Quantcast

MotoGP.com video page not loading

Vitalijs Voronovs

Question

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Vitalijs Voronovs said:

Thank you George, I suppose I’ll have to wait for an update to get it solved? Will any of previous versions of webos work with it? 

Have anyone installed another os to this tv? I feel like i am ready try anything to get back racing on the big screen. 

Hi Vitalijs,

Unfortunately it is not going to be possible to install another OS on the TV, and I would not count on an early version of the firmware working any better.  Sadly pretty all Smart TVs that are not Android based come with their issues (just browse a Samsung TV forum).  I would suggest contacting the MotoGP site and explain the issue, it may just take a simple piece of coding to rectify the issue.

I have the same problem and it is really upsetting me. The only reason I bought this p.o.s. was to watch MotoGP on a big screen.  Now it looks like my kid is going to inherit it to play video games. If they don’t fix it soon then I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT EVEN AGAIN!!!!

6 hours ago, EmDub said:

I have the same problem and it is really upsetting me. The only reason I bought this p.o.s. was to watch MotoGP on a big screen.  Now it looks like my kid is going to inherit it to play video games. If they don’t fix it soon then I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT EVEN AGAIN!!!!

Please get in contact with the MotoGP site, if they do not know there is a problem they will not know to fix it.

1 hour ago, George Hofmeister said:

Please get in contact with the MotoGP site, if they do not know there is a problem they will not know to fix it.

I already have contacted them and it’s not a problem with the website. Videos work fine on the phone and the computer. Website comes up no problem on the tv. I click on any video and nothing happens. Just a blank screen with the address bar at the top. 

5 hours ago, EmDub said:

I already have contacted them and it’s not a problem with the website. Videos work fine on the phone and the computer. Website comes up no problem on the tv. I click on any video and nothing happens. Just a blank screen with the address bar at the top. 

Yes I am sure that the website does work on your phone and computer (as it does on my own devices), but those are not running webOS.  Just because something works on one browser does not mean it will work in another.  Did you ask MotoGP if they had tested their browser in webOS or if they just tested it on mobile & desktop platforms?  Websites have to be written to be compatible with the browser trying to serve the page, for instance Internet Explorer would need several different pieces of coding to be viewable in all the different releases.  As I have written else where in this thread the webOS browser probably does not recognise the JavaScript being uses to display the video, and it should be relatively easy for MotoGP to engineer their site firstly to recognise the webOS browser and secondly to serve it with a version of JavaScript that it can understand and display.

It is easier for a website to write a site to serve the correct JavaScript to a web browser than for a browser manufacture to cater for every esoteric piece of coding language out there.  It should not be difficult as webOS's browser is based around WebKit as used by Safari, Opera, Chrome and even now Microsoft's upcoming releases of Edge.  Most websites are not catering to webOS or even Smart TVs in general as they still make up a very small percentage of devices browsing the web, all sites need to be told to look for specific browser ID strings:

link hidden, please login to view

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Love it or hate it, video conferencing has become essential to the way we work today. But despite the advanced technology available to the office worker in the 21st century, the experience still leaves much to be desired. For every “salary person” fed up with spotty connections, terrible audio and out-of-focus webcams, there’s an easier, more productive way to conduct video calls and meetings.

Introducing LG One:Quick Works, a powerful all-in-one video conferencing solution with an intuitive user-friendly design for everyone who hates video conferencing. The ideal productivity tool for remote work era, LG’s category-creating innovation brings greater efficiency and sleek, modern styling to businesses of all types and sizes. With One:Quick Works and the complementary wireless screen sharing device One:Quick Share, workplace productivity and efficiency may never be the same again.

Fast and Simple Setup with Ultimate All-in-one Solution
      Connectivity issues are the enemy of smooth conference calls. The complex and often time-consuming task of connecting cameras, speakers, laptops and projectors can easily derail your meeting schedule or make an important presentation fall flat. One:Quick Works avoids all such issues by integrating everything needed into a single, stylish package: touch-sensitive display, Windows-based interface, crisp 4K UHD camera, high-quality microphone, built-in speakers, digital whiteboard function and video conferencing apps. Just tap the icon of the function you want and you’re ready to host your next virtual meeting in style.

Feel Like You’re in the Same Room with Smart Auto Focus Function
      The meeting experience is on a whole new level with One:Quick Works due in no small part to the impressive performance of its camera and microphone. The high-gain mic can clearly capture the voice of a presenter seated or standing up to six meters away and employs noise cancellation to minimize most unwanted background sounds. With Smart Auto Focus, the 3,840 x 2,160 resolution camera quickly tracks and automatically focuses on the speaker. Virtual meetings take on a whole new level of satisfaction when everyone knows who’s talking and what’s being said.

Compatible with Popular Video Conferencing Apps for More Flexibility
      One:Quick Works supports a variety of video conferencing and collaboration apps to give users more ways to make the most of their meetings. Meeting participants can use LG’s preinstalled One:Quick Remote Meeting application or install Webex, Zoom and Teams using the shortcuts conveniently located on the onscreen launcher. For apps not on the launcher screen, meeting hosts can simply go into the Conference App Store to find and install the video conferencing application of their choice.

