Quantcast

LG SJ800V - YouTube App - Change User

maple man

Question

Hello,

I am using WebOS3.5 on my LG 49 SJV800V. When I log into my YouTube account on my TV via my smartphone app, I login as the wrong user from my Google account. 

In the smartphone app the right user is shown, but when I am signed in on the TV app, the Google User is signed in, instead of the one I am using for YouTube. For people who do not know what I am talking about - you can have different Users in one Google account. A while ago Google decided to merge the Google account with your Youtube account. That is why different users exist. 

Is there a way to change to the correct user?

Thanks,

Maple Man

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

On 2/16/2018 at 10:41 PM, maple man said:

Hello,

I am using WebOS3.5 on my LG 49 SJV800V. When I log into my YouTube account on my TV via my smartphone app, I login as the wrong user from my Google account. 

In the smartphone app the right user is shown, but when I am signed in on the TV app, the Google User is signed in, instead of the one I am using for YouTube. For people who do not know what I am talking about - you can have different Users in one Google account. A while ago Google decided to merge the Google account with your Youtube account. That is why different users exist. 

Is there a way to change to the correct user?

Thanks,

Maple Man

Hello, did you find a solution to this?

I'm currently having the same problem on my LG C8.

To solve this issue don't activate the account via the app on a mobile device.

When the TV is searching for devices select Try a different way at the bottom of screen.

It will give you a code and ask you to go to youtube.com/activate

You can then select the Account and the User.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ROSSMAN
      I am creating a streaming application, where user can access a list of mkv files from my server, Mkv is not supported in web browsers and it is not loading properly within my webOS web app.
      I cannot modify my files to another video format.
      Is there a native player for LG WebOS that I can embed into my web application ?
      Is there any video player with web sdk to play mkv on a smart tv.
      Ps: my videos are working well on chrome, as for Firefox or Safari, it tells me that the format is not supported.
    • By SS1003602
      I have recently shifted from UAE to India. I have 55" LG 3D smart TV model no. 55UB8301. My problem is 1. I can not change country from UAE to India in settings -Country option because India is not available in the list.
      2. I can not download any app which are normally available in Indian smart TVs like Hotstar/Sonyliv/Amazon prime etc.
      3. In screen mirroring option using my Android phone, I can play any video stream from mobile to smart TV BUT only Amazon prime videos are not played. 
      Can anyone help me for above issues...?
    • By News Reporter
      On the occasion of the local debut of LG’s new LG QNED Mini LED TV series, LG’s team in Hong Kong was determined to create an experience that was memorable and elegant without exposing the audience to unnecessary risk.
      The result, LG Experience Museum, merged LG’s diverse lifestyle products with works of art. As the star of the show, LG QNED Mini LED TV offered a stunning and immersive viewing experience with deeper blacks and more accurate colors, inviting visitors to a unique and dynamic experience.

But LG Experience Museum had even more to offer.
      After pre-registering online, visitors were treated to a special tour of LG Experience Museum and its three unique experience zones – Vintage Zone, Artistic Zone and Black Addict Zone – each offering an exploratory journey into the history of LG’s many innovations.

Adorned with a geometric-patterned backdrop and trimmings reminiscent of the ‘60s and ‘70s, Vintage Zone offered a look back in time to witness the evolution of LG TVs. In this space, the LG Serie 1 Retro Classic TV with its primitive cathode ray tube (CRT) technology set the mood.

The theme of Artistic Zone alluded to the minimalistic and timeless design of LG’s products, with LG PuriCare Wearable Air Purifier and LG TONE Free TWS earbuds posing with historical sculptures. Here, visitors could get up close to both the 4K and 8K versions of LG QNED Mini LED TVs, with their bright, vivid colors on flawless display.

And in stark contrast to Artistic Zone, Black Addict Zone communicated a darker, more luxurious look and feel. Here, LG OLED TV and LG UltraFine Display OLED PRO took center stage against the black backdrop, illuminating the space with their self-lit displays.

In this zone, visitors could experience together for the first time LG’s “The Black Range” of appliances consisting of LG InstaView Door-In-Door® refrigerator, LG Vivace washing machine, LG Styler and LG CordZero wireless vacuum cleaner, representing state-of-the-art designs in classy, chic black.

Throughout the exhibition, guests were given the opportunity to engage with their social media circles to win concert tickets. All fun and informative time for all, LG Experience Museum not only introduced LG’s newest product innovations in style but also demonstrated how they were making Hong Kong lives better.
      Contributed by LG Hong Kong

# # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By VickiB
      Every time we turn on our "smart" TV, it tries to connect to cable. We don't have cable. That's not very smart.
      Because we don't have cable, we have static; it's noisy and annoying until I can push enough buttons on the remote to get to something else.
      Is there a way to tell this thing not to boot into "TV" mode? (Best if it would remember what it was doing when I turned it off).

• By Bob22
      Hi anybody know why I have a small black and white box on top right hand side of screen only on channel 5 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By 4913
      Hi. I have two LG Smart TVs that were purchased in 2014 and have the YouTube apps pre-installed. I would really like to uninstall them if possible but despite searching everywhere online cannot find the answer. All of the current threads or videos refer to newer models where the screen layout is different with all the apps lined up at the bottom of the screen. My TVs have app ‘cards’ and I simply cannot edit card 1 which has the pre-installed apps on it. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks, Nigel.
    • By Nyalisson Rodrigo
      All day long i had try to watch videos on YouTube App and I can't use the app.. i try others user and I can't use the youtube app at my LG Tv. On cellphone it's work normally
    • By ironmonkey
      After using this LG "Smart TV" for about 2 years now, i can honestly say that it is one of the worst products i have ever paid for.
      Constant and ongoing problems have long ago woken me up to the fact that i am never going to get what i paid for, or even enjoy using what is still being touted as a "Smart TV" even though after two years of disappointments though constant errors, freezing, crashing, lack of memory, lack of usable apps, lack of support (both through the product and through LG) Upgrades that dont actually upgrade anything and the ongoing lack of support for anything that is worth using through the Web Browser.
      The lastest downgrade for this TV is the lack of support for YouTube through the Web Browser. I have seen a message at the top of the page within YouTube for some months arning that LG will soon stop supporting YouTube though the Web Browser. A few weeks ago this happened literally over night. I turned my TV on and went to use YouTube only to find that it just did not load, when it does load, its is so bad that you simply can not use the site. I thought about this and why LG would do this and i honestly think that this is their attempt to fix the problem with LG TV's having so little onboard memory that their TV's can not and do not work properly while using the Web Browser for more than 20 minutes without a forced close down.
      So now they are forcing you to use the apps instead of the Web Browser and stopping support for anything that they can not monetarise through allowing the use of apps on their TV's. But the app is not stable and crashes or simply does not load, its quite ugly to use and not intuitive at all. But this is what we are now being forced to use.
      Its becomes painfully obvious very quickly that LG dont allow you to change the Web Browser that they choose, you can not download another, because they dont want you to do that and too be honest, there simply is not enough onboard memory to allow for choice.
      In conclusion, i will predict that its only a matter of time before they stop supporting the Web Browser all together and then they will have to take the word "Smart" out of all discription of their TV's.  

• By VEzVE
      LG55UG870 3D 4K TV, webos 2, tv software version 04.05.85, YouTube update on 16 March 2020 to app version 1.0.70 made it unusable as it just load black screen. 
      What is going on?