Quantcast

TV wont read epk file

Hi im not sure if this is the place to post a question like this  sorry it its not.

I have and LG TV which has been having problems with SKY Q blacking out. I got in touch with LG and they said I needed an update which they sent me on a disc.

I followed the instructions but my TV wont read the epk file so wont sense it needs to update. I have tried numerous usb drives I have formatted them in ntfs and fat. The usb reads they LG_DTV file but says there is nothing inside. Any help would be great thanks.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ROSSMAN
      I am creating a streaming application, where user can access a list of mkv files from my server, Mkv is not supported in web browsers and it is not loading properly within my webOS web app.
      I cannot modify my files to another video format.
      Is there a native player for LG WebOS that I can embed into my web application ?
      Is there any video player with web sdk to play mkv on a smart tv.
      Ps: my videos are working well on chrome, as for Firefox or Safari, it tells me that the format is not supported.
    • By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By chloe96
      Hi everyone, I'm Chloe and I just signed up. I'll cut straight to the chase. I'm currently using the LG TV (webos 3.0) of a friend while she's away for a few months and I constantly get prompted to update the firmware. She says she's never updated it as she doesn't care and everything was working fine anyway, and told me to just disregard it. So, I'm not gonna do it, but that reminder is doing my head in as it pops up every time I turn the TV back on.

Since I couldn't find anything in settings to turn it off, last month I blocked a bunch of addresses at router level and it did work for several weeks, as I wouldn't get the reminder any longer.

Here's what I blocked after sniffing out addresses that the TV checked out right before the reminder appeared:
      link hidden, please login to view Now, the message has started popping up again over the past few days. Yesterday I tried adding a bunch of other addresses, but no dice.

Do you have any suggestions about how to definitely kill that reminder once and for all? Thanks in advance.
    • By HvH
      After updating my LG 60SJ850V to version 06.00.25 software everything went wrong...
      Connected via ethernet cable and youtube has buffering issues. Get stuck for few seconds and then sped thtough for few.  Has good fibre connection and never had this issue. 
      Also when watching from external hard drive, the video's get stuck and giving issues where there never were any problems.
      Can't connect TV to wifi anymore.
      Message toggles between LAN cable disconnected followed by  LAN ethernet connected the whole time.
      Smart remote has connection issues.
      This is extremely annoying. How can I get these issues fixed? Tried all the fixes that I could find for previous software update problems, but nothing works.
    • By Nashat
      Dearcsir /madam I tried to change the location from general but I can see countirs like Russia,  Ukraine, Kazakhstan,.... but no other countries at all 
      I want to United Arab Emirates pls help me to do
      Regards,
      Nashat salah