Wireless Screen Sharing at the Push of a Button
      The complementary One:Quick Share allows presenters to easily connect their laptops and notebooks to compatible LG digital signage devices wirelessly. With its internal Wi-Fi antenna, the diminutive dongle offers effortless screen sharing and the makes the workspace free of cable clutter. With its Split View feature, One:Quick Share can connect to and display content from up to four devices simultaneously, making it the best choice for teamworking while remote conferencing.

To experience video conferencing the way it was meant to be, check out the LG Information Display channel and today. And because LG doesn’t think remote conferencing needs to be dull, these lighthearted, informative videos will not only endear you to the One:Quick series, they’ll hopefully leave you wanting LG’s remote meeting solution for your own workplace.
      (Images simulated to enhance features. May differ from actual use.)
      # # #
      [One:Quick Works]
      [One:Quick Share]

• By Azrina
      Dear sir,
      we just subscribe tm unify, we try find [email protected] app in LG smart tv. Unfortunately the app no in LG store. I try update still can not. How can you help to add the app.  I very appreciate if your side can help. Thank you
    • By News Reporter
      Advancing Business Portfolio with Greater Focus on Digital Transformation   

SEOUL, Nov. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced that William Cho, its Chief Strategy Officer, will also take on the responsibility of Chief Executive Officer effective December 1. LG’s top strategist since 2019, Mr. Cho was responsible for establishing LG’s Business Incubation Center and fostering new businesses opportunities in the form of in-house ventures as well as startup partners during his six-year tenure as president of LG North America.
      Having joined Goldstar in 1987 and spending four years in LG’s overseas office in Germany, Mr. Cho has a storied career including roles as president of LG Canada, Australia and the United States. A graduate of Pusan University, Mr. Cho received his master’s degree in business from Yonsei University in Seoul.
      Other notable changes include the appointment of Kim Byoung-hoon as Chief Technology Officer. Currently serving as the head of the Future Technology Center, Dr. Kim is being promoted to executive vice president and will simultaneously assume the roles of Chief Technology Officer as well as the new Information and Communication Technology leadership position.
      Jang Ik-hwan, a 31-year veteran of LG, is being promoted from SVP to EVP and will assume the top position at the Business Solutions Company after successfully growing the IT business portfolio to make LG one of the fastest-growing brands in the notebook, laptop and monitor business. SVP Eun Seok-hyun has been tapped to lead the Vehicle component Solutions Company as its third and newest president. Mr. Eun was previously responsible for growing the smart business division under the same company.
      Going forward, the new leadership team will accelerate changes focusing even more on customer value in pursuit of growth with each business unit assuming greater responsibility. Toward this end, LG will reorganize its Customer Satisfaction Management Center into the new Customer Value Innovation Office with oversight by the CSO. The role of the CVIO will be to more effectively identify and incorporate customer feedback and pain points into the product planning, development and sales processes. In addition, the Customer Experience Innovation Department under the Home Appliances and Home Entertainment Companies will be upgraded to Customer Experience Innovation Division.
      Also, to discover potential growth engines and expedite future innovations, the M&A department under the umbrella of the Chief Strategy Office will be elevated to division level for more resources. Similarly, to increase its focus on future trends and customer needs, LG’s Life Soft Research (LSR) department will be promoted to Life Soft Research Lab to increase its influence within the Design Management Center. And to speed up its digital transformation process related to customer experience, LG will elevate the AI Big Data department to division level under the watchful eye of the new Chief Data Office (CDO).
      All appointments are effective Dec. 1 with promotions going into effect on the first day of the new year.
      # # #

• By kevin knauss
      The symbolic link within the PC's Pictures  folder is displayed by the LG Webos Photo app as a folder, but when clicked, the app says that the device is not connected. The existing folders under Pictures on the PC do work using the LG Webos Photo app. The symbolic link works properly on the PC itself, so it's not a problem with creating it using mklink. Any ideas? Thanks.
    • By Alex
      UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE

The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.
      Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.

HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE?
      Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month.
      HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES?
      Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates.
      Use this diagram if you need help getting set up:

ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:
      Press the MENU Click SYSTEM SETTINGS Then ABOUT Then SYSTEM UPDATES You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically. FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By GenericGeorge
      This is happening more often since the last couple of updates, I'll be getting ready for bed, turning on netflix and going to change energy saving to maximum and blue light filter on but clicking the option to change energy saving works but when I actually click an option that isn't already selected it doesn't switch to it. 
      The only thing that remedies this is a restart of the TV. Restarting is annoying and takes up time. 
    • By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• By Rick Hantz
      Pretty much unusable.
      Very slow - scrolling is terrible. 
      Compatibility with various Web sites is poor.
      Luckily I have an old Windows 7 computer connected.
      Why even have a browser that's so bad?
    • By michaelbr
      Is it possible to install/add different browser in webOS? The default browser that came with TV has some issues (playing videos in Youtube, in full screen mode, just kept refreshing, in other modes plays find, other online streaming seems not working as well). In PC those sites worked just fine, without any problem.