Quantcast

Invalid Service - Freeview Planet Knowledge

Roqsan

Question

Noticed after tuning that my LG C9 (2019) gets an "invalid service" on the freeview channel "Planet Knowledge". From reading other threads this seems to be because the TV no longer supports the old format (MHEG or something). What I am wondering though is if I get a set top box (Manhattan T3-R is top of list ATM) whether I will be able to get the missing channels through that?

3 answers to this question

On 1/15/2020 at 4:41 PM, Roqsan said:

Noticed after tuning that my LG C9 (2019) gets an "invalid service" on the freeview channel "Planet Knowledge". From reading other threads this seems to be because the TV no longer supports the old format (MHEG or something). What I am wondering though is if I get a set top box (Manhattan T3-R is top of list ATM) whether I will be able to get the missing channels through that?

Hi, according to the notes that accompanied the latest software update the Manhattan T3-R can receive them.  I was looking for a new Freeview box so thanks for mentioning this one as I hadn't heard of it.

Software notes (Source:

link hidden, please login to view
):

v1.24 Software Update

Released 15/11/19

If your T3 is connected to the internet and left in standby, it will update automatically overnight, unless you have disabled automatic updates in the System Settings menu. Please see below for more information about updating, including how to update by USB.

Improved

• The TV Guide has been optimised for faster navigation and presentation of programme information and icons.
  • Responsiveness of menus with content carousels (e.g. Featured) to very fast key presses
  • Persistent channel lists: After selecting a list in the TV Guide (e.g. Favourites or HD Channels), as long as the channel being viewed is on that list when you re-enter the TV Guide, the list will continue to be selected. Changing to a channel not on the list or pressing Standby will reset the list back to All Channels.
  • When using interactive services that use legacy MHEG-IC technology (e.g. Planet Knowledge, Sports Network, Vision TV, etc) and video is playing back you can now use all Manhattan menus (e.g. TV Guide, Home, etc).
  • Channel change speed when changing between HD channels with the P-UP / P-DOWN buttons.
  • SD video processing for more detailed video.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TonyB said:

Hi, according to the notes that accompanied the latest software update the Manhattan T3-R can receive them.  I was looking for a new Freeview box so thanks for mentioning this one as I hadn't heard of it.

Software notes (Source:

😞

v1.24 Software Update

Released 15/11/19

If your T3 is connected to the internet and left in standby, it will update automatically overnight, unless you have disabled automatic updates in the System Settings menu. Please see below for more information about updating, including how to update by USB.

Improved

• The TV Guide has been optimised for faster navigation and presentation of programme information and icons.
  • Responsiveness of menus with content carousels (e.g. Featured) to very fast key presses
  • Persistent channel lists: After selecting a list in the TV Guide (e.g. Favourites or HD Channels), as long as the channel being viewed is on that list when you re-enter the TV Guide, the list will continue to be selected. Changing to a channel not on the list or pressing Standby will reset the list back to All Channels.
  • When using interactive services that use legacy MHEG-IC technology (e.g. Planet Knowledge, Sports Network, Vision TV, etc) and video is playing back you can now use all Manhattan menus (e.g. TV Guide, Home, etc).
  • Channel change speed when changing between HD channels with the P-UP / P-DOWN buttons.
  • SD video processing for more detailed video.

Hi Tony B

Thanks for answering. I did eventually find that information too, so went ahead and bought one - those channels do indeed work fine. It is pretty good and has some thought put into the features - it's integration with UK catch up is good and I'm impressed it will suggest an alternative HD version if there is one when you record SD content. I'm only a bit disapointed that I can't find a way of setting up the LG magic remote to control it and also that you can't reorganise your favourites so that for example film4+1 appears under film 4 (as you can on the LG internal tuner). But, hey nothing is perfect :). The alternative was the Humax of course, but the reviews suggest that it is not very responsive. Good luck and thanks again for responding.

That's great, and I'm sure this thread will help others. It will be interesting to see when these OTT channels get round to adopting HBB TV so that the problem is resolved.

Regarding the non-use of the magic remote, that's a shame but even with my old Humax Fox T2 I often find I reach for the Humax remote as the functionality with the magic remote on the Humax is very limited.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By LPT
      Hi.
      When Im playing a movie in an app on my LG OLED TV the screen is turned off after 15 minutter and only showing for the lack of other words its "digital fireworks» and the text "Turn on screen by pressing any button on remote except power button».
      Its really annoying. 
      Every power/eco mode is off and no timer is active?
      Anyone?

