Quantcast

2018 OLED E8 not working after updating to Firmware 5.10.45

Is there a way to reflash the firmware?   Or any ideas to fix this?  I'm out of warranty so I hope I can fix this with a service remote.

I suspect when my TV autoupdated to 5.10.45 last week, it corrupted the firmware.  It now takes 2 minutes to turn on the TV.  It shows the WebOS loading screen against a black background but then after it loads up, I get a blue tint on the screen.  I cannot get rid of this blue tint even messing with picture settings.

When I performed a reset to factory settings, it reverted to an unknown language which is very odd since I am located in the US.  I can't even get it to select English - United states.

Thumbnail2.jpg

This is what a youtube video looks like that's supposed to show the color red.

Thumbnail1.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wondering
      After viewing photos/videos on a flashdrive plugged into the USB of an LG TV and using SmartShare to view... and then removing the USB and then no longer having access to the TV... I noticed on the flashdrive a new folder called "LG TV" and within what appears to be files that may have been the thumbnails displayed on the TV. My question is... do those thumbnails also remain on the TV as recent history even without the USB plugged in? The LG Smart TV online user guide refers to "Recent" ("To view a list of recently viewed or added content, select Recent). Would thumbnails be there without the source flashdrive?
    • By Jim11787
      New setup and I can’t change channels using tv magic remote- I have to use set top box remote. Verified setup with LG tech today and it is correct. Upon him checking for solutions he said there is a software bug that is not allowing the magic remote to change channels. Stated a fix is in works but doesn’t know when it will be available. Asked for a supervisor and was told one would call back in a few hours but they didn’t. I can return the tv now but was wondering if others are having this issue and for how long. I don’t want to get stuck with a tv with multiple remotes. 
    • By SailorMoon
      Hello,
      I have a problem with my new LG OLED G2 newest version 4 firmware.
      I tried sorting my satellite channels with chansort programm from github, because sorting them with the tv remote is a pain.
      When I try to sort them with the remote and have selected about 10 or more channels all the selected channels get suddenly getting deselected, so I can only select up to 10 at a time  to 
      sort them -> must be some kind of firmwarebug? 
      After exporting the channellist to a usb stick then editing it with chansort an importing it back into the tv all my channels are gone, all transponderns are deleted.
      First I thought it was a charsort problem but all channels and transponders get also deleted when I simply export them to a usb drive an import them back, without editing the file at all.
      Does someone know how to fix this problem? 
      And yes I´ve done multiple factory resets -> did not fix any of this behaviour.
      I also discoverd another bug the deletes all channels, because I needed to reboot the tv I searched for a reboot option in the tvs menu, but there is no reboot option.
      To do a full reboot (except from forcing it through cutting the tvs power) you can deselect the privicy agreements, after that the tv reboots, but then all channels are gone too.

• By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
  • Similar Tagged Content