Quantcast

P K Prabhakar

Question

Hi, LG content store administrators!

When will you give us Jio TV on WebOS. You have been left back by almost 2 years by other TV OS. At least compete with others in the present market. In the name of WebOS you are charging your customers heavily but you are not giving them even the minimum. Other TV manufactures e.g. MI, VU, Samsung, etc, are giving the world to their customers for a price as low as 60% of what you are charging. Still you have useless apps in your store which have no meaning at all for a TV and have left the stuffs that are inevitable in market.

P K Prabhakar

[email protected]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

14 answers to this question

Hi Mr. Hofmeister,

If you are from LG, I can bet to say nobody in this world would be so rude to their customers as you are. And if you are just a customer like me then I must say you do not have authority to reply by entering into someone else's shoes. I hope rest you can understand better and even more than what I have written. Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, P K Prabhakar said:

Hi Mr. Hofmeister,

If you are from LG, I can bet to say nobody in this world would be so rude to their customers as you are. And if you are just a customer like me then I must say you do not have authority to reply by entering into someone else's shoes. I hope you rest you can understand better and even more that what I have written. Thanks.

No I am not an LG employee and no one on this forum claims to be as this forum is a user to user site.  Sorry if my question and statement sounded rude, but both I feel were valid.

• Like 2

First of all let me clatify WebOs is not an open source Operating System or something popular like Linux, Android or Windows, Mac etc. where developers will come and design an application and get rewards in lieu of installation or advertisements. WebOS is a patronised and fully owned by LG. Even developers like you and me don't know what will they get if they design an application for the same. So, its so easy to understand and is a general principle that nobody will do anything for charity unless there is an underlying benefit. So if LG doesn't approach Jio for development of an application for its OS and reaches to an agreement for a mutual benefit with Jio, Jio will have no point in showing interest for the same because. It's not a smaller brandname than that of LG. Simultaneously if LG designs an application for Jio TV and Jio doesn't share an interface for the same it will be of no use. Its not something like I will ask Jio why they have not designed application for WebOS. They will ask me the same what I asked you "What is your authority to ask us such questions?"

So, you have to understand that it's only Jio and LG who are to decide when and how they have to launch such application. My question was for the same.

• Like 2

Hello Prabhakar,

If you can develop few applications for WebOS then please go ahead and help the community.  😊 LG announced this year early that it has provided an open source version for the WebOS for the developers to build and be creative with the ToolKit. 

Please find the reference URL : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebOS

Hi Asad,

My question is very simple. Why will I waste my time? I went through the the link given by you and din't find any developers' welfare program. Means developer will waste a lot of time understanding the core functionalities of their owned SDK, develop application, submit to the LG and get a thumbs up, that's all? I am not that much insane. And this is probably the reason we find garbage in the LG content store except a few usable ones.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, P K Prabhakar said:

Hi Asad,

My question is very simple. Why will I waste my time? I went through the the link given by you and din't find any developers' welfare program. Means developer will waste a lot of time understanding the core functionalities of their owned SDK, develop application, submit to the LG and get a thumbs up, that's all? I am not that much insane. And this is probably the reason we find garbage in the LG content store except a few usable ones.

Hi PK,

To cover a couple of your posts, there are two version of webOS one closed and one open source, very similar to Android which is not entirely open and completely different to iOS which is completely closed, but all are 'nix based.  It is not necessary to run either version of webOS itself to develop apps for the platform, that is what the SDK is for.  The open source version of webOS is aimed more at developers who want to create additions and improvements to the platform, say add codec support for a particular video format, not those who want to create apps for it.  Anyone developing for a Smart TV platform, not just webOS, would need to learn how that platform's SDK works.  The submission process is going to be similar for all Smart TV platforms, and LG provide a payments gateway allowing developers can monetize their products.

If someone was looking to develop for webOS then here is where they would start:

link hidden, please login to view

There is even a quick tutorial on how to create a test app:

I see no reason why you cannot approach Jio to inquire as to whether they will develop support for the webOS platform.  Reliance Joi  are a commercial entity, there are LG Smart TV owners using a  platform they do not currently support.  Most companies would, I imagine, welcome feedback from customers to help identify market segments they are not currently supporting, pointing them at an untapped revenue stream.  Jio have an official Twitter customer support feed:

or there is a email contact page on their website:

Development for webOS is theoretically one of the easiest to work with as is uses fairly standard web programming languages such as HTML, JavaScript and CSS.  So if someone can write a fairly sophisticated web page then app development for webOS should not be outside of their capabilities.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:11 PM, P K Prabhakar said:

Hi, LG content store administrators!

When will you give us Jio TV on WebOS. You have been left back by almost 2 years by other TV OS. At least compete with others in the present market. In the name of WebOS you are charging your customers heavily but you are not giving them even the minimum. Other TV manufactures e.g. MI, VU, Samsung, etc, are giving the world to their customers for a price as low as 60% of what you are charging. Still you have useless apps in your store which have no meaning at all for a TV and have left the stuffs that are inevitable in market.

P K Prabhakar

[email protected]

Yes truely, now we want apps like jio tv, hotstar, sonyliv on webos

Hello P K Prabhakar sir 

i was wondering if you are a developer and can make jiotv run on this lg webos then it is highly possible that users of lg webos will pay u directly for it if the companies are not willing to put the app on webos.. because not everyone will switch to other tv or buy android boxes or firesticks just to make an app run ..  they will pay you for making it run on their tvs and will be more than happy for the same  

• Like 1