Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

VapAndrei

Pages reload on switch

Question

Hi,

I own an LG Smart TV (43LK5900PLA) and I seem to have an issue with the browser. If I have more than one tab opened if I switch between them, they refresh / reload. The thing is this doesn't always happen and I haven't been able to figure out why. One thing is for sure - it is really, really, REALLY annoying and makes browsing the internet impossible on websites that have pop-ups. You may ask why. Well, because they usually open a pop-up whenever you make your first click. Pop-ups open in a new tab and the browser automatically switches to it. After closing (or going to the initial website tab) it reloads and .. well.. the pop-up again.

Also, it's impossible to check e-mails and open links too. Same story. You click on a link, a new tab opens and when you go back to the e-mail it reloads and the e-mail is opened no more.

Like I said, this doesn't happen every time. 90% of the times, regardless of what sites I open, of what I have opened when the browser opens.

The LG webOS is up to date and I've tried clearing the history and 'clearing the cache ' in the browser. Nothing works so I'm pretty disappointed.

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, VapAndrei said:

Wow, please, one at a time. This forum is incredible!! So many solutions, I don't know where to start trying. Thank you everyone for your valuable input!!

Ah sarcasm, that will help your enquiries.

Please remember that this is user-to-user forum, it is run for users by users and as such we may not have the answers your are looking for.

Just now, George Hofmeister said:

Ah sarcasm, that will help your enquiries.

Please remember that this is user-to-user forum, it is run for users by users and as such we may not have the answers your are looking for.

Meh, well, if 2,5 weeks of waiting didn't work towards getting an answer, at least this has brought me a reply. That counts for something. I think this question was buried on page 2. :P

19 hours ago, VapAndrei said:

Meh, well, if 2,5 weeks of waiting didn't work towards getting an answer, at least this has brought me a reply. That counts for something. I think this question was buried on page 2.

Glad to have been of help in some small way.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, VapAndrei said:

Thanks for the bump again. So if you're here, can you tell me if there's an official way to ask this? Should I ask at LG Support?

You could try the official LG feedback form which is detailed here: 

However I expect the reason for web pages reloading when selected is that they are removed from system memory when unselected in an effort to manage said memory.  Other desktop browsers have had similar functions in the past to aid memory management.