Quantcast

Philips HUE Sync app

informatiko

YES. PLEASE ADD THIS!

I can currently do "free" or non-DRM content using Hue Sync from a PC but it would be a HUGE feature to add this natively to WebOS. Application needs to send information about the displayed colors on a given area of the screen to the Hue Bridge over WiFi link. Hue Bridge would then tell the Hue Lights how and when to change color values. 

As there is no way to output video from the TV, the content providers should not have any DRM concerns. This would be the absolute cleanest solution and at least in the US market and would funnel so many buyers towards LG units. 

Summary of wish:

• Feature to be added to the "all settings" menu somewhere under display
  • Selection enables the TV to run Hue Sync software
  • TV then connects to the Hue Bridge on customer premises
  • Whatever content is displayed on the TV screen from whatever source (streaming, cable box, etc.) is analyzed by Hue Sync software for color/placement information
  • TV sends color and screen area information in real time to Hue Bridge
  • Hue Bridge tells Hue Lights the appropriate color adjustments to make

Check it out in action:

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would it be possible to get some kind of low-resolution image of the current output of the TV?
I.e. a picture of 16 x 9 pixels with the correct averages would be more than enough to build a DIY ambient light.

PS: I do understand that outputting the image is not possible with the DRM in place. But a downscaled version may be possible?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Or LG could just ignore this feature and wonder why their sales drop when competition releases this feature. That is not a very easy to implement feature and the first non-Phillips TV producer that does that will have a clear marketing advantage. 

• Like 1

I think this couldn't possible cause on the Philips TVs don't use a software to do this feature, but only WiFi enlaced with the HUE bridge and iOS App.

And it's only works in selecteds Philips Ambilight TV models. I have an Philips Ambilght 42 5000 series and works fine with HUE bridge from first and second generation, and would be very good working with my LG Oled 55B7P too.

But, how I told before, I believe it's not possible.

I hope my information can will be usefull.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seconded! It will be really useful to have as a native app an ambilight and/or hue sync app on the WebOS app market, and it will increase the value of the WebOS devices in front of their competitors (you can play it on Android tvs).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/5/2019 at 9:38 PM, Nguyen Tu said:

Yes, please!!!

Just bought a C9, love the picture quality, however, WebOS is still limited 

Just as a reminder... It's a TV. Not a PC. You probably already have a phone emulating one 🙂

Better focus on getting the key features of the device right. And those are picture and sound. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...