Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sherlyn

Screen share with LG smart tvp

Question

Screen share shows request. Only shows decline button. Twice it actually showed accept but 10 minutes later still no connection.  What’s up this this?? Any ideas out there?

what I’ve done:

Microsoft Windows 10 surface pro 2018..

click settings/devices/add a device/click tv/shows my tv to connect/select it...timer spins indefinitely

LG tv/click device connect/click PC connect/select miracast/click screen share/either a button showing that my PC is requesting connection:only button is decline button OR

has accept decline buttons...I click accept...timer spins and spins ..nothing happens

3 answers to this question

Screen share shows request. Only shows decline button. Twice it actually showed accept but 10 minutes later still no connection.  What’s up this this?? Any ideas out there?
what I’ve done:
Microsoft Windows 10 surface pro 2018..
click settings/devices/add a device/click tv/shows my tv to connect/select it...timer spins indefinitely
LG tv/click device connect/click PC connect/select miracast/click screen share/either a button showing that my PC is requesting connection:only button is decline button OR
has accept decline buttons...I click accept...timer spins and spins ..nothing happens

Are you using the Miracast function?

I'm using the add a device on my surface pro and I'm using the Miracast Screen Sharing on my LG smart tv. 

If you are attempting to cast a video, I would suggest to use the LG TV plus phone app. You can cast directly from it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.