Quantcast

Kodi client on lg webos

I started building a client for Kodi that runs on Smart TV LG webos.
As a client, need a Kodi server running on local network to consume the JSON-RPC API.
Communicates through websockets.
It is being implemented in Javascript using REACT JS.
I'm looking for developers for the GUI.
Contributions are welcome!!

see the project on github:

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 1

Native Kodi has memory and storage requirements that I still believe not possible on smart tv.
Kodi client is an alternative to Plex, for example for Raspberry Pi.
Thanks anyaway.
It could run from an USB drive just like Plex alternative did before official release.

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

I don't know what the hell andreluigo is talking about, but please don't take it as other than just his personal opinion. I would love a client for WebOS, who the hell would want full Kodi on a TV?

He even compares Plex and SmartShare (that crap, really?) to Kodi, Plex is very limited if you don't pay what they want (and lately they have been adding useless stuff and taking a lot of useful features, just look at the Plex subreddit). SmartShare is, well, not good at all.

Please, continue working on this, I'm (and a bunch of other people that I just told about your app) eager to see this finished.

Thanks!

On 5/8/2020 at 8:43 PM, Locke said:

I don't know what the hell andreluigo is talking about, but please don't take it as other than just his personal opinion. I would love a client for WebOS, who the hell would want full Kodi on a TV?

He even compares Plex and SmartShare (that crap, really?) to Kodi, Plex is very limited if you don't pay what they want (and lately they have been adding useless stuff and taking a lot of useful features, just look at the Plex subreddit). SmartShare is, well, not good at all.

Please, continue working on this, I'm (and a bunch of other people that I just told about your app) eager to see this finished.

Thanks!

Thanks for the support and encouragement!

I resumed work with a new approach.

Now I use the recommended library and used by LG in its native applications: EnactJS. See: 

and samples: 

Please follow my project on github, and if you can contribute in any way, thank you very much.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:43 PM, Locke said:

Thanks!

I not even will waste my time and patience answering how you deserve.

Stop talking  shits and try to be more polite if you "don't know what the hell" other people are talking about.

If you don't know something and yet still wants to show yourself as a big wise, just makes you the biggest dumb.

On 5/11/2020 at 9:27 AM, Marcelo Richard Valverde said:

Thanks for the support and encouragement!

I resumed work with a new approach.

Now I use the recommended library and used by LG in its native applications: EnactJS. See: 

and samples: 

Please follow my project on github, and if you can contribute in any way, thank you very much.

I will see if I can commit anything but I'm not experienced with WebOS at all so I hope someone else can chime in and help. Thanks for all your work!

On 5/11/2020 at 9:43 AM, andreluigo said:

I not even will waste my time and patience answering how you deserve.

Stop talking  shits and try to be more polite if you "don't know what the hell" other people are talking about.

If you don't know something and yet still wants to show yourself as a big wise, just makes you the biggest dumb.

I mean, what the hell were you talking about?

What is, by your definition, a "native app" and a "client"?

Plex WebOS app is a client as it needs a server that you host somewhere else to serve you with all the media through your network, you don't install Plex server on the TV and then attach all the drives containing your media (be movies, tv shows, music, etc) to the TV and start scanning them, that's just stupid, where would the app store all the cached content? What if you need to transcode because the TV lacks support for a lot of codecs? The TV doesn't have enough hardware power to do all that, that needs to be done somewhere else... yeah, you got it, on the damn SERVER. An that's not all, you even compared Plex to Kodi, they both are different, let alone comparing it with SmartShare. With Plex you have to pay to get more than one user, Plex transcodes if it isn't supported by the client hardware. Kodi doesn't need you to pay to use anything, you can even use Jellyfin together with Kodi, Kodi alone doesn't transcode. And I wont even talk about SmartShare.

I'm sorry if you can't handle adult talking and you need me to sugar coat words for you but I'm not going to do it, sorry pal. That's just how life is.

And the same applies to Kodi, why in the hell would someone want the full app on the TV? It doesn't make any sense. I haven't seen a full app of Emby nor Jellyfin anywhere (not only on WebOs) too. They all are clients.

I just can't picture a possible reason to need the full app on the TV, please enlighten me.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, Juska Lalie said:

Hey there, just curious about the state of this project? Kodi on WebOS would be so great!

Thanks!

Hey,

I had some compatibility problems with REACTJS and ENACTJS, with the older versions of Webos, for example 3.0.

I had to abandon these frameworks and rewrite much of the code in pure Javascript. For this reason the progress of the project is a little slow.

I hope to launch a functional version in the second half of this year.

I appreciate the remembrance and encouragement.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...