for the next five years. This upgrade will be extended to more LG TVs worldwide in the future to add more entertainment and versatility to the TV experience across the world.
      With the latest version of webOS, LG Smart TV owners can enjoy an even more personalized TV experience with a Home Screen that greets users with recommendations according to their tastes. The user interface is highly customizable, which means viewers can personalize the selection of content and services and access them with even greater ease. And to make the process even more seamless, the Quick Card UI intuitively sorts diverse content and services into categories like music, games and sports within a user-centric interface that resembles mobile user interface design.
      What’s more, courtesy of advanced security technology and an optimized operating system, users are protected with a high level of stability, security and seamlessness throughout the entire viewing experience.
      With more LG Smart TVs adopting the latest webOS upgrade, content providers and service developers will have more opportunities to spread new content, services and features to a wider audience.
      LG has shared its bold vision to become a media and entertainment platform, a business transformation that will enrich customers’ lives by delivering valuable services and a unique collection of curated content across its wide-ranging products. Powering more than 200 million LG Smart TVs worldwide, webOS will continue to evolve through significant upgrades to constantly revolutionize the customer experience. LG is poised to invest heavily in its webOS business to secure a vast library of content and services so that it can cater to the diverse lifestyles and preferences of consumers, strengthening its competitive edge in content selection and convenience.
      “Demonstrated by the constant improvement to the webOS platform’s UX and UI, LG is firmly dedicated to elevating convenience and security, ensuring that users benefit from a hassle-free and secure experience when using our products,” said Baik Seon-pill, leader of the LG Home Entertainment Company’s Product Planning Division. “We strive to provide life-enriching experiences for our customers by delivering a wide range of content and services on our TVs.”
      The LG Home Entertainment Company’s latest innovations will be on show at CES 2024 from January 9-12 at the LG booth (#16008, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with all of LG’s exciting announcements at CES, visit
      link hidden, please login to view and . # # #
      * Pop-up notifications offering a full upgrade without the need to select specific UX, UI or features are only sent to customers who have agreed to receive them. Please note that this upgrade does not cover the TV’s hardware performance, features or durability.

• By Maher1976
      Hi
      I have smart LG tv 2015 model 42LY760H. 
      I think I have WebOs-1 .
      I am trying to find update to download it on USB stick but I couldn't find even on lg official website. 
      Do you have any useful information or link to help me.
      Thank you 
    • By Debojit Kundu
      Hi I recently updated the software to 5.30 version, and after that I noticed a weird problem with video streaming, in general issue with internet bandwidth. Usually my b/w is ~35 mbps so that is sufficient for 4k streaming on youtube or netflix. The issue is after running for 10-15 mins if I pause the video or go backward the network speed is thrashing badly. For example when I check internet connection on netflix it shows ~30-35 mbps, but whne that problem occurs and I check the speed again I see the speed is dropped to <1mbps. Same with youtube, it can't load 4k videos anymore as the speed is ~1mbps. I can realize the problem as the thumbnails load very slow with scrolling. This problem does not get away unless I restart the TV or disconnect from wifi AP and connect back. The router always works fine I mean when I observe the problem on tv I can run videos on mobile seamlessly and see a speed of ~40 mbps on the same router. The router is kept next to the TV so I don't think it is some issue with wifi distance etc. I don't know what to do. I tried resetting but it removed all my app but it was actually not a so called "factory reset". So software version remained same. To rule out hardware problem I want to revert to previous version of the software but apparently I can't downgrade the software. Is there any other approach to load some previous version firmware?
    • By Alex
      There's been a lot of frustration over the years since LG aquired webOS and moved it into all their TVs, specifically around software updates. After a year or so, updates are not always available, mostly due to model and hardware limitations. Now come teh 2024 webOS TVs and LG is promising to keep you updated for at least five years! That's quite a turnaround from years past..

