Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

patrick belanger

no signal screen saver question

Question

hey all,

i'm having trouble getting my screen saver to appear when there is no signal. i stream all our content. so when i turn on the tv, all we get is the annoying fuzzies!??! our other older lg goes straight to pre installed screen saver, but this lg 43uk 6500 doesn't.  i've gone through the settings and turned the screen saver on, but no luck. any ideas?

thanks,

patrick

1 answer to this question

@patrick belanger  Do you mean the background wallpaper that displays when the no signal message is shown?   Wallpapers are static images for decoration - they are not screensavers, so screensaver settings have no effect. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MalcolmW
      I have recently purchased a LG 55NANO86 TV.  Great TV which I am still getting used to!  I have a question about compatibility of the LG built in web browser functionality with the iFollow football streaming service, used in the UK (and elsewhere).  This is a paid for service which allows streamling of live football games.  I have tried several times unsucessfully to use the built in LG browser on the TV to access and watch a game.  Whilst it successfully shows the iFollow website and allows purchase of the stream, unfortunately the link to the live stream which should pop up a window with the stream, fails to load properly and leaves either a blank screen or a screen with the stop icon displayed.  Does anyone know if this is a known incompatibility issue or am I doing something wrong?  I have used the same iFollow website to view historical match highlights and this works without problem.
      [Fortunately I can stream the iFollow stream to my iPad and then use an AV adaptor to mirror it to the TV so I can still get the match to the TV, but I would prefer to do his without the hassle of connecting the iPad.]
      Any suggestions/advice welcome.
      Malcolm
    • By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By Michael Cutts
      I don’t use screen share.  Suddenly SCREEN SHARE is showing up highlighted when I am trying to select the HDMI that I need to be using.  However, since SCREEN SHARE is already highlighted and will not go away, it keeps everything else with exception from antenna tv from working.  I have gone into the SCREEN SHARE APP  and was able to deactivate the sound.  Could not figure out away to cancel completely.  Please help!
    • By Paulo Sousa
      Hi
      TV model is 43UM7500 with latest webOs version. Trying to mirror my laptop, but cant see on tv menu the Screen Share app... What am I missing???
      Thanks!
      p

• By Stefanie
      Hello!
      Cable was working fine.  Had to unplug TV and cable to reboot because the TV screen kept cutting to black and was up to about 30 seconds each time (it gets progressively longer, until I unplug the TV and cable box, and do the hold-the-on-button-for-10-seconds-and-start-over fix, which has worked in the past for this problem, as well as the app restarting for memory thing).  Well, now I’m unable to get the cable signal back.
      — I swapped cable box from HDMI 1 to 2 and Apple TV from 2 to 1.  No signal from cable in HDMI 2, but Apple TV worked in 1.
      — Bought new HDMI cord.  No signal.
      — Restarted the TV from scratch and re-setup everything   No signal.
      — Called cable company and had them troubleshoot.  No signal.
      — Hooked cable box to another TV.  Bam!  Signal!  Works fine!
      So, why won’t the TV recognize the cable box?  I have Consolidated Communications, but cable’s worked when accidentally set to AT&T, as well as Comcast in the past.
      Sorry if I sound dramatic, but I’m really, really irritated that I spent $1900 on a TV that has to be rebooted multiple times a week, and the fact that I’ve seen posts on here regarding the app reset problem dating back to 2017, yet LG’s chosen not to fix this issue.  It’s ridiculous.