Quantcast

HDMI ARC TV to Sound Bar not working

Jose Antonio Campo

Question

Dear Friends ,
Really looking forward to your help and support
My problem is i can not make work the HDMI ARC conection between TV and Sound Bar

So far:

TV LG OLED55B7P-S (latest firmware)

Sound Bar LG SK9Y (latest firmware)

NVidia Shield Pro 2017 (latest firmware in my region, waiting for Oreo)

HD Set Top Box Arris/Motorola (Cable) HDMI

Used the device manager on the WebOS to connect the Sound Bar , assigned HDMI ARC , Simplink , and tried both auto power yes and no, sound test did not work

NVidia shield connected to SK9Y HDMI IN , HDMI OUT (ARC) to TV LG HDMI 2 (ARC)

Works fine image and sound, sound of course is ok as it goes from NVidia to SK9Y directly

HD cable top box to TV LG HDMI 4 and I get no sound from the TV thru the HDMI ARC port (previously establish  HDMI 2 (ARC) to sound bar)  

I plug in the optical and works fine, Internal tv speakers works fine , BT fine….everything works but the HDMI ARC.

What I am doing wrong?  I am worry it may be a HDMI ARC port problem, TV Is about 3 months old, soundbar is about 2 weeks old

Thank you in advance

3 answers to this question

Nice soundbar! My idea is probably too simple. When setting up my LG TV & LG soundbar I couldn't get any sound via ARC either. 

My soundbar has 2 HDMI connections one marked sound in and naturally, I connected the TV ARC port to the soundbar  port port marked Sound In.  I couldn't get any sound unless I used the optical connection. To my surprise, I found that if I used the other HDMI port on the soundbar it worked perfectly! This still seems wrong to me but everything works and sounds good so have not made any inquiries. 

On 6/24/2018 at 9:12 AM, Superplonk said:

Nice soundbar! My idea is probably too simple. When setting up my LG TV & LG soundbar I couldn't get any sound via ARC either. 

My soundbar has 2 HDMI connections one marked sound in and naturally, I connected the TV ARC port to the soundbar  port port marked Sound In.  I couldn't get any sound unless I used the optical connection. To my surprise, I found that if I used the other HDMI port on the soundbar it worked perfectly! This still seems wrong to me but everything works and sounds good so have not made any inquiries. 

Hi Mate

Thanks for your reply ,  yes is a great SoundBar I really like it

I already tried that , swap ports to see if it made a difference , same result no luck.

In my case the correct way as described by LG as by Industries standards it should be from Soundbar HDMI(ARC) out to TV HDMI (ARC) in.......and is not working

I am almost 100% positive there is an issue with the TV, I tried with a 2nd sound bar and i got the same result

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.