Quantcast

Please add Spectrum TV app.

matty032

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/04/2018 at 3:50 AM, jenichael said:

Yes please! There really is not a reason for this not to happen. Overall, there seems to be a lack of apps for this smart TV. 

Lack of apps is problem, well it is only a problem if there is not an app you specifically want.  LG do not make the apps themselves and we, the end user, have no idea how much effort LG themselves make at getting content providers to produce apps for the platform.  So if you want a specific app really you need to pursue that with the content provider first, then if you cannot get any joy out of them contact LG and give them proof of your interaction and then see if they will get involved.

If you write code then producing an app for webOS does not seem particularly difficult, there is a well developed SDK, plenty of help, tutorials and code examples on the LG developer site and of course YouTube is there if needed.  There is of course a process to go through submitting the app to LG who if they approve it will make it available in the app catalogue.  

I imagine that one of the biggest reasons that LG does not write the apps themselves is that content providers would have to allow access to various APIs and the like to be able to interact with their services, which some would be reluctant to do.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I don't know how much LG monitors the posts here, but I'd recommend searching for Spectrum and giving a "thumbs-up" to every post that asks them to add an app!

Some forums and bug trackers use this to weigh member interest.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Dedicating a Special Exhibition Zone to Experimental yet Innovative Products,
      LG Presents Creative Ideas Tailored to Various Lifestyles

SEOUL, Jan. 2, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is gearing up to showcase its latest lineup of innovative and pioneering products at CES 2024, the world’s largest consumer electronics and IT exhibition.
      LG will dedicate a special exhibition space to LG Labs, its marketing platform focused on delivering experimental yet innovative products and services. This year, the size of the LG Labs zone has more than doubled compared to CES 2023, aiming to present creative ideas tailored to various lifestyles, offering diverse customer experiences.
      One of the highlights at the exhibition will be the unveiling of the DukeBox by LG Labs, an innovative audio product that seamlessly combines the charm of vacuum tube audio with cutting-edge transparent OLED panel technology. It aims to deliver a new music experience by combining old-fashioned sensibilities with state-of-the-art technology, seeking to reinvent the depth of audio and video experience with a modernized jukebox. With front-facing speakers at the bottom and a 360-degree speaker at the top, it offers an immersive audio experience that surrounds the listener. The transparency of the OLED display can be adjusted, creating a captivating visual effect reminiscent of a vacuum tube audio system enclosed in a transparent glass box. Moreover, the DukeBox is versatile and can be used to enjoy high-quality content such as movies, or even create a cozy fireplace ambiance where the vacuum tube is visible amidst the flickering flames.
      LG will also unveil an upgraded version of its Bon Voyage by LG Labs, a customized living space designed to extend the life quality at home out into the nature. Based on customer feedback, the Bon Voyage has been redesigned to the size of a camping trailer, optimizing space utilization and mobility. With dimensions of 2-meter width, 3.8-meter depth and 2.2-meter height, it can be furnished with various furniture and appliances, including a bed, refrigerator, electric stove, water purifier, Styler and shoe care products. Its versatility allows for comfortable enjoyment anywhere, with the ability to be easily parked indoors and connected to a car.
      Another exciting product to be showcased is the DUOBO by LG Labs, a capsule coffee machine that extracts two different coffee capsules simultaneously. Inspired by space exploration, the DUOBO was introduced through a crowdfunding campaign in the US. The exhibition space will feature a large model of the DUOBO together with the space pet character CUBO, creating an inviting atmosphere for global customers.
      In addition, LG plans to exhibit other products such as the LG CineBeam Qube, LG gram Fold, LG XBOOM, LG StanbyMe Go, LG tiiun mini and brid.zzz by LG Labs, all born from the company’s fearless approach to taking on bold challenges.
      Kim Hyo-eun, vice president and head of Brand Management Division at LG, expressed the company’s commitment to providing global customers with a firsthand experience of the innovative products and services that embody LG Electronics’ ‘Pioneering DNA.’
      Visitors to CES 2024 in Las Vegas from January 9-12 can check out LG Labs products at the company’s booth (#16008, Central Hall, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with all of LG’s exciting announcements at CES, visit
      link hidden, please login to view and . # # #

• By AndyW
      I see you have updated Web OS
      Why do you have to screw around with it, I don't want your 'Apps Experience' I just want to be able to watch TV!
      There used to be a button for selecting TV, it had gone now - why?
      Every time you do an update the TV channels favourite has to be re-selected.
      I write software for a living and if I treated my customers like you treat yours I would be out of a job.

Can you please put the TV channel selection back and possibly a setting so we don't have to wade through all the App garbage you seem so intent on wanting us to use - it's almost like you earn money from it...
    • By Дмитрий Павлов
      We need steam link app. We could use hardware steam link, but now, when it is discontinued by Valve, this app could be the way. Please respond, thanks!
    • By Greatman dd
      Add Lionsgate Play...Please
    • By Walter Veczko
      Please add the YES app - the Yankees Entertainment app.  They now have a direct subscription service.
  • Similar Tagged Content