Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
Hello! I‘m a guy from Germany who bought his first time ever LG TV, the OLED55G19LA. Coming from a Samsung UE49KS7090 I actually expected the LG to be as good as the Samsung in regards of user interface and handling, but it‘s way worse. Well, gotta live with that. But since using it for about two weeks now, I noticed a few things. Since in my job I‘m a software tester (not for TVs, but software for users is software for users), I think I kinda have an eye for things and how they are supposed to be or not.
Since there is only a wishlist forum and no „report your bugs here“ forum, I‘ll post my bugs directly here in hope some developer will record them on the bug tracking list.
1. Bug: Timers. When gaming on my PS5, the TV suddenly came up with ‚will switching off in 5 minutes‘. So I deactivated that timer which was on by default (why??), just to see the same message appearing again after another 4 hours (yes, on weekends gaming sessions can be long). I think this is a typical software developer flaw. The running timer isn‘t canceled when switching that option off.
2. Bug: Youtube app. When playing videos from a playlist with auto-play activated and commercials come in the middle of a video, after using the „Skip ad“ button it would randomly jump to another video, which isn‘t on the playlist. This only happens when I connect from within thr Youtube app on my iPad to my TV, select videos on the iPad which would put them onto the playlist of the TV. The TV would start playing, a commercial come and zing!, you‘re out of your currently watched video.
3. Unwanted behavior: when starting the TV, it would also wake my NAS. This isn‘t necessary. It should only wake it when I open the media player app.
4. Missing option „Start where you left off last time“: when shutting down the TV while Youtube or Netflix are running, I‘d expect it to come up again the same way. But this only happens randomly or not at all.
5. Bug: HDMI CEC. My A/V receiver is on the HDMI(ARC) port. The LG deteced it as Denon Sound Bar (how??). Switching it on together with the TV only sometimes works. Switching it off doesn‘t work at all. What works nicely is loudness control.
6. Bug: Audio interrupts. When playing a video in the media player, streaming Netflix or gaming on PS5, which is directly connected to the TV, the audio stream via ARC would randomly be interrupted for about one second while the video continues neatlessly. I never had such with the Samsung TV. Totally new and extremely annoying bug.
7. Controversial topic: DTS audio. I learned that LG doesn‘t decode DTS in files played from the media player. But passing it through is not decoding and I don‘t think that LG would need a DTS licence to just pass it through. Of course the question would be „Why not even passing it through?“. The Samsung I used before could do that. Well, this one’s five years old and I know that current models also don‘t support DTS anymore, but perhaps they pass it through.
By Guy Madison
Where do I go about reporting issues with webOS? I contacted tech support but their best answer was unplug the TV and plug it back in, well that's not a real fix.
I worked on Mac OS X for 15 years in the kernel and client layers and I have found a number of issues with webOS along with reproducible restart conditions. Ideally I would like to make it a better OS as it affects me directly as a user... and I tend to own products for a long time.
By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
Hey there, I have had a OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but
I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.
I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.
anyone know how to fix?
I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago. I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available. Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase. So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting.
@ LG : if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs. webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them. Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.