Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Vitalijs Voronovs

MotoGP.com video page not loading

Question

9 answers to this question

Thank you George, I suppose I’ll have to wait for an update to get it solved? Will any of previous versions of webos work with it? 

Have anyone installed another os to this tv? I feel like i am ready try anything to get back racing on the big screen. 

1 hour ago, Vitalijs Voronovs said:

Thank you George, I suppose I’ll have to wait for an update to get it solved? Will any of previous versions of webos work with it? 

Have anyone installed another os to this tv? I feel like i am ready try anything to get back racing on the big screen. 

Hi Vitalijs,

Unfortunately it is not going to be possible to install another OS on the TV, and I would not count on an early version of the firmware working any better.  Sadly pretty all Smart TVs that are not Android based come with their issues (just browse a Samsung TV forum).  I would suggest contacting the MotoGP site and explain the issue, it may just take a simple piece of coding to rectify the issue.

I have the same problem and it is really upsetting me. The only reason I bought this p.o.s. was to watch MotoGP on a big screen.  Now it looks like my kid is going to inherit it to play video games. If they don’t fix it soon then I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT EVEN AGAIN!!!!

6 hours ago, EmDub said:

I have the same problem and it is really upsetting me. The only reason I bought this p.o.s. was to watch MotoGP on a big screen.  Now it looks like my kid is going to inherit it to play video games. If they don’t fix it soon then I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT EVEN AGAIN!!!!

Please get in contact with the MotoGP site, if they do not know there is a problem they will not know to fix it.

1 hour ago, George Hofmeister said:

Please get in contact with the MotoGP site, if they do not know there is a problem they will not know to fix it.

I already have contacted them and it’s not a problem with the website. Videos work fine on the phone and the computer. Website comes up no problem on the tv. I click on any video and nothing happens. Just a blank screen with the address bar at the top. 

5 hours ago, EmDub said:

I already have contacted them and it’s not a problem with the website. Videos work fine on the phone and the computer. Website comes up no problem on the tv. I click on any video and nothing happens. Just a blank screen with the address bar at the top. 

Yes I am sure that the website does work on your phone and computer (as it does on my own devices), but those are not running webOS.  Just because something works on one browser does not mean it will work in another.  Did you ask MotoGP if they had tested their browser in webOS or if they just tested it on mobile & desktop platforms?  Websites have to be written to be compatible with the browser trying to serve the page, for instance Internet Explorer would need several different pieces of coding to be viewable in all the different releases.  As I have written else where in this thread the webOS browser probably does not recognise the JavaScript being uses to display the video, and it should be relatively easy for MotoGP to engineer their site firstly to recognise the webOS browser and secondly to serve it with a version of JavaScript that it can understand and display.

http://webostv.developer.lge.com/discover/discover-webos-tv/

It is easier for a website to write a site to serve the correct JavaScript to a web browser than for a browser manufacture to cater for every esoteric piece of coding language out there.  It should not be difficult as webOS's browser is based around WebKit as used by Safari, Opera, Chrome and even now Microsoft's upcoming releases of Edge.  Most websites are not catering to webOS or even Smart TVs in general as they still make up a very small percentage of devices browsing the web, all sites need to be told to look for specific browser ID strings:

https://developers.whatismybrowser.com/useragents/explore/operating_system_name/webos/