Quantcast

Hammer size ?

sweetcorn024

Question

I'm a master construction  builder; not a techno !

LG 'Chat' facility eventually advised a 'mainboard' replacement to solve the problem.

TV model is LG 43UJ634V.  18 months old.

Problem: screen carries a diagonal cast of colour within the picture. No amount of resets or adjustments can bring back a good picture. I downloaded images for their consideration. I will do the same here as an attachment.

Question : In your opinion, is this repairable by a download or is it a hammer job? If the latter; what size hammer?

_DSC3428.JPG

_DSC3429.JPG

_DSC3430.JPG

_DSC3431.JPG

_DSC3433.JPG

2 answers to this question

Hi,

I bet you know how to use a screwdriver as well as a hammer though!

Have a look on eBay, a quick search brought a fair few results: 

43UJ634V main board | eBay

link hidden, please login to view

However, I would before ordering anything actually open up the TV and compare eBay pictures and any part numbers you can find.

Hope that helps, from an enthusiastic DIYer and professional techno wallah.  

Hi George, that's a brilliant bit of sideways thinking. I did suggest but my wife didn't like the idea of putting legs on  the back and making a coffee t ………………… Just a moment George, I've got to phone my wife, she's off to the municipal tip with the set.  I must stop her. As well as cats, TV's might have nine lives also.

Heading for eBay now.

Thank you so much for your inspired guidance. If you ever need to know how to use a theodolite,  give me a call.  lol.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jean Fiorin
      Good Morning, There is a recommended minimum distance between the TV and the viewer. I bought an LG OLED C155 last month and it is uncomfortable from a distance. It was my mistake. I bought it without worrying about visual comfort. Is it possible to reduce the screen's usable area to simulate a screen size TV of 48 inches or less, accepting the black borders that would be created? It would be something similar to a custom aspect ratio. The idea would be to be able to simulate a smaller screen size than the purchased equipment. other-bigger->65->55->48->other-less
    • By Siva Shankar reddy
      Hi, We need know the information about  maximum file size limit for installable files , and the LG play store policies,  Need this info really help us on  application development process for LG ( web-OS ).  As per the Android play store we know, it allow's the applications based on the availability of internal Storage  on the specific device. Please Let Us help here to under Stand the LG Play Store behavior  for the application development process
    • By tee4
      Hello
      I am trying to develop one app for LG smart tv, and I have one LG smart TV at home.
      I am facing one issue with the app icon on the home page.
      It is smaller in size than the size of the icon space , even I have set it to 1920x 1080 or 1280x1280.
      How much bigger size I take, it still leave some space around the actual image of the icon and shows a black space around the icon.
    • By Arus
      Hello all,
      I am looking to buy a LG OLED48C14LB, and I have a question about recording, rewinding and pausing live TV.
      In preperation, I purchansed an HDD caddy for my spare SSD.
      I have 2 SSDs, 120GB and 256GB.

My question is, approximately how long could you pause or record TV on an HD channel with 120GB?
      I would rather keep the 256GB drive for something else, but want to be sure 120GB is enough.

Thanks!
    • By pnvsrinivas
      Dear LG TV.,
      Could you please give a feature to make the 55 inch TV to 32 inch TV ? 
      Like under Settings -> Aspect ratio -> Screen size reducer
      So, that we can reduce the power bill and can switch back to 55inch when watching movies.
      This will be a good feature kindly take into consideration.
      If you like it Kindly let us know some when can we expect this update in feature (Some approximate).

Thanks & Regards,
      Srini.