Quantcast

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By williemyers
      hi all,
      for a couple of years now, I've enjoyed AirPlay between my mid-2012 MacBook Pro and my LG Smart TV. But last week, I had to do a Migriation Asst./Time Machine re-install of the system drive on my MacBook Pro/Mojave. Result is that I can no longer get a connection with my LG TV. Two things:
      When attempting to AirPlay connect, I now get a Mac window asking for a PIN code. Then , the LG goes black and gives me a 4-digit AirPlay code, I enter it in to the Mac, but it reports, "could not connect to LG TV" etc. 2. I've put an AirPlay icon in the menu bar, but when I click on it, I see a greyed-out "AirPlay:" that constantly switches back and forth between "AirPlay: Looking for TV..." and "AirPlay: Off"
      All help/thoughts appreciated!
    • By News Reporter
      Visitors Experience LG’s Cutting-Edge Commercial Display Solutions
      for Guest Rooms, Lobbies, Restaurants, Meeting Spaces and More 

SEOUL, June 27, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is showcasing its new hospitality display solutions in Toronto, Canada, this week at HITEC 2023, the world’s premier hospitality technology tradeshow. From Transparent OLED Signage and Micro LED displays to interactive digital boards and content management solutions, LG is demonstrating a broad range of powerful display technologies and solutions designed to improve guest experiences in hotel rooms, lobbies, meeting spaces and restaurants.  
      LG is introducing the world’s first commercial television sets to feature Apple AirPlay technology support for hotels, offering guests a seamless and secure way to share content from their iPhone or iPad to their guest room TV. Hotel guests will connect iPhone or iPad securely to LG smart hotel TV by simply scanning a unique QR code. With no logins or passwords to remember and no separate app to download, this will be the simplest way for a hotel to enable guests to access their personal entertainment apps and accounts on the big screen in their room. 
      Hotel operators will be able to start offering AirPlay capability on LG smart hotel TVs later this year. AirPlay capability will be available on 2023 LG smart hotel TVs and on recent years’ models as well.
      Visitors can also see how LG’s commercial display solutions enable a diverse range of experiences and capabilities for specific hospitality scenarios. Starting in the Lobby zone, a 65-inch 4K display shows how hotels can integrate digital art canvases and live content provided by Blackdove and Apollo, a digital art subscription service and LG partner. Located next to this is LG’s cutting-edge Transparent LED Film, which can be applied to glass surface, including windows. 
      In the Reception zone, visitors can experience the “wow factor” and power of LG’s 136-inch, 1.5mm pixel pitch All-in-One LED display, an innovation that includes an embedded controller, an on-board speaker and optional rolling floor stand. The 55-inch LG Transparent OLED Signage, a solution that delivers outstanding picture quality and high transparency, entices HITEC attendees with captivating digital media art. 
      In the Meeting Room Solutions zone, visitors have the opportunity to explore LG’s displays for meeting rooms, with options to suit spaces of various sizes and a range of different user needs. Among these are an impressive lineup of solutions well-suited for use in conference rooms, including the 163-inch, 1.8mm pixel pitch All-in-One LED display, products from the LG One:Quick series and 43- and 55-inch 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160) screens. Visitors can also check out LG CreateBoard, a 75-inch interactive digital board boasting 40-point multi-touch functionality, 4K resolution and convenient screen sharing via the LG CreateBoard Share application. 
      Next is the Smart Room, which offers glimpse into the digitalized room technologies, including a 55-inch LG Smart TV, smart blinds and smart lights. Along with these, visitors can experience Pro:Centric, LG’s content management solution for hospitality environments. 
      The Suite Room zone introduces LG’s premium 97-inch OLED display, while the Presidential Suite zone impresses with the 136-inch, 0.78mm pixel pitch LG MAGNIT, which provides deep blacks, vivid colors and incredible contrast for immersive viewing experiences.  
      “The LG solutions highlighted at HITEC 2023 offer hoteliers an array of options to suit multiple needs and spaces,” Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “LG is committed to developing innovative hotel display solutions in collaboration with professional companies, with the aim of delivering excellent entertainment experiences that make guests feel right at home.” 
      Visitors to HITEC, the Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition & Conference, can explore LG’s booth (#1809) at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. For more information about LG’s hospitality-focused products shown at HITEC 2023, visit ​​
      link hidden, please login to view.  # # #

