Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

nebody00

2018 OLED E8 not working after updating to Firmware 5.10.45

Is there a way to reflash the firmware?   Or any ideas to fix this?  I'm out of warranty so I hope I can fix this with a service remote.

I suspect when my TV autoupdated to 5.10.45 last week, it corrupted the firmware.  It now takes 2 minutes to turn on the TV.  It shows the WebOS loading screen against a black background but then after it loads up, I get a blue tint on the screen.  I cannot get rid of this blue tint even messing with picture settings.

When I performed a reset to factory settings, it reverted to an unknown language which is very odd since I am located in the US.  I can't even get it to select English - United states.

Thumbnail2.jpg

This is what a youtube video looks like that's supposed to show the color red.

Thumbnail1.jpg

thumbnail1.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg

After webOS 5.10.45 update I experienced a different type pf problem, WiFi is randomly switched on/off, so no chance to stream ob WiFi. When WiFi switch is On also Magic Remote pointer is not anymore on the screen.

Reset to defaults did not solved the problem, now using wired network connection. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Michael Ausec
      I purchased a LG OLED TV in December 2017.  It is great, except for one annoyance. Every 15 minutes, a  HDMI2 popup appears in the center of the screen. It disappears after a few seconds.  This repeats ad infinitum.  My TV connections are  very simple.  One coax cable input to the Cable Box.   HDMI output from the Cable Box  to the TV's HDMI1 input.   The coax output from the Cable Box is connected to a Magnavox DVR.  The DVR is connected to the TV's  HDMI2 input .   The DVR is "off" when we watch normal TV on the HDMI1.   I've searched the internet for a solution, without success.  Any ideas?

• By ZekeMwolf
      I'd like a fast accessible shortcut to turn off the screen, eg. when pressing settings, a button on the screen.
      Or even better, the possibility to configure the speaker off button on the remote to turn off the screen instead.
      It should work independently of the energy saving feature, so that energy saving is not set to off when the screen is turned on again.

The existing procedure to turn off screen is to complex
      press settings, press all settings, press energy saving, press off.....
      and when the screen is turned on again, the energy saving is set to off, and not to the previous value (eg. auto).

OLED65C7V-Z
    • By SIMON
      LGDTVUPDATER  

1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ 
      link hidden, please login to view | link hidden, please login to view ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
      2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
      3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
      4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your link hidden, please login to view
      5. Save and exit
      6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
      7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
      8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
      9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
      10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
      11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
      12. Restart TV

13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
      14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
      15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
      16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions

For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings

Voila! 

NSU EMU BY SMX

If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
      Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found link hidden, please login to view.  
    • By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By Vikram Sud
      In the last few days my LG TV OLED65B8PTA suddenly drops the volume significantly fleetingly every few minutes. 

Am also hoping this isn't the start of the end of this massive investment I made a couple of years ago !!! 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Doniv7
      Hey Team,
      I am using LG 43UH650T and the same is updated to latest firmware 5.50.80 yet it is not showing latest apps available on latest lg tv app store.
      Just wanted to know the availability of latest firmware for my tv that will support latest apps like Hotstar.
    • By hellojavad
      Hello guys
      I can't play Dolby atmos in TrueHD format when playing from hard drive after I update my firmware and only DD+ is playing.
      I reset my device also but nothing changed.
      any Idea what to do?
    • By swissmoon
      Hello,
      Our TV no longer appears to update. I am on update 04.25.70 on this  65EF9500 TV, but my other slightly newer LG (UJ7700) is updated to 04.71.00. Contacting LG by email didn’t help at all.  Any suggestions?
      thanks in advance.
      marisa 
    • By Irismay07
      Okay guys, I need help with calibrating my tv for the best picture quality! So I've been trying to fix my LG tv for awhile now and I'm unable to properly calibrate the tv because each picture mode available with the white balance option, expert dark room or bright room, is not allowing me to click on the white balance tab. Is anyone having or had the same issue and has been able to tweak the white balance settings on the 49UH6030? If so, please let me know how you were able to do it. Thank you!