The news is part of the recent 2024 QNED Announcement:
      LG 2024 QNED TVs also elevate the home entertainment experience with versatile personalization and increased convenience. With the webOS Re:New program,* LG is offering an upgrade to the latest version of its webOS smart TV platform to give more smart TV owners the most up-to-date user experience for the next five years. This notable offer comes to LG QNED Mini LED 8K models launched in 2022 (QNED99 and QNED95 series) and will be extended to additional models in the QNED TV lineup worldwide in the future.
    • By News Reporter
      Today, some of the most widely used features in the latest vehicles, such as infotainment, telematics, ADAS, OTA and security, rely almost completely on the software they employ. As a result, the vehicle software powerhouses of the world are now the ones paving the way forward for a sector that plays a major role in most people’s daily lives.

There’s not much one can do about a smartphone’s old hardware, but its software, like the operating system (OS), apps and security it employs, is a completely different story as it can be brought up to date through regular updates supplied by the maker. And at long last, this benefit has reached the automotive world thanks to the emergence of Software Defined Vehicle (SDV), a breakthrough that allows vehicles to get better with age.

Since SDV has become immensely popular in the mobility space, the stronger the mobility company is, the more diverse the information it acquires and its areas of work become. So, how exactly is LG pioneering the ever-evolving automotive ecosystem based on SDV? Let’s explore some of the distinct driving experiences this incredibly advanced technology delivers.
      SDV, the Future of Travel

While SDV can be sorted into CASE (Connectivity, Autonomous, Sharing, Electrification), they share one thing in common – sophisticated software that helps them connect, develop and operate. Software has developed at such an incredible pace in recent years that it’s now even more important than the vehicle’s hardware when it comes to its performance, aesthetics and characteristics, which is why they’re being called “smartphones on wheels.”
      Currently, most global premium automakers are developing SDV and applying it to their newest models. LG, which develops automotive solutions for some of the biggest car brands in the world, is a leading provider of infotainment, telematics, center information display (CID) and advanced driver-assistance system (ADAS) solutions.
      A More Seamless Mobility Experience, Courtesy of SDV
      Among the long list of SDV benefits, perhaps the most valuable to customers is the seamless travel experience it enables through over-the-air (OTA), which unlocks even more enjoyable and convenient driving experiences for drivers and passengers alike.

Unlike cars with internal combustion engines which must be released with fixed hardware specs, SDV provides the hardware in advance and then allows the software to set driving performance features and options through the wonders of OTA. What this means is that car specs at the time of purchase are not set in stone and, rather, they can be changed according to the user’s preferences later on – and they don’t even have to visit a service center to do so.
      Besides navigation and infotainment, SDV can be used to improve the performance of wipers, cameras, batteries, seat belts and brakes, which can be updated via OTA for the connected car experience that gets newer and smarter every day without the replacement of parts. What’s more, it matches the user’s driving habits with optimal driving routes, in-car temperatures and subscription services.
      Much more than a software management system, SDV links with the external transportation infrastructure and other smart devices to make daily life even more convenient. Running low on fuel on the way to work? This innovation suggests the most efficient stopover at a charging station. It can also connect some functions to a smartphone app, giving users remote control. And, if there’s a vehicle in the next lane driving erratically or an abnormality in the road ahead, SDV can detect the hazard in quick time and then enhance safety to protect occupants against the risks that humans cannot judge fast enough.
      Taking Life’s Good on the Road

In September 2023, LG announced its vision at ‘IAA Mobility 2023’ in Munich, Germany. This unveiling included news on the vehicle infotainment system – a key future mobility tech that provides various driving information and entertainment features at once, high-capacity telematics, digital interfaces (digital cockpit) and LG’s advanced technologies, such as the big data and cloud innovations that manage and analyze vehicle data to provide automakers with a differentiated SDV solution.
      LG is securing the global competitiveness it needs to grow into a top-tier vehicle components company through its wide range of technologies for each domain, including software for CID which includes infotainment, telematics and ADAS software. LG’s core competitiveness comes from its vast expertise in consumer electronics and its insight into the customer experiences relating to home appliances, home entertainment and displays.
      In the SDV era, where software is king, LG will do everything it can to deliver the most comprehensive mobility solutions to leading carmakers based on its vast know-how.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view