Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Michell B

Update to WebOs 3.0

Question

1 answer to this question

On 2/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, Michell B said:

How do I update from webOS TV version from 1.4 0-2529(Afro-Ashley)?

Check if there is a newer update on the LG website for your particular model, if there is it should install via OTA updating if you have that turned on.  If it does not come via OTA updating then you would need to manually install it via a USB drive.  If there is no update then you will be stuck on the version currently installed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Apulat
      Merhaba arkadaşlar,
      55LB670V-ZA smart Tv mevcut, Tv açılışta LG logosu bekleme bekleme süresi uzadı. Bazen takılı da kalıyor, TV'yi kapatıp açınca düzeliyor. Bazı formlarda Yazılım güncellemesi yapılması gerekli olduğu belirtilmiş, LG nin kendi işletim ve TV de olan son yazılımı 05.05.70 mevcut webOS 1.4.0-2532 (afro-ashley) mevcut. Yeni firmware ve webOS sürüm nereden bulabilir ve yükleyebilirim. Yardımcı olursanız çok sevinirim.
      Teşekkürler
      Türkiye / İstanbul
      ------------------------------
      Hello friends,
      55LB670V-ZA smart TV is available, the waiting time on the LG logo screen at the TV startup has been extended. Sometimes it gets stuck, it gets better when the TV is turned off and on. In some forms, it has been stated that it is necessary to update the software, LG's own page and the latest software 05.05.70 available on the TV is webOS 1.4.0-2532 (afro-ashley). Where can I find and install the new firmware and webOS version. I would be glad if you help.
      Thank you
      Turkey, Istanbul

• By Khamikaze
      Hi there,

So VLC (via DLNA) does not see LG TV webOS as renderer option.
      Even Windows 7 (via Explorer / Windows Media Player) sees it.

What's special about LG TV webOS DLNA implementation that VLC does not see it?

Thanks,

PS: Some other related posts on this.

VLC Streaming to LG Smart TV

link hidden, please login to view VLC on LG C8.

link hidden, please login to view Streaming from Windows VLC to LG webOS TV?

link hidden, please login to view How do I stream to my LG TV using the VLC Media Player on my HP Envy Desktop that is Running Windows 8

link hidden, please login to view  
    • By Debojit Kundu
      Hi I recently updated the software to 5.30 version, and after that I noticed a weird problem with video streaming, in general issue with internet bandwidth. Usually my b/w is ~35 mbps so that is sufficient for 4k streaming on youtube or netflix. The issue is after running for 10-15 mins if I pause the video or go backward the network speed is thrashing badly. For example when I check internet connection on netflix it shows ~30-35 mbps, but whne that problem occurs and I check the speed again I see the speed is dropped to <1mbps. Same with youtube, it can't load 4k videos anymore as the speed is ~1mbps. I can realize the problem as the thumbnails load very slow with scrolling. This problem does not get away unless I restart the TV or disconnect from wifi AP and connect back. The router always works fine I mean when I observe the problem on tv I can run videos on mobile seamlessly and see a speed of ~40 mbps on the same router. The router is kept next to the TV so I don't think it is some issue with wifi distance etc. I don't know what to do. I tried resetting but it removed all my app but it was actually not a so called "factory reset". So software version remained same. To rule out hardware problem I want to revert to previous version of the software but apparently I can't downgrade the software. Is there any other approach to load some previous version firmware?
    • By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Ishan Kurnal
      I want to that if I'm running my LG OLED CX at WebOS 5.0. I know it gets quality updates geting version upgrade to 5.1 from 5.0 like this. But I want to know will it get update for WebOS 6.0?