Quantcast

LG SJ800V - YouTube App - Change User

maple man

Question

Hello,

I am using WebOS3.5 on my LG 49 SJV800V. When I log into my YouTube account on my TV via my smartphone app, I login as the wrong user from my Google account. 

In the smartphone app the right user is shown, but when I am signed in on the TV app, the Google User is signed in, instead of the one I am using for YouTube. For people who do not know what I am talking about - you can have different Users in one Google account. A while ago Google decided to merge the Google account with your Youtube account. That is why different users exist. 

Is there a way to change to the correct user?

Thanks,

Maple Man

3 answers to this question

On 2/16/2018 at 10:41 PM, maple man said:

Hello,

I am using WebOS3.5 on my LG 49 SJV800V. When I log into my YouTube account on my TV via my smartphone app, I login as the wrong user from my Google account. 

In the smartphone app the right user is shown, but when I am signed in on the TV app, the Google User is signed in, instead of the one I am using for YouTube. For people who do not know what I am talking about - you can have different Users in one Google account. A while ago Google decided to merge the Google account with your Youtube account. That is why different users exist. 

Is there a way to change to the correct user?

Thanks,

Maple Man

Hello, did you find a solution to this?

I'm currently having the same problem on my LG C8.

To solve this issue don't activate the account via the app on a mobile device.

When the TV is searching for devices select Try a different way at the bottom of screen.

It will give you a code and ask you to go to youtube.com/activate

You can then select the Account and the User.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JonoW
      Has anyone else had the same problem as me regarding the 'like' button on the YouTube app on my Oled77g7v? There is a thumbs up button and a thumbs down button for each video. These icons are supposed to be just an outline unless you click on them and then they fill in to show you have selected them. However, this no longer works on my TV. It is as if you never clicked. In fact, the 'like' icon is always pre_filled, no matter what I do. This used to work properly and it still works correctly on a Sony TV I have. Any ideas would be very welcome! 
    • By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By whaleandtuna
      Please Help. I have LG qned tv with webOS 23
      1) What I did: with svc remote -> in start -> 0413 and all, area option was changed.
      I was trying many numbers to find the code for KR (which didn't work).
      2) What I wanted : change area option from CA -> KR (widely known area codes do not work)
      Original code: CAD 22411

3) Problem: Once I put a number between 19461 ~ 19489, Language&Country is set to EU and would not change the country with the other numbers.
      Area option: 19461 ~ 19489 Continent index: 5 ~ 33 Language & Country: EU  
      Now I put 22411 to change it back to original region, but the country would not change from EU to CA, the area option is back to 19461.
      If anyone is trying the area option numbers, don't put any number between them.
      If any one knows how to resolve, please help me to escape from EU.. I am so desperate.

FYI just in case
      hk 17930
      hk 17935
      co 17560
      ph 15670
      cn 17816
      ja 17211
      aj 17083
      tw 17432
      pa 17679
      hn 18618
      ca 18362
      mx 18456
      hn 18584
      br 18789
      cl 18876
      pe 19033
      ar 19123
      ec 19251
      jp 19345

• By Fletcher
      I have recently purchased an LG 43UH610T television.  I am located in Bali, Indonesia.  Everything seems to be working fine, but when I click on any of the options, such as LGTV, YouTube etc, it tells me I must first consent to the LG Smart TV user agreement.  However, I then get a message saying "Unable to load user agreements - a server error has occurred ......"
      Can you help?
    • By Renver
      Hi,
      When i power on my OLED55C8PLA TV it always starts at the source 'SET UP BOX' even there is no set up box connected. We only use HDMI2. That is also always the used source when we power down the TV. Its quite anoying the TV doesnt starts the input last used.
      I hope someone can help me with this issue!
      Thanks!
  • Similar Tagged Content