Quantcast

Can I update my webOS to the 3.0 on my 55UF6450

Cap10krunch

Question

I have a 55UF6450 model smart tv. I want to know if there is some way to update the webOS to the latest that LG has available. I currently have webOS 2.0, and I just want to update it to have all the new features of 3.0.

I saw there was a way to put a file on a usb drive and update that way but I wanted to see if that was true before I tried it.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

On 11/15/2019 at 2:17 AM, Cap10krunch said:

I have a 55UF6450 model smart tv. I want to know if there is some way to update the webOS to the latest that LG has available. I currently have webOS 2.0, and I just want to update it to have all the new features of 3.0.

I saw there was a way to put a file on a usb drive and update that way but I wanted to see if that was true before I tried it.

You would have to check out the support page for your TV, take a look here:

link hidden, please login to view

There is a software update dated 06/14/2019 which is software version 03.15.86 (which is different to the webOS version), whether it updates to webOS 3 is unlikely.  But, if is a newer software version than you are currently running it is work checking out.  You will need to confirm that you have the correct region and matching model number before you proceed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ashok R
      TV model: 49 UH770T 
      I used 6000 hours. All four corners start to have struck pixels, this is very disappointing us after spending INR 1,00,000. I am sure this should have been tested products for such high value. How would I customer will recommend LG Smart TV for family and friends if the product manufacturing is not worth the money spent on?
      regards,
      Ashok R 
    • By Justin Tan
      Found multiplex application that use letsencrypt stop working in 30 September 2021 on LG WebOS 3.5. This appear to be wide spread multiplex version of WEBOS. 
      See 
      AND 

link hidden, please login to view As PLEX blaming to be LG fault. LG please provide solution to only 2 year old TV
      LG
      Our current app is available on 4K/UHD LG television models running the following system software:
      webOS 3.0 webOS 3.5 webOS 4.0 webOS 5.0 No 720p or 1080p (“full HD”) sets are supported for our current app at this time.
      Note: Due to root certificate limitations with the device OS itself, only webOS 5.0+ devices support secure connections with a personal Plex Media Server. To allow connections to a personal server, devices running earlier webOS versions must be set to Allow Insecure Connections in the TV app settings and the Plex Media Server must be set to Preferred for the Secure Connections preference.
    • By Vanilton Coelho
      Hi people,

Recently bought one 49LF6350 and one 43LF6350 and the two models have the same problem, whenever I try to open an application, informs me that I have to update (required update, you must update this app to launch it. the update may cause data to be stored deleted.), and when I try to update, it gives an error message (application has not Been instaled. try again). It happens to apps also store to at new install. what may be occurring?

software version: 3:03:04
      WebOS TV version: 2.0.2-3928 (behive-badlands)

thanks.
    • By RebeccaW
      I've just got a 55NANO80 TV and tried to set it up today. 
      I got through the set up as far as connecting via satellite, cable or aerial.   This stumped me because I don't have any of these, as far as I know!  I just have NOW TV.  So, I pressed exit, thinking that the TV would skip trying to search for channels.   The screen then flashed with vertical black and white lines and then went completely black.  
      I have tried to reset the TV and turn it off and back on.  Nothing shows on the screen, so I cannot press the settings button or anything.  
      Have I been sent a dud TV or have I missed something really obvious?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you.
      Edit:  I have turned Now TV on and the sound is coming through the television, but I still have no picture.
    • By Shwetha
      When Voot will be available in Lg web os