• By News Reporter
      Apple TV App, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit to Be Available in
      Over 100 Countries and Regions via webOS Hub

SEOUL, Feb. 3, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) has today announced the availability of the Apple TV app, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit on its webOS Hub in over 100 countries and regions. Through this move, compatible TVs now offer an easier, more versatile smart TV experience thanks to a diverse selection of content and innovative features that help bring the ultimate in viewing convenience and pleasure to even more audiences worldwide.
      With the Apple TV app, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit all coming to the webOS Hub ecosystem, LG is constantly refining and expanding its webOS smart TV platform while enhancing its accessibility so that more consumers can benefit from the most convenient user experience.
      By offering a greater range of customization options to smart TV manufacturers and giving more convenience and choice of content to customers, 10 times as many brands are now available on webOS Hub than in early 2021, with LG now working with 200 partners in total including Seiki, Eko, Stream System, Konka, Aiwa and Hyundai. Through these efforts, LG is now primely positioned to deliver on its promise of pioneering streamlined content viewing experiences for millions of people around the globe.
      Apple TV+ is the home of award-winning Apple Originals and is accessed via the webOS Hub Home Screen’s dedicated Apple TV app. In addition, users can subscribe to popular third-party streaming subscription services on the Apple TV app, as well as explore over 100,000 films and shows to buy or rent.
      Apple Music subscribers enjoy a vast, ad-free library comprised of over 100 million songs, 30,000 expertly-curated playlists, countless 4K music videos and the critically-acclaimed Apple Music Radio, which streams all the hits and classics from across all genres. Apple Music via webOS Hub is great for home parties too, as it comes with millions of songs with time-synced lyrics to make listening even more enjoyable. And it goes without saying that subscribers can instantly access their personal music library via webOS Hub.
      webOS Hub will also be compatible with AirPlay, so users can stream movies, music, games and photos to their smart TV right from their iPhone, iPad or Mac. What’s more, webOS Hub-powered TVs are also Apple Home-enabled, giving users control of their TV in the Apple Home app and Siri using Apple HomeKit technology.
      The Apple TV app and Apple Music are now available in over 100 countries, which is where owners of webOS-enabled TVs from 200 partner brands will benefit from a growing list of content and life-enriching features. The latest OLED TVs and UHD TVs powered by webOS Hub* support AirPlay and HomeKit, allowing more audiences to experience the enhanced usability and convenience these advanced TVs provide.
      # # #
      * AirPlay and HomeKit only available on OLED TVs and UHD TVs with webOS Hub 2.0

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Rizba
      Hello all,
      I have noticed a problem with Airplay on my LG TV.
      I have disabled Apple Airplay from the Airplay settings but on my Apple devices (my iPhone, Macbook), when the TV is turned on, it is still detectable.
      If I click on my TV from my iPhone, it is impossible to connect. However, the TV is always detectable, which is annoying.
      To sum up, it's as if the detectability of Airplay and its status (active/inactive) are two separate things.
      Ideally, if Airplay mode is disabled, the TV should not be detectable on Apple devices because it is confusing and bad from a user experience point of view.
      Has anyone an idea how to fix this or how to escalade this issue?
      Best regards,
      Baris
      PS: My television is the model OLED55CX6LA.AVS
    • By Dpd12463
      I have a new OLED evo C2 4K TV and I wanted to use airplay to cast something from my iphone 12 Spoke with Apple no issues that they can help with.  Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?