Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

sweetcorn024

Hammer size ?

Question

I'm a master construction  builder; not a techno !

LG 'Chat' facility eventually advised a 'mainboard' replacement to solve the problem.

TV model is LG 43UJ634V.  18 months old.

Problem: screen carries a diagonal cast of colour within the picture. No amount of resets or adjustments can bring back a good picture. I downloaded images for their consideration. I will do the same here as an attachment.

Question : In your opinion, is this repairable by a download or is it a hammer job? If the latter; what size hammer?

_DSC3428.JPG

_DSC3429.JPG

_DSC3430.JPG

_DSC3431.JPG

_DSC3433.JPG

2 answers to this question

Hi,

I bet you know how to use a screwdriver as well as a hammer though!

Have a look on eBay, a quick search brought a fair few results: 

43UJ634V main board | eBay http://tinyurl.com/y4tun98a

However, I would before ordering anything actually open up the TV and compare eBay pictures and any part numbers you can find.

Hope that helps, from an enthusiastic DIYer and professional techno wallah.  

Hi George, that's a brilliant bit of sideways thinking. I did suggest but my wife didn't like the idea of putting legs on  the back and making a coffee t ………………… Just a moment George, I've got to phone my wife, she's off to the municipal tip with the set.  I must stop her. As well as cats, TV's might have nine lives also.

Heading for eBay now.

Thank you so much for your inspired guidance. If you ever need to know how to use a theodolite,  give me a call.  lol.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.