• By mradyali
      we are developing player for LG,  we want to get available subtitles  for the VOD, like this one

link hidden, please login to view textTracks() didn't return any result , is their any custom API or internal call to get them?
      Note :  audioTracks() work like  charm.
    • By News Reporter
      LG Smart TVs to Offer Amazing Stadia Gaming Experience Complete with Immersive
      5.1 Surround Sound for Stadia Pro Gamers in the Second Half of the Year

SEOUL, Jan. 11, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces a planned partnership with Google to bring Stadia to its latest webOS smart TVs in the second half of this year. After Stadia comes to Google TV, LG will be the first TV manufacturer to natively support Stadia gameplay via webOS.
      LG is demonstrating its commitment to supporting premium gaming on its state-of-the-art displays, made even more compelling with support for 4k and 5.1 surround sound for Stadia Pro users. Stadia on LG TVs will allow customers to instantly play hit Stadia games such as Cyberpunk 2077, NBA 2K21, Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla and Watch Dogs: Legion with just a Stadia controller and no additional hardware or game downloads required.
      LG plans to have the new service launched within the second half of 2021 on LG Smart TVs as a downloadable app from the LG Content Store in countries where Stadia is available. Stadia already offers more than 130 games with more being added regularly. Games can be purchased individually or gamers can claim a regular cadence of games to be played for free with a subscription to Stadia Pro, which includes exclusive discounts and up to 4K resolution. Exhilarating gaming with immersive 5.1 channel surround sound and support for up to 4K HDR and 60 FPS makes the Stadia platform a compelling choice for anyone looking for a great gaming experience without the need for an expensive, dedicated gaming console.
      And when it comes to gaming, it’s hard to beat the advanced combination of Stadia and  LG OLED TVs. LG OLED’s self-lighting pixels ensure best-in-class HDR picture quality with deep blacks and extremely accurate colors. LG became the first company to launch HDR-capable 4K OLED TVs in 2015 and content on LG OLED TVs – both streaming and externally stored – benefit from the display’s fast 1ms response time, outstandingly low input lag without experiencing any loss in picture quality.
      “Supporting Stadia on LG TVs is our commitment to customers that gaming is an increasingly important feature expected by LG TV owners,” said Lee Sang-woo, senior vice president of corporate business strategy at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “Stadia is changing how people access their favorite games and by providing webOS compatibility, we’re making an early commitment to the platform.”
      LG’s perfect-for-gaming LG OLED TVs, new LG QNED Mini LED TVs (with the company’s propriety Quantum Dot NanoCell Technology and mini LED backlighting) and upgraded LG NanoCell TVs will be on display in during CES 2021 starting January 11.
      # # #
      * At time of launch, Stadia available only on LG smart TVs running webOS 6.0. LG webOS 5.0 TVs will receive the service later this year.

• By SS1003602
      I have recently shifted from UAE to India. I have 55" LG 3D smart TV model no. 55UB8301. My problem is 1. I can not change country from UAE to India in settings -Country option because India is not available in the list.
      2. I can not download any app which are normally available in Indian smart TVs like Hotstar/Sonyliv/Amazon prime etc.
      3. In screen mirroring option using my Android phone, I can play any video stream from mobile to smart TV BUT only Amazon prime videos are not played. 
      Can anyone help me for above issues...?
    • By News Reporter
      Innovation Opens Up Opportunities for Micro LED Displays with Enhanced
      Picture Quality, Deeper Blacks and Customization Options

SEOUL, Oct. 13, 2021 — LG Electronics’ Micro LED technology has been named the recipient of the Presidential Award at the International Light Convergence EXPO 2021, which kicked off today in South Korea. LG developed a new application method by which the RGB chips are transferred directly on the Thin Film Transistor (TFT) glass backplane rather than the traditional printed circuit board, taking the technology to the next level. LG’s innovation opens the door to exciting new possibilities offering high-resolution images with blacks that are deeper and more realistic.
      Micro LED delivers stunning picture quality with exceptional brightness, contrast and clarity and are self-emissive, employing tiny light-emitting diodes. The LG’s next generation Micro LED technology with the award-winning offers vibrant, accurate colors and deep blacks for an immersive viewing experience. The modular design of this versatile display gives customers the ability to customize screen sizes to fit desired spaces and preferences. All this comes with a sleek bezel-less design to integrate seamlessly into walls and surrounding environments.
      Attracting approximately 200 organizations exhibiting across 500 booths, the International Light Convergence EXPO is an annual event showcasing the latest developments in advanced LED, OLED, signage and lighting technologies. Each year, the Government Award Ceremony organized by Korea’s Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy and the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency recognizes significant contributions toward furthering the advancement of LED and OLED development.
      “LG is delighted to participate in this expo once again and incredibly honored to receive this recognition for our innovations in Micro LED technology,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “With Micro LED products, we’re excited about this technology as both an innovator as well as a manufacturer.”
      With its advanced technologies and manufacturing know-how, LG unveiled its first Micro LED product in 2020, further strengthening its global reputation as a display innovator. LG’s first Micro LED signage product seamlessly combines the ultimate picture quality and brightness with its industry-leading technologies.
      The International Light Convergence EXPO 2021 runs from October 13-15 at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Goyang, South Korea.
      # # #