Quantcast

Using headphones and TV speakers at same time

Question

I have an LG OLED55C6P TV. Because of hearing difficulties, I generally use bluetooth headphones when watching the TV.  As far as I have been able to determine, there appears to be no way to use the headphones and also have the TV speakers working at the same time. This means that if I'm watching TV, no one else can watch and listen unless they have headphones.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to have the headphones and TV speakers working at the same time?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

If you wish to use bluetooth headphones and the internal speakers then you need to do the following. First pair the bluetooth headset to ensure the TV has it listed in its available devices

7 answers to this question

On our TV, Settings | All Settings | Sound | Sound out, there is an option at the bottom of the list to select "Internal TV Speaker + Wired Headphones. This also lets us connect an external speaker and hear its audio in addition to the TV sound.

WebOS Software version 04.70.85.

I do not have this model of TV, but you may look for an option in accessibility submenu that allows multiple audio output. For example, newer Samsung TVs have an option that allows to use both internal speakers and Bluetooth headphones at the same time:

link hidden, please login to view

If you wish to use bluetooth headphones and the internal speakers then you need to do the following.

First pair the bluetooth headset to ensure the TV has it listed in its available devices

Press and hold cog button on remote for 5 Sec

Select Sound

Select Sound Out

Scroll down to Bluetooth and select the "Device list" on the right

If not already searching press the search button

Switch on your bluetooth headset in pairing mode.

Select your device when it pops up. 

Go to the Sound configuration menue

Scroll down to  "Bluetooth Surroundsound + Internal TV Speakers"

Click on the device list on the right

Select your bluetooth headset.

Exit from the screen

Job Done

• Like 1

I have Bose Bluetooth headphones which I have been able to connect wirelessly with my LG tv. My problem is with volume control. I can only adjust the volume using the the remote. The buttons on the headphones do nothing. The tv remote adjusts both the headphones and internal tv speakers simultaneously so that a comfortable level on the tv is too quiet and a louder volume on the headphones is too loud for the tv. Is there a way to adjust the volume on the two devices independently of one another?

On 12/28/2020 at 4:30 AM, SusanS said:

I have set up two sets of headphones on my LG tv. Both are functional but not at the same time. Is it possible for two sets of wireless headphones to be used simultaneously?

Yes this can be achieved but you would need to purchase an external Bluetooth Adapter that supports this function. Amazon sell a few and they are reasonably inexpensive.

https://www.amazon.com.au/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Simultaneously/dp/B01EHSX28M/ref=pe_15469842_414097902_grep_deals_digest_pe_t