Quantcast

[pivotCE]LuneOS project still progressing

It’s been quite a while since our last release and we’ve been keeping quiet lately. Some of the team members have also enjoyed some well deserved time off in the meanwhile as well. The majority of what we’ve been working on hasn’t been and isn’t ready for public consumption.

But quite a lot of things have happened in the past couple of months.

Here’s what we’ve been working on since the previous release:
-Updated various underlying OS bits: IM plugins such as SkypeWeb, YahooPlusPlus.
-Update from BlueZ4 to BlueZ5. This one is a major upgrade that requires all our targets to have major rework on low level code and this has been taking a long time but is now complete for the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. This also required us to rework our Settings App plugin for BlueTooth. Since we were never really happy with the plugins and their negative impact on the performance combined with the still uncertain future of the Enyo framework, we decided to start rewriting the Settings app in QML. This will also bring back the individual Settings icons back to the launcher, like they were available on legacy webOS 2.x and 3.x.
-Added various bits and initial work for VPN plugin support for ConnMan.
-Cleanup various configuration files.
-Changed the default wallpaper to a nice new high quality LuneOS one! Thanks to Hans Kokx (aka HaDAk for the great photos!)
-Various minor tweaks to configuration.

We’ve been working on some new porting targets as well. Seeing that Halium is now available for a large number of target devices (50+ at the time of writing), users/developers have come along wanting to try LuneOS on their Halium supported device too so we’re trying to assist those in getting LuneOS working. This is still a lot of work in progress, but results look promising in general. This also would mean we will support Android 7.1.x based devices and Aarch64 bits architecture (ARM 64 bits chipsets).

New targets we are currently developing for are: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x (mido), OnePlus X (onyx), Google/Huawei Nexus 6P (angler) and Motorola G4 (athene). These are in various stages of development currently.

20180214034531.png?resize=169%2C300&ssl=

We’ve also been assisting the

link hidden, please login to view
on their build system and targets with great success so far! There are still bits to be added and polished but it’s already a great start to see how far they have been able to come in such short time!

We’re also looking into integrating more with  , allowing more and easier ports of the LuneOS!

We plan to be back with a new release in due course, in the meanwhile you can always check our !

Related posts:

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Company Offering LG Smart TV Owners Worldwide Opportunity to Watch
      Acclaimed Apple TV+ Series and Films for Free for Limited Time Only

SEOUL, Dec. 2, 2022 — LG Smart TV owners in over eighty countries will gain access to three months of Apple TV+ for free, supplying them with popular, award-winning content to enjoy over the holidays.1 Starting this week, the promotion is available to new Apple TV+ subscribers and applies to all compatible 4K and 8K LG Smart TV models from 2018 to 2022 running webOS 4.0 to webOS 2022. To redeem this offer, users must access the Apple TV+ app via a compatible LG Smart TV and follow the redemption instructions.2
      With Apple TV+, LG Smart TV owners can enjoy premium Apple Original drama and comedy series, feature films, documentaries, and kids and family entertainment, including this year’s Oscar Best Picture winner “CODA,” record-breaking Emmy Award winner “Ted Lasso,” holiday musical comedy “Spirited” and hit series such as “Bad Sisters,” “Slow Horses” and many more, as well as live sports, beginning with “Friday Night Baseball” and Major League Soccer matches coming in February 2023. After its launch in 2019, Apple TV+ became the first all-original streaming service to launch around the world and has premiered more original hits and received more award recognitions faster than any other streaming service in its debut. To date, Apple Original films, documentaries and series have been honored with 280 wins and over 1,200 awards nominations.
      LG Smart TVs leverage cutting-edge picture and sound technologies for stunning home entertainment experiences. The company’s industry-leading TVs employ Dolby Vision IQ and Dolby Atmos enhancing the immersive home entertainment experience, especially when streaming the Dolby mastered Apple TV+ titles.
      To add even more convenience to the viewing experience provided by LG Smart TVs supporting webOS 4.0 or higher, viewers can use LG Magic Remote to point, click and scroll the app’s interface and utilize its built-in microphone to search, discover and start watching the high-quality content featured on Apple TV+ via simple voice commands.3 What’s more, webOS 22 supports personal profiles to deliver to each individual their own personalized viewing experience.
      # # #
      1 Start date may vary by region. Offer ends January 31, 2023. Promotion applies to countries where Apple TV+ is available. Please check local details at 
      link hidden, please login to view.
      2 Offer available with LG 4K and 8K TVs from 2018 to 2022. Offer ends January 31, 2023. Valid only for new subscribers to Apple TV+ in your region, age 13+. Limit one offer per TV and Apple ID. Plan automatically renews at your region’s price per month until cancelled. Requires iTunes/Apple Media Services account. Terms and Apple Privacy Policy apply; see the applicable terms at . Compatible products and services required. Cannot be combined with other offers providing access to the same service. Apple TV+ is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.
      3 Voice command available in twenty-two languages.
    • By solidblue
      My TV has stopped recognising the live TV signal from the aerial since the OS updated recently. The aerial works fine when plugged into other devices but when plugged into the TV it doesn’t recognise the signal for days on end. When this happens, it will no longer allow me to do a signal test via the settings (the option is greyed out). I’m guessing it’s either a) a problem with the input (hardware) or; b) a problem with the OS (software).
    • By Rahul Sharma
      I am getting this above error PI 1001_404_1 NAS continuously while watching hotstar disney. Pls help me to fix this.
    • By Nigelrw
      We ran an ARC sound bar with surround sound on a C9 OLED TV - this works fine . I would like to add a bluetooth headphone for my partner to use as her hearing is getting worse but key is to operate both the sound bar and the bluetooth headphones at same time  - Has anyone done this . I can see away to do it with internal speaker option but quaility of speakers is not too good on the C9. 
    • By Tnhomegal
      Just switched from Spectrum to AT&T. All apps are working on my LG TV except Amazon prime. Is there something I’